The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #14
glatt

That would actually be cool. I like match light as well.

I like knobs and hate touch pads that have a flexible membrane to jamb your finger against to try to make contact with a button underneath. Ideally, there will be a knob for each burner, a selector knob to choose bake or broil, and a temperature knob for the oven. 6 knobs total. A small toggle switch to turn on the oven light. Nothing digital anywhere. Except maybe a temperature reading.

I like a drawer under the oven to store the cookie sheets and lasagna pans, but it should have a smooth motion. Preferably drawer slides using ball bearings. The drawer should be removable so you can reach under the range to collect dead mouse carcasses or stuff you drop behind the range.

I like the modern looking restaurant style burners that cover the whole top with a gray surface underneath to hide dirt and grime. I hate cleaning the stove top.

I like an upper "back splash" on the cook top with the vent from the oven exiting the top of the back splash where the venting air will not impact the function of the cook top burners.

Many modern gas ranges have a steam cleaning feature where you pour water into a depression on the oven floor and turn the oven on to steam everything loose.

Basically, I'm describing a Viking that goes for $6K. But there are some GE's that come close and if you are willing to risk an LG they make one that hits most of those marks too.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote