The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-31-2016, 12:23 PM   #1
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

10 Question Time Waster

1. How long has it been since you pee'd outside? 2 days.

2. When you take a shower, do you cool down the hot water, or, warm up the cold water? I cool down the hot water.

3. If you could have any wild animal for a pet, with a guarantee it would never hurt you, or anyone else, what would it be? Tiger, or leopard.

4. Besides increasing size, if you could change the house/apartment you live in just by wishing it, what would you change? Soundproofing.

5. Are you left-handed? No.

6. Do you have a pet rfn? What is it/are they? No.

7. What color is the vehicle you drive most? White.

8. What movie have you seen the most times? Blazing Saddles, or, Lonesome Dove.

9. What's the most annoying thing about the neighbor
living closest to you? Noisy.

10. How far from where you were born do you now live? 25 miles. My town didn't have a hospital then.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:22 PM   #2
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

1. How long has it been since you peed outside?
7 days.

2. When you take a shower, do you cool down the hot water, or, warm up the cold water?
I strive to make the maximum hotness of my water tolerable, even if barely. I had a friend who had a seizure in the shower, felll and knocked the water to full hot. He lay there in the hot water long enough to be severely burned over a huge percentage of his body. He was in the hospital for weeks, and literally scarred for life. Therefore, my choice of hot water setting. My answer is maximum hot, full blast, and it's ah-ah-ahaaahhh. ..hot. But not diluted with the cold.

3. If you could have any wild animal for a pet, with a guarantee it would never hurt you, or anyone else, what would it be?
A crow.

4. Besides increasing size, if you could change the house/apartment you live in just by wishing it, what would you change.
I wish the house was paid off. Other than that, I'd like to finish finishing the basement.

5. Are you left-handed?
Mostly no. I can bat left handed, and when I played water polo my best buddy, Peter, and I would regularly drill with two balls, passing and catching simultaneously. I understand the prurient appeal of this explanation. In context, it was entirely lacking in sexuality. Outside that context, not so much.

6. Do you have a pet rfn? What is it/are they?
Yes. Fish in two large (80 gallon-ish) tanks, two dogs, Jack and Andy, and four cats, Angel, Jasper, Caesar, and Cleopatra, Cleo for short.

7. What color is the vehicle you drive most?
Black.

8. What movie have you seen the most times?
Blazing Saddles, or It's A Wonderful Life, or Young Frankenstein (Mel Brooks is a big deal in our house too).

9. What's the most annoying thing about the neighbor living closest to you?
The neighbors I have now are cool. There are some dogs around here that aren't controlled well and sometimes come into our yard, which drives our dogs nuts, which is annoying enough, but also lures, tempts, distracts our dogs from staying in our own damn yard. Except for the getting hit by a car, I wouldn't care so much. But I'm still paying on the last $400+ vet bill from the last car vs dog bout, so I really appreciate all efforts to keep them in the yard. I used to have neighbors that were concerned that I abuse and neglected my animals, to the point of calling the cops and animal control on me. Cops gave me this pro tip "don't engage her".

10. How far from where you were born do you now live?
2500 miles give or take. Born in Ohio, live in Washington.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:19 PM   #3
glatt

1. How long has it been since you pee'd outside? Maybe in October on a camping trip?.

2. When you take a shower, do you cool down the hot water, or, warm up the cold water? Warm it up. Takes a while, this time of year.

3. If you could have any wild animal for a pet, with a guarantee it would never hurt you, or anyone else, what would it be? I don't want a pet. But I'll say a Bald Eagle. Why not?

4. Besides increasing size, if you could change the house/apartment you live in just by wishing it, what would you change? Get rid of the ugly aluminum siding and replace it with stucco or somesuch

6. Do you have a pet rfn? What is it/are they? Thankfully, no.

7. What color is the vehicle you drive most? Boring silver.

8. What movie have you seen the most times? Star Wars

living closest to you? They are opposed to trash cans and don't use one. They just put bags out..

10. How far from where you were born do you now live? Couple hundred miles. 5-6 hours from here.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:35 PM   #4
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

1. How long has it been since you pee'd outside? Can't remember.

2. When you take a shower, do you cool down the hot water, or, warm up the cold water? Our shower has a mixer. I like a hottish shower .

3. If you could have any wild animal for a pet, with a guarantee it would never hurt you, or anyone else, what would it be? I can't think of one.

4. Besides increasing size, if you could change the house/apartment you live in just by wishing it, what would you change? Why would I want to increase the size? I'd like totally efficient insulation.

5. Are you left-handed? Not when I write, but I throw, apply mascara and clean my teeth with my left hand (or either hand).

6. Do you have a pet rfn? What is it/are they? Two cats and a Californian corn snake.

7. What color is the vehicle you drive most? Boring black.

8. What movie have you seen the most times? The Great Escape?

living closest to you? Her son in law..

10. How far from where you were born do you now live? Four hundred odd miles.

Sent by thought transference
Old 01-31-2016, 10:29 PM   #5
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

1. How long has it been since you pee'd outside?

Peeing outside right now, just for you

2. When you take a shower, do you cool down the hot water, or, warm up the cold water?

First I cool the hot, then I warm the cold

3. If you could have any wild animal for a pet, with a guarantee it would never hurt you, or anyone else, what would it be?

Bunyip

4. Besides increasing size, if you could change the house/apartment you live in just by wishing it, what would you change?

Air filtration

5. Are you left-handed?

Nope

Nope

Black. It's beautiful

Holy Grail or princess bride? Maybe Forest Gump.

living closest to you?

Love my neighbor.

135 miles
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:12 AM   #6
Griff
still says videotape

1. How long has it been since you pee'd outside? 1 day.

2. When you take a shower, do you cool down the hot water, or, warm up the cold water? I cool down the hot water.

3. If you could have any wild animal for a pet, with a guarantee it would never hurt you, or anyone else, what would it be? Capuchin monkey.

4. Besides increasing size, if you could change the house/apartment you live in just by wishing it, what would you change? Add a woodstove to the basement.

6. Do you have a pet rfn? What is it/are they? 2 dogs, 3 cats, 9 chickens, many bees.

7. What color is the vehicle you drive most? Blue.

8. What movie have you seen the most times? Blues Brothers

living closest to you? Noisy 4 wheelers.

10. How far from where you were born do you now live? 25 miles. Hospital over the border.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:00 AM   #7
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

- 3 months

- cool down the hot

- capybara

4. Besides increasing size, if you could change the house/apartment you live in just by wishing it, what would you change?
- insulation, followed closely by rewiring the whole thing, making outside access to my basement, and getting a roof on my deck

5. Are you left-handed?
- no

6. Do you have a pet rfn?
- personal a dog and a cat. Other residents have 3 other cats and 3 turtles. I think we need birds

- khaki

- Airplane! or Fifth Element

living closest to you?
- the aroma of the wife's cooking makes me hungry

- 14 miles from the hospital, 7 from the house we lived in at the time of my birth
Old 02-01-2016, 08:08 AM   #8
glatt

Explain this "cool down the hot" that many of you are talking about.

In my shower, the temperature lever and volume/on/off lever are separate. I just turn the shower on and wait for the water to come up to the right temperature. Don't even touch the temperature lever. But since it's winter, the water starts off at around 60 degrees or so, and I wait for the hot water to flow from the tank and heat things up to around 95-100 or so, I guess.

How is your water hot and you are cooling it down?

Edit: Are you saying you turn the hot water on full and then adjust the cold to get the right temperature?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:18 AM   #9
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Edit: Are you saying you turn the hot water on full and then adjust the cold to get the right temperature?
I have a single handle. I turn it all the way to hot, and when it gets hot, it's too hot, so I turn it toward the cold some, until it's comfortable.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:45 AM   #10
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

December 2014. Have vomited outside more recently.

I'm with Limey and Glatt on this.
I'm not sure I really understand the question. In my flat it's set for the same temp all the year round (when I have electricity to use it).
In a hotel/ in the 'rents' bedsit I wait and adjust up or down. In someone else's place I will leave the setting as it is, unless it's genuinely uncomfortable.

3. If you could have any wild animal for a pet, with a guarantee it would never hurt you, or anyone else, what would it be? I'd have to ask about the welfare of the animal. OMG I'd love a big cat, but I couldn't even handle a domestic one in all conscience now.

4. Besides increasing size, if you could change the house/apartment you live in just by wishing it, what would you change? Magic cleaning wand. Then maybe get a holograph suite with a big cat. Or even a domestic one.

5. Are you left-handed?
No.

Two rats.

Nun.

Ghostbusters.

living closest to you?
Absence. Gives me the fear The Landlord will visit to show new tenants around. I love having the flat below me empty though.

200 miles.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:38 AM   #11
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Explain this "cool down the hot" that many of you are talking about.

In my shower, the temperature lever and volume/on/off lever are separate. I just turn the shower on and wait for the water to come up to the right temperature. Don't even touch the temperature lever. But since it's winter, the water starts off at around 60 degrees or so, and I wait for the hot water to flow from the tank and heat things up to around 95-100 or so, I guess.

How is your water hot and you are cooling it down?

I have separate hot and cold knobs. I turn them both on, brush my teeth while the water gets to whatever temp i just dialed up.... it's always too hot, so I cool it down, get in, and as I acclimate to it, i warm it up.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:26 PM   #12
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
1. How long has it been since you pee'd outside? 6 months ish.

2. When you take a shower, do you cool down the hot water, or, warm up the cold water? has mixer tap, duz not compute

3. If you could have any wild animal for a pet, with a guarantee it would never hurt you, or anyone else, what would it be? Bat. to eata the mosqueetas.

4. Besides increasing size, if you could change the house/apartment you live in just by wishing it, what would you change? Kitchen.

5. Are you left-handed? Sometimes.

6. Do you have a pet rfn? What is it/are they? 2 cats, bearded dragon, painted turtle, fishies.

7. What color is the vehicle you drive most? scarlet.

8. What movie have you seen the most times? No idea. Good Morning Vietnam? 4 Weddings? Blazing Saddles? something funny

living closest to you? lawn chemicalification service.

10. How far from where you were born do you now live? 3500 miles. ish .
Old 02-02-2016, 10:10 PM   #13
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
1. How long has it been since you pee'd outside? About 6 months ago, on the canoe trip.

2. When you take a shower, do you cool down the hot water, or, warm up the cold water? het up the coolness.

3. If you could have any wild animal for a pet, with a guarantee it would never hurt you, or anyone else, what would it be? Polar bear

4. Besides increasing size, if you could change the house/apartment you live in just by wishing it, what would you change? Relocating it or nuking it or just new paint job inside and out. And new carpet. And...fuck it can I just move?

6. Do you have a pet rfn? What is it/are they? No.

7. What color is the vehicle you drive most? Mellow Yellow. That's really the name of it.

8. What movie have you seen the most times? Pulp Fiction

living closest to you?
"Yap yap yappy yap yap."
"Shut UP (insert dumbest dog name ever for dumbest dog ever)"
"Yap yap yap yap yap"
"Go potty (insert dumbest dog name ever for dumbest dog ever)"
"Yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap"
"SHUT UP (insert dumbest dog name ever for dumbest dog ever)"
"YAP YAP YAPPY YAP YAP"
"Go Potty (insert dumbest dog name ever for dumbest dog ever)"

Yes, this dog is so dumb its even dumber owner needs to TELL it to piss. Over. And over. And over.

10. How far from where you were born do you now live? 10 miles.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:31 PM   #14
Griff
still says videotape

Water. I went the easy way out answering the question so here is full disclosure. I have an electric on demand hot water heater. I only use the hot lever. If I increase volume it's cooler if I reduce volume it's hotter.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:45 PM   #15
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

How long has it been since you pee'd outside?

When I lived at the shithole, it was sometimes a necessity, what with the massive sewage failures.

It was basically peeing into the back yard anyway, what with all the septic failure and whatnot!

Plus, the only pisser in the place was on the top floor. I want to impart this wisdom, no matter who you are, never live in a place where the only bathroom is on the top floor.

Cottage o' Prussia, I only did once. You have to mark a new place as yours.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote