lookout123
changed his status to single

yer such a boob shawnee
Old 12-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #1127
Flint
Snowflake

what? shawnee's boob?
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #1128
lookout123

yeah, didn't you see the pics?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #1129
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Yeah, didn't you?
Old 12-18-2008, 02:55 PM   #1130
lookout123

the following is a letter I sent out today. i'm not sure if it is irritating or upsetting, but i know it doesn't make me feel good.

Dear Mr and Mrs __________,

Thank you for responding to my follow up call. I really do appreciate the compliments that you paid me in speaking about the investments that we selected for you when we first began working together. I also appreciate how much you trust and value my advice and credit it with keeping you secure in these tumultuous times.

There are some issues that I feel I must address to ensure we're all on the same page. While I'm glad you're satisfied with the quality of the investments we chose together I feel it necessary to remind you that choosing those investments was only meant to be step one of an ongoing shift in your portfolio. Immediately following the purchase of _______, we had agreed to liquidate _______ and place the proceeds in a more secure income producing investment, ________ specifically. You chose not to do that even though I advised you to do so on twelve separate dates in the last 36 months.

The result of only putting one part of the plan into action was an imbalanced portfolio not prepared for the economic downturn I spoke to you about in the spring and summer of 2007. On _________, 2007 I called an urgent meeting with you in which I outlined the dangers we were facing and asked you to take immediate action. Specifically I asked you to __________________ and ________________. You said you would think about it and get back to me. I reiterated my concerns in a letter dated __________.

2008 has been a brutal year for all investors but you have been hit especially hard due to your portfolio imbalance. When you contacted me last week concerned with your losses I cleared my calendar so we could meet. The plan I previously created no longer works because your losses have been too great. I did, however, present a new plan that does address the known issues and prepares us for the unknown events of the the next several years. When you left my office, I felt confident we were finally on the same page and prepared to move forward with a sensible approach for your portfolio and estate.

I must confess your phone call today caught me completely offguard. While I appreciate the confidence you've placed in me I must admit I'm baffled. If you trust my judgement why have you chosen to ignore every single change I've asked you to make? I'm glad you are happy with the investments I purchased for you when we first began working together, but ignoring my advice about them now reminds me of the man who took his car to the mechanic. He told the mechanic his car wouldn't stop when he pressed the brake pedal. The mechanic inspected the car and declared the solution was to replace the brake pads. The man smiled and thanked the mechanic for his help but announced he still had faith in the previous set of brakepads the mechanic had sold him and drove away. Surely you understand my point in this silly story.

I genuinely value you as a client and enjoy the time we have worked together, but if you insist on ignoring all that I say I see no point in continuing our business relationship. You are paying me for advice you don't follow. The choice is simple: either follow my recommendations or quit paying me.

Please call me immediately to discuss your decision. If I do not hear from you within thirty days from the date of this letter, let this be notice that I will no longer be servicing your account and will not be morally or legally responsible for the performance of your investments.

Sincerely,

Lookout
Old 12-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #1131
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I think you have a really tough job!

Good letter, too.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #1132
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Excellent letter, I'd have recommended a few tiny changes in the spots where you slightly tip your hand and reveal how immensely annoyed you are.

I think the positive side of the letter is that where you seem to take these things personally indicates the depth of your interest in protecting their investments.

It's hard to do your job when you are hobbled.

Let it go, they don't seem to care about their $ as much as you.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #1133
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

the forecast temp for today is 37 degrees celcius which converts to almost 100 F.

That's pretty bloody hot when you combine it with about 85% humidity.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #1134
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

And, as I recall, that weather's not an awful lot of fun for pregnant women. (Mrs. Dallas was in the final stages of her first pregnancy in the summer of 1995, which was especially hot and muggy.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #1135
Aliantha

No, it sux. I work up a sweat just going from the aircon in the loungeroom to the bathroom which I leave the door closed on so it's hot. To add to that, I've had to do lots of stupid little jobs today including defrosting the fridge out the back, which I thought would be cooler anyway, but as it turns out, the heat out there just made the fridge get hot faster, so all benefit of standing in front of a cool fridge was lost!

So far it hasn't reached astronomical heights though, so here's hoping it doesn't.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:17 AM   #1136
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I think that letter's brilliant, Lookout. Bet it was a bitch to write though :P

Ali *hugs* ...actually no, you probably wouldn't appreciate a hug just now. Here *passes across a big vat of icecream and an industrial sized fan*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #1137
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

chantix makes me a little nauseous

I'm not sure what the point is. I should just bash myself in the head with a hammer. That would make me quit too.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #1138
Aliantha

Well there's some good news Dana.

For the last couple of days we've had the most brilliant south easterly blowing which (because we live 100 metres from the water and on the eastern seaboard) has blown away the humidity and made everything seem fresh.

It's very pleasant even though the actual temp has still been fairly high.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #1139
glatt

So today is the first day of a week long vacation for me. Yay! But last night, I got a message on my blackberry that the powers that be want to handle invoices differently for the end of the year this year. I'm the only one who knows how to work with the invoices I do, so I get to come in to work on the first day of my vacation to take care of this crap. It would have been nice if they told me yesterday, or Monday even. I hope to be out of here in an hour or so. (I'm only posting here as I wait for each individual invoice to print out.)
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:20 AM   #1140
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Memo: Somebody needs to talk to glatt about his TPS reports...
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar