Old 02-13-2007, 02:40 AM   #121
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Me!
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #122
Phil
Hoodoo Guru

shithead drivers who think they own the road!
Old 02-14-2007, 02:57 PM   #123
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
What do you do if you're related to them?
I don't care if I'm related to people. I've never understood the idea that being related to me gives someone special rights to be an asshole to me. My "family" are those who are there for me, respect me & allow me to respect them... I choose them and they choose me. Few of them are related to me.
If someone is not polite to me I treat them exactly the same regardless of their blood status. I did not speak to my parents for years. Their choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
shithead drivers who think they own the road!
Well, don't we?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:31 PM   #124
Phil
Hoodoo Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Well, don't we?
err ... nope! :p
doesnt it bug you when some spotty little oink who's just passed his test cuts you up and causes you to brake?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #125
rkzenrage

Not really... I'm a very patient driver. What confuses me is how my patience bothers those riding with me, and it does.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:40 PM   #126
Cloud

apparently quite a lot of things bother us folks.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:06 PM   #127
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
apparently quite a lot of things bother us folks.
People that state the obvious.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #128
rkzenrage

No really, I am very patient and it drives people nuts. I don't drive any longer, but it was most evident then. Insurance tests show that drivers that speed don't arrive any faster than those that do the speed limit (they just tear-up their cars quicker, get into more accidents, and get to the next red light/stop sign before you do so you can waive at them when you get there). On a 70 mile trip on the interstate, speeding ten over gets you there five to seven min. earlier... just not worth it. Getting a ticket takes longer than that.
I do the speed limit, let drivers in, let people pass me, get out of the way from the fast lane when others pull-up behind me, don't park illegally, etc. Never had a ticket of any kind.
It drove my father INSANE. When I asked him why he acted like he did not hear me.
Even with my day-to-day I am very patient, waiting in lines, for food or other service, anything really.
Stuff is going to happen or come when it happens or comes. Getting weird about it will not change anything... makes no sense to me.
What makes less sense is getting weird about me being calm about it.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:52 AM   #129
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
I do the speed limit, let drivers in, let people pass me, get out of the way from the fast lane when others pull-up behind me, don't park illegally, etc. Never had a ticket of any kind...
Even with my day-to-day I am very patient, waiting in lines, for food or other service, anything really.
Stuff is going to happen or come when it happens or comes. Getting weird about it will not change anything... makes no sense to me.
I am exactly the same when it comes to driving. I did get 2 parking tickets but they were legal parking spaces where I didn't move my car in time - an error on my part rather than leaving the car somewhere it shouldn't be. I've never had anyone comment on my driving style, but I think that's because they know they'll get a lecture if they do.

Oddly I am totally the opposite when walking. I can't bear people walking slowly in front of me when there is no way of passing, stopping abruptly in front of me or stepping out of shop doorways without looking so I have to spring sideways rather than collide with them. My sense of anger and frustration is way out of proportion for the actual delay. The crime of Being In My WAY is practically a hanging offence in my mind.

I'm about to go out for my lunchtime walk and I just know there will be at least 3 occasions where I want to shout and/ or wallop someone.

I can only assume this is what road-rage drivers feel. It's not how much sooner you arrive, it's being able to move at your own pace. Walking quickly doesn't break the law or kill you though.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:06 AM   #130
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
err ... nope! :p
doesnt it bug you when some spotty little oink who's just passed his test cuts you up and causes you to brake?

Everyone drives like that here. Apart from rkzenrage, who causes most of the accidents by refusing to drive at the prevailing traffic speed and by being the only car who stops when the lights change to red (everyone else stops for green to avoid those in the other direction who are running the red)

Old 02-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #131
Phil
Hoodoo Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Everyone drives like that here. Apart from rkzenrage, who causes most of the accidents by refusing to drive at the prevailing traffic speed and by being the only car who stops when the lights change to red (everyone else stops for green to avoid those in the other direction who are running the red)

i drive very much like RK and SG, which is why i get annoyed at people who drive without consideration for others.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #132
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
i drive very much like RK and SG, which is why i get annoyed at people who drive without consideration for others.
I'm half and half -I drove like that in the UK, here the bad habits are rubbing off. Plus they don't have speed cameras and red light cameras -they actually have to catch you!

I remember in the UK being explicitly taught that when you pull into traffic, make sure the gap is big enough that you won't cause the next car to slow down. -For your safety as well as as courtesy to them. Especially when joining motorways where you should use the slip road to accelerate to the speed of the traffic before you join. And don't pull off the hard shoulder until you're almost at the traffic speed and -again- the gap is big enough.

I think an awful lot of people here missed class that day. It scares me the way people will happily put into a small gap in 70mph traffic from being stationary on the hard shoulder. Or into 40mph traffic from their sideroad when the next car is 20 feet away. And there are more gaps to be had in this part of the world -the traffic is nothing like in Birmingham (UK). Rather a few seconds late than permanently late, imo. (but I'm damned if I'm going to stop for that orange light.... )
Old 02-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #133
Madman
has left the building.

Liars... Especially when they're not very good at it.

Even worse... When they are related to you.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #134
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Idiot A$$ liberals, who don't believe that conservatives have feelings too.
A$$ wipe bosses that think that democrats are the most wonderful people on Earth, and dock your pay to support their cause.
A$$ Hat people who forbid you to say things like "Murdersikle" in their presence, but will insult your father in the same breath.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #135
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
Idiot A$$ liberals, who don't believe that conservatives have feelings too.
A$$ wipe bosses that think that democrats are the most wonderful people on Earth, and dock your pay to support their cause.
A$$ Hat people who forbid you to say things like "Murdersikle" in their presence, but will insult your father in the same breath.
What's a "Murdersikle"?