The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-13-2004, 12:16 PM   #31
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
monitor envy
Yeah, I keep forgetting that some people aren't accustomed to squeezing so much in at one time.

I mean all of that information at once can overwhelm lesser... interfaces, yeah, interfaces.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:57 PM   #32
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianR
Ouch!
Keep the benadryl handy.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:00 PM   #33
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I need more coffee, but I really have to make room first. I wonder where I bought that photo album to begin with, I'll never find refill pages for it, might as well just buy a new one and get it over with.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
Old 07-13-2004, 01:11 PM   #34
Skunks
I thought I changed this.

I'm sick of all these short-thoughtless-off-the-cuff-response threads. The beauty of this medium is being able to take your sweet ass time to phrase things well. Why cheapen it with entire threads devoted to one-sentence-or-less responses?

img-timeline, I suppose, given those threads seem to have mostly died. This might just be belated, misdirected, and blind rage.
Skunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:27 PM   #35
jaguar
whig

*laughs
Whenever the damn things ship I'll have an Apple 20", then you'll pay, muahahaha.

Thanks for sharing breakingnews.

Oh and mari, I'll be happy to take in a few refugees of the regime

Last edited by jaguar; 07-13-2004 at 01:30 PM.
jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:36 PM   #36
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

I'm juggling (not so) cheap airfares and my work schedule to plan my next trip to see the boyfriend. Calculating the stress levels at home in the office connected to various flight times. Wishing I didn't have to shoot up and down the country all the time. thinking that when he moves in with me this stress will go, and wondering what the stress that replaces it will be like ...
Old 07-13-2004, 06:19 PM   #37
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I'm thinking this is the first time I've ever used a public library computer for Internet access (I'm cooling my heels while the kids are at a program in the children's room), and I'm wondering if the gummint-mandated filters are going to flag any of the naughty stuff you perverts keep posting about.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:24 PM   #38
megatron
Cellar Dweller

its 7:22 pm and 12:30 seems so far away. sucks to be stuck at work all day and NIGHT. wheres Marty and the Doc when you need them?
megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:04 PM   #39
lookout123
changed his status to single

for those that remember the thread about investing with a full service broker:

tw must be my (possibly former) client's neighbor. i have worked hard to get this lady into a perfectly balanced portolio that should give her a stream of income lasting about 7 years beyond her life expectancy. her damn neighbor has gone and filled her head with some crap about only buying cd's, s&p funds, and other low yield bullshit "because it's safe" and brokers only exist to screw you out of money.
i've got her promise that she will wait 2 weeks and think this over very thoroughly - because the plan her neighbor is helping her with "for free" by my calculations, will cause her to run out of money before she is dead. but hey - at least she won't be paying a broker, right?

BTW - her portfolio is in line, so she would never pay another sales charge, by staying with me anyway - just a $30 annual fee on her $1.2 mill account. damn i'm pissed.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:05 PM   #40
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunks
I'm sick of all these short-thoughtless-off-the-cuff-response threads. The beauty of this medium is being able to take your sweet ass time to phrase things well. Why cheapen it with entire threads devoted to one-sentence-or-less responses?

img-timeline, I suppose, given those threads seem to have mostly died. This might just be belated, misdirected, and blind rage.
i know, sucks huh?
Old 07-14-2004, 12:39 AM   #41
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I agree.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:32 AM   #42
jaguar
whig

lookout - that's exactly why I would never, ever want to interact with the public on financial dealings. Once you get over 1m you can start to get into all sorts of fun stuff her neighbor wouldn't even know exist.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:05 AM   #43
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Well I've come in this morning and don't feel very well. Bit sniffly, eyes droopy. Dreamt last night that I was pregnant and had to stuff my stomach full of hard stuff via a tube to get rid of it. Really disturbing. Especially because I had unprotected sex at the weekend. Idiot. No, it's not even idiotic, it's fucking stupid, on the level of say, an amoeba. An amoeba with no body. That's how fucking stupid. I am constantly amazed at my capacity not to learn. Just want to go to bed, cannot be bothered with clients today, they're all wankers the lot of them, I don't have time in my life to pander to their inconsequential psychosis. Bah. (Sulk) Sniff. Etc.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:13 AM   #44
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
I'd like to trade the perceived speed of the first hour at work for the last hour...that first hour always goes by so fast for some reason...and that last hour moves sooo very slowly....that way I feel I get more done in that first hour at work and the wait to go home won't be so agonizing...

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:20 AM   #45
novice
Ignorance is bliss and I'm orgasmic

I've been thinking about the following for eight hours non-stop.
An ex work colleagues distant relatives friends son is in a vegetative state after a horrific accident. The mother hears I collect records and offers me her son's collection of about 400 albums for $400 Aud. I go look. There are entire sets of Zeppelin, Floyd, Deep purple, Beatles, Presley etc. It's immediately obvious this kid knew his collectibles and his mother has no clue.
I know I could easily get $500 just for the Floyd section alone so the temptation is overwhelming and to be perfectly honest it's only the thought of being discovered that's prevented me from snapping them up already.
The parents do not need the money and I no longer have to work with the facilitator of the deal.
Any thoughts.

Last edited by novice; 07-14-2004 at 08:21 AM. Reason: repeating myself
novice is offline   Reply With Quote