Old 01-11-2016, 11:33 PM   #10576
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Who is Celestia N. Ward?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
An artist he used to work with in Vegas when he was working at the MGM Grand. I don't know her personally, but his wife said she does.
She has a website that I found interesting. I was intrigued by the description of how she draws fat people without offending.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:19 PM   #10577
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
When you're really, really upset and you know no-one can help/definitely not the person in front of you, but someone bugs you to tell them anyway and eventually you think what do I have to lose? So you tell them and then they say back off like you have the plague
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Shit - that sounds rough.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2016, 12:21 PM   #10578
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Shit - that sounds rough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
I like that quote, Grav!

I had a temporary handicapped parking tag while I was having chemo, and I needed it then. Couldn't walk more than about 50 ft without having to sit down and rest. And when the handicapped spots were filled by cars without tags, and those 20-somethings dashed into the store from their illegally-parked car full of vim and vigor, their choices meant that I couldn't hobble in and get my few groceries, because I couldn't walk across the whole parking lot. (Re Rkzenrage: I sat down A LOT in the grocery store - I knew where their benches/seats were and plotted my path from rest stop to rest stop.)

My tag expired in 2013, a few months after chemo, which was appropriate. I have no sympathy for those who abuse the system, but my lack of sympathy doesn't matter. Somehow, they always get away with it.
I'd have just parked them in, I've also pulled up and touched their bumper then shoved their car out of the way. The perks of having a shit box beater.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:28 PM   #10579
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Unrealistic expectations of what life is supposed to be about...I can't stop mourning for my mom. It's been two years, on December 29, and all I can think is that I did it all wrong , that I let her down. Somehow. Is this the punishment for not having your own children? Did I screw everything up? I miss her so much every day and I don't know how to keep going forward. I do, for her, but I wonder even why sometimes.

Thanks for listening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
I'm sorry for your pain IM.
I am too.

Your finger? Not so much.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:07 PM   #10580
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

My comment wasn't intended to be remotely dismissive. I meant that it sounded like a really difficult thing to deal with.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:32 PM   #10581
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Oh absolutely, any amount of time in the ICU is going to top $100,000, and he's looking at a 2-week stay at least. On the other hand, you can be sure the park is going to pay for a good portion.
They have estimated 10 more days in ICU, then a long hospital stay followed by therapy, but he is walking a little.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:07 PM   #10582
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I am taking my father back to Ontario next weekend, to live in a retirement residence. Not a totally bad situation, in fact it'll be far better than what he has now; but not what I'd promised or anticipated.

I brought him to live with me just over two years ago after he'd been alone for 4 years, and my thought was that he'd live out his life here. But since being fired and having to start a new business 40 miles away, and being away very long hours, it's not tenable for him to continue like this. He's too frail. He doesn't cook for himself. He has weak legs due to neuropathy, and he's prone to falls; if he falls while I'm away for 12 hours, he'll just lie there.

So he has to enter assisted living, because the home care people in our county are scary and not an option. We looked at assisted living nearby, but his Canadian income doesn't stretch to cover costs with the current exchange, and he's too proud to let us help (we have no income right now and for the foreseeable future). So it's back to Ontario.

This is one more indirect consequence of those shitheads who did what they did last October. I drive past that big new building that's on my way to and from everything, it's so close to my house - the building I helped design and should have been working in now - and I have a very hard time not ill-wishing the bunch of them.

We never know how things will go in life, and I couldn't keep this promise. But it is definitely hard. My father will be alone in his new residence and city. He'll be back in Ontario but will have no health insurance for 3 months, so heaven help him if something happens within that time frame. It's a little-known fact that Ontario is absolute in its rejection of people without OHIP; they will turn away patients from the ER. There is no EMTALA there, or any comparable legislation. I hope he'll be all right for 3 months, or I'll have to spirit him back across the border for compassionate medical care.

All of which is to say that this breaking up of family is one more thing I lay at the feet of this local shithead 'health system'. It's not anything that can be compensated. Just a loss.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:46 PM   #10583
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
- and I have a very hard time not ill-wishing the bunch of them.
There is no reason not to, fuck 'em, they deserve it.

Ortho, check this out.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:15 PM   #10584
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
My comment wasn't intended to be remotely dismissive. I meant that it sounded like a really difficult thing to deal with.
Are you accusing me of being remotely dismissive? Obviously I am, because I am nowhere near close enough to be locally dismissive.

not usre if this is ref my comment, but if it is, I share your feelings. The second part was a private joke with IM and you shouldn't be eavesdropping
Old 01-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #10585
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
There is no reason not to, fuck 'em, they deserve it.

Ortho, check this out.
Thanks, Bruce.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #10586
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'm getting really grumpy again.
Everything is upsetting me, or irritating me, or offending me.
So if I don't show up for a while, it's self-censorship.

I really want to go and see Mum, but I can't.
I need answers regarding my health, my finances, my future plans, but they are a long time coming.
I want to move away from this place, but I can't.
And I want it to be warm again - so MUCH. Something I never thought I'd say.

Oh and I want a nice dinner too, because why not ask for everything while you're at it.

Sympathy isn't asked for or expected. Practical solutions even less. I see someone who can set things in motion for me tomorrow. Today I'm just down, but I'm trying to recognise the pattern. And the pattern says - do your moaning in private for now.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:53 AM   #10587
anonymous
Operations Operative

I feel ya! So many things are irritating me. I too want answers about my health (not in so dire straits as you but there are things I want to take care of/check out, and I can't) and I want my finances to make sense and I want a future that doesn't include dying of a heart attack in 3 years and good GAWD I want to move I hate where I am so much and it's falling apart piece by piece...and so am I.

And I want it to be warm again too. And damn what I would give for a nice steak dinner with a nice guy.

Right now I want a big fluffy teddy bear to cuddle and cry on. Preferably in a Johnny Depp shape.

Hang in there, Sundae.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #10588
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
I'm getting really grumpy again.
Everything is upsetting me, or irritating me, or offending me.
So if I don't show up for a while, it's self-censorship. Today I'm just down, but I'm trying to recognise the pattern. And the pattern says - do your moaning in private for now.
If it gets bad pm me.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:24 PM   #10589
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

A school friend, one of the best, who I reconnected with on Fookbace a few years ago is dying of cancer. Tonight. Tomorrow. Soon. Diagnosed at the end of October.
FUCK CANCER.
That is all.

Sent by thought transference
Old 01-28-2016, 04:28 PM   #10590
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Sorry, Limey.

Fuck cancer.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss