Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 06-16-2018, 12:01 AM   #256
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
What is your source for that?

The New York Times, The Washington Post, and even Wikipedia say that matter was settled out of court without any admission of wrongdoing by Trump.
My bad, I got his other convictions mixed up with this one. Should have said he was charged in a court of law with a giant stack of white-vs-minority applications plus witnesses as evidence, and played the rich guy card.

You can argue that shaking things up is a good thing in the long run; you can argue that the ends justify the means. But the dude's still a racist.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #257
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Didn't say he wasn't. Just didn't want to have to start calling you Clotwobble.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #258
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette now knows we must be protected from free speech. So Block made Burris an editor. Then this editor began censoring political comics from their long time political comic Rogers. These comics are too dangerous to read - according to wacko extremists Block and Burris:
Attached Images

tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #259
tw

And more:
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2018, 09:53 AM   #260
sexobon

That's nice; but, this isn't the Funny Political Pictures thread old timer. Seems like you're just trying to fill up space to bury this page as though you're playing a trump card, so to speak. That's why you can't get on Trump's list: you're too much like him.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:11 PM   #261
tw

Those pictures clearly demonstrate how extremist this American nation has gone. Moderates were once 60% of America (ie even in Congress). We are now a tiny minority. Wacko extremists (leftist and mostly extreme right) are a greatest threat not only to America. But to the economic and political forces that once made this world so safe and stable. Wackos fear those comics.

Each comic fully applies to the topic of this thread. Because wackos have so much power as to censor even them.

The president supports Nazi, White Supremacists, and KKK in North Carolina. Once that would have been despicable. Today, due to wacko extremist (also called the Tea Party), criticism of those anti-Americans is condemned. No longer widely condemned (except outside America) are those anti-Americans.

Learn from history - ie 1930 Germany.

Last edited by tw; 06-17-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #262
sexobon

tw=trump wannabe
Old 06-18-2018, 10:39 AM   #263
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
tw=trump wannabe
I need more hair.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:01 AM   #264
sexobon

Stop and smell the roses: today, June 19th, is World Sauntering Day.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #265
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

So now there's talk that Trump may make an executive order to stop the family separation at the border, despite his earlier claims that the Democrats had to make a new law to do that.

My prediction: his executive order will be deliberately unconstitutional so he can 'prove' that the judges are forcing him to do it.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #266
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

People are speaking out.

from...
Quote:
Now, in the span of about 24 hours, all four living former first ladies have added their voices to the chorus of public critique, calling the practice “immoral,” “disgraceful” and a “humanitarian crisis.”

Even the current first lady, Melania Trump, took the somewhat unusual step of issuing a statement that appeared to align somewhat with her predecessors, while also avoiding assigning partisan blame.
from...

Quote:
Hundreds of United Methodist clergy bring church charges against Jeff Sessions
from...

Quote:
In what Facebook is calling its single largest fundraiser ever, a couple from Silicon Valley raised more than $10 million to help reunite migrant families being separated at the border.

The issue has created a national firestorm about the Trump administration’s immigration policies, with many calling the separation of children from their parents at the southern U.S. border barbaric.

Nearly 2,000 children have been separated from their families over a six-week period.

When Charlotte and Dave Willner created the "Reunite an immigrant parent with their child" fundraiser on Facebook Saturday, the goal was to raise $1,500 for the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (Raices), which is the largest immigration legal service provider in Texas. The fundraiser has gone viral since then, and at one point it was raising $4,000 a minute.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:25 PM   #267
Flint
Snowflake

Trump must have hit "the wall" (pun intended) if he actually backs down from a position due to public outcry. Elections in 5 months? I don't think we'll forget "babies in cages" so soon, but hey I could still be surprised. 'Murica
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #268
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

From...

Quote:
Southern Baptists Call Off the Culture War
America’s largest Protestant group moves to cut ties with the Republican Party and reengage with mainstream culture.

“The generational shift happening in the SBC has thrust the group into the middle of an identity crisis,” says Barry Hankins, the chair of the department of history at Baylor University and co-author of Baptists in America: A History. “The younger generation thinks differently than the old-guard Christian right about culture and politics, and they are demanding change.”
The base may be eroding.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:17 PM   #269
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

About fucking time.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:26 PM   #270
sexobon

I heard that Trump wants to legally bring in boatloads of North Korean migrants with work visas, as part of his deal with the North, to compete with the illegal Mexican migrants and drive them out.

Tags
cheesecake