The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #961
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I think Terry Gross did an interview with him.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #962
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Veteran NHRA Funny Car driver Chuck Etchells passes away at 61

First funny car driver to break four seconds.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #963
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Garry Marshall, 81

This gentleman is responsible for most television in the 70s and some of it was actually good, or at least okay.

The Odd Couple, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy
and ahem Joanie Loves Chachi

He was the first person to cast Robin Williams

He was the one who decided it was plausible that Julia Roberts could be a prostitute who could fall in love etc. in Pretty Woman.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:16 AM   #964
Griff
still says videotape

RIP
Old 07-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #965
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I was surprised to learn that Garry Marshall was worth 'only' $80 million.

What with his resume, and all, I was expecting more, I guess. It was the early 70's and 80's though.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #966
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Miss Cleo died on the 26th, from cancer. Man, late night used to be just plastered with her Jamaican-accented ads for 1-800 and 1-900 numbers for free psychic readings.

She was 53.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:30 PM   #967
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

And Jack Davis of MAD magazine.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:09 PM   #968
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Say it aint Soah

http://6abc.com/family/philadelphia-...ge-90/1463028/
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:00 AM   #969
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
The 80s music and movies were truly bizarre. Way too much coke green lighted a lot of stuff that never would have made it off the cocktail napkin today.
Now that there's an all-80s music video channel on the Roku, we get to play "name that sexist/racist stereotype & trope bingo". Anything by Motley Crue before "Kickstart My Heart" will usually get you to about 80% of a bingo, and if that doesn't work they do have "Thriller", "Smooth Criminal", and even Cameo's "Word Up" featuring a VERY young Levar Burton. One thing I noticed that I didn't back then is in the video for "She Bop" by Cyndi Lauper. I'd straight-up forgotten Alice Cooper's in the damn thing, but that's not what I noticed.

...Is that ADAM BALDWIN whose motorcycle sidecar she occupies??? Cuz it REALLY looks like a super-young Adam Baldwin. Someone please find this out!!! (if I wasn't leaving town on an unexpected trip to say goodbye to a friend short on time, I'd look it up myself...)
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #970
John Sellers
Banned

I forgot about this thread. Maybe this is where I shoulda put the link about Kenny Baker, instead of starting a new thread in CE.
John Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:58 PM   #971
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

It's OK, John, either way works.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #972
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Old 08-14-2016, 06:12 PM   #973
John Sellers
Banned

Good one, 3 feet.
John Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:04 AM   #974
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
Now that there's an all-80s music video channel on the Roku, we get to play "name that sexist/racist stereotype & trope bingo". Anything by Motley Crue before "Kickstart My Heart" will usually get you to about 80% of a bingo, and if that doesn't work they do have "Thriller", "Smooth Criminal", and even Cameo's "Word Up" featuring a VERY young Levar Burton. One thing I noticed that I didn't back then is in the video for "She Bop" by Cyndi Lauper. I'd straight-up forgotten Alice Cooper's in the damn thing, but that's not what I noticed.

...Is that ADAM BALDWIN whose motorcycle sidecar she occupies??? Cuz it REALLY looks like a super-young Adam Baldwin. Someone please find this out!!! (if I wasn't leaving town on an unexpected trip to say goodbye to a friend short on time, I'd look it up myself...)
Name that channel!

Pretty please.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:47 AM   #975
Snakeadelic
Banned

BigV, it's called Flashback 80s. Order is random and commercials are short but frequent. If you get stuck in a bunch of videos you don't like, back out to the main channels page and re-select it; you'll restart with a different video.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bought the farm, dead not loved, famous corpses, karked it, kicked the bucket, pining for the fjords, pushing up the daisies, roadkill, sleeps with the fishes, taking a dirt nap, the dead zone, worm food