The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 09-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Lola's foodblog

I'll play. I'm hoping not only to participate for Libby but also to shame myself into eating better. Yesterday was a busy day otherwise I would've eaten more.

Sept. 29, 2012

In the morning, I ate sushi. In the picture, the plate of white rice belongs to my niece. The plate with nori was both for my sister and me. Yeah, wasn't much food. I drank a cup of osmanthus oolong tea. Lunch, I had a Vietnamese sandwich. It's about 7,8 inches long. It's cut diagonally so the left side sticks out and makes it look longer than it really is. Inside is shredded chicken, sliced cucumbers, sliced jalapeno, pickled carrots and jicama, Vietnamese mayo sauce and a dash of soy sauce. My sister adds that it's a Vietnamese secret mayo sauce that's equilvalent to McD's Big Mac sauce. For dinner, I had a hot and spicy chicken sandwich from McD's and a medium size banana.
Attached Images

Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Sept. 30, 2012

I ate half a dinner roll so I wouldn't have uler problems before making pancakes. Afterwards I only had 1/8 slice of an 8" pancake with 2 tsp. of syrup on the side because I was tired after everything was done. Had a slice and had to clean up. (Yes, I know the other one is kinda burnt looking, hihi.)
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Ate at 2PM...

1/2 cup of rice with sautee bell peppers, mushrooms, tofu, and some imitation meat thingy (don't know what it is) and some fried eggs

1/3 cup of rice with Thai sour soup, which I had to add some lemon juice in because it wasn't sour enough for me. I normally would also add spoonfuls of hot sauce, but I've been getting heartburn so no extra spicy food for me for a while.

one cream puff, 3 pieces of green tea mooncake

2 cups of hot tea
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
can I come live with you?
Old 09-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Damn. Now I'm hungry.

Again.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Why? The food isn't that great. I usually eat plain pancakes so I didn't think of buying anything to go with the "souffle pancakes" as the recipe is called. Told my sister the next time I'm making "pizza" pancakes, piling on whip cream, strawberries, blueberries, or bananas and have the banana maple syrup ready. Or pile on the pancakes with sausages, bacon, and eggs. She gave me a face and said, "no more gianenormous pancakes." At least if you live here Foot, I could have fun making those pancakes and have someone eat them too.

Okay, 5:00 PM....had Lay's chips.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

At the Full Moon Festival around 8:00 PMish...shared the food with my sister. I ate one eggroll, two pate bread, one steam bun sandwich with a slice of vegetarian ham, two cream puffs, some fruits, and a small cup of soda.

Around 10:30PMish, four slices of moon cake of the four flavors: lotus paste, mung bean paste, green tea with mung bean and salted egg (picture above), and durian paste. Also two pieces of dark chocolate and some tea.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

October 1, 2012

8:00 AM Crust of a french bread roll, half with vienna sausage, half with butter.

9:00 AM Quarter of the leftover gianenormous with two slices of turkey spam. Iced coffee with a tsp of raw sugar.

11:30 AM A quarter piece of durian mung bean moon cake and a cup of osmanthus oolong tea.

(It's Full Moon or Mid-Autumn Festival season, so we have lots of moon cakes. )
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

12:30 PM Two cups of lemonade
Old 10-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
Ibby
erika

Goddamn. I miss 中秋節 something fierce. jealous of your moon cakes.
except the durian moon cakes. cat-piss-smellin' spiky-ass snot-textured things, i don't know how you do it.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
Goddamn. I miss 中秋節 something fierce. jealous of your moon cakes.
except the durian moon cakes. cat-piss-smellin' spiky-ass snot-textured things, i don't know how you do it.
Haha...I would be so offended if I haven't heard worse descriptions of the durian smell. You know what people say about durian, either you love it or hate it. Fortunately for me, I have a dull sense of smell so I can tolerate lots of foul smelling food. I don't know about where you live, but most Chinatown should sell moon cakes. Pity you don't live nearby. I have 5 boxes of moon cakes lying right here, mostly lotus paste flavor. I would be more than happy to give you a box or two. (We already finished the mixed nuts moon cakes.) I'll be gaining a few or 10 lbs. after eating all these moon cakes.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #12
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
I don't know about where you live, but most Chinatown should sell moon cakes.
Burlington, VT (pop. 42,417) doesn't have much of a Chinatown, i'm afraid. There's a Thai market on my street and a Vietnamese one up the block, but that's about it.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

And the Vietnamese store doesn't carry any moon cakes? I guess there's not much of an Asian population there. Pity. You should move to Houston. In Chinatown even the street names are in Chinese.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #14
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

3:00 PMish Ate two slices of leftover pizza found in the freezer.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

5:00PMish Had the last half slice of the leftover pizza from the freezer and 1/2 cup of juice that a sister of mine made. She told me what it was but I forgot what's in there. Almond milk, cherry, and something and maybe something else. She's a smoothie nut.
Attached Images