The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-22-2019, 07:15 AM   #31
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
He needed it edited by public relations firm?
People were calling for his murder, and the jobs of his family and of every family in sight on the basis of a single frame, so YES, for fucks sake, he needed protection against people like yourself.

STILL looking for ANY WAY to tar and feather! STILL! I know YOU can't learn, but will everyone else?

STOP DOING THIS SHIT, YOU'RE KILLING US!

Honest source: The Atlantic: I Failed the Covington Catholic Test
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:19 AM   #32
Griff
still says videotape

That's a solid piece. I know I assumed too much when I saw the MAGA hat.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #33
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Next time a story like this surfaces, I’ll try to sit it out until more facts have emerged.
Wait it out and usually it becomes yesterdays news rather than developing like this did. Like seeing someone kick a puppy, react now or forget it.

People suck, life sucks, I suck.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:47 AM   #34
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
STILL looking for ANY WAY to tar and feather! STILL! I know YOU can't learn, but will everyone else?
If honest (a moderate), then he never needed a PR firm. PR clearly did not protect him. If he needed protection, then he did not publish his name. Please do not continue promoting that bogus lie. Extremists do not need protection from moderates. Moderates need protection from extremists; the adults who are still emotional children.

Accurately noted were many dics promoting confusion and extremist agendas. Honest facts are hard to come by. But this is obviously bogus. They needed permission from their chaperons to chant school slogans? Total bull - classic spin - bad fiction invented by a PR firm. Reeks of spin (lies) so commonly found in Fox News and Russian hackers.

Extremists who can be manipulated by obvious lies such as Saddam's WMDs are a threat to moderates. Only extremists advocated and got useless deaths of 5000 American servicemen for no purpose. Extremists are always that dangerous. Extremists will not even apologize for those deaths and thousands more who are permanently maimed - for no purpose.

He went to PR people to carefully promote an extremist agenda. If honest, he did not need professional spin doctors or Russian hackers to rewrite his testimony. Credibility is seriously missing.

Extremism is why demonstrations turn confrontational. And why priming the extremist pump result in so many informative gems such as 'wreck shit'.

This confrontation demonstrate what Trump has promoted to advance himself. Physical confrontation is now encouraged even resulting in revival of the KKK, Nazis, and White Supremacists. The real point of this news story and what underlies the Atlantic piece.

Prime the pump so that extremist rhetoric (and the resulting entertainment) exposes its real self. Bring back David Duke and Joseph McCarthy to learn from history. He did not need PR spin doctors to protect himself. That spin only further clouds the event. But makes the actual problem just more obvious.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:34 AM   #35
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

He's literally a child, Tom.

All these decades spent spitting venom about figurative children, and now you're going after an actual, literal child because he had an adult craft and deliver his defense.

Have you no sense of decency?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:12 PM   #36
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
If our country is going to survive, we all need to pull back from our shit when we're wrong. That is what a "moderate" will do.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:15 PM   #37
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Well, first one has to understand and admit one is wrong.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:24 PM   #38
Griff
still says videotape

I hear the NA gentleman is going to the school. Folks could actually end up learning something

For the record:
I was wrong.
I'm worse at social media than I thought.
Free speech happened.
It didn't get physical.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #39
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

"One" didn't refer to you, btw. Just ppl in general.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #40
Griff
still says videotape

Yeah, I didn't think so but I also hadn't explicitly said I fucked up starting this thread.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:35 PM   #41
Flint
Snowflake

All of us were wrong, and continue to be wrong.

Watch the video and determine for yourself what's happening. Don't read any articles, don't read any quotes, don't read any hot takes, corrections, correction-corrections, or correction-correction criticisms.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #42
glatt

The video only shows what it shows.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:21 PM   #43
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
He's literally a child, Tom.

All these decades spent spitting venom about figurative children, and now you're going after an actual, literal child because he had an adult craft and deliver his defense.

Have you no sense of decency?
Those kids are Catholics. Tw is terrified of Catholics; because, you know, they'd be inclined to perform an exorcism on him.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:58 PM   #44
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Britain's esteemed Daily Mail is still on the case.

They showed a brief video of the same boys, same day, catcalling a group of girls walking by, and one of the girls caught video the very end of it.
The girls didn't seem terribly angry and one yelled back, how old are you.
C'mon they're high school kids, I don't want to hear about toxic masculinity or toxic feminism.

Then there was this...
Quote:
PICTURED: Kentucky students from the same Catholic high school as the teens who taunted a Native American man were allowed to don BLACKFACE at their sports events - and openly goaded African American players

Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Kentucky, allowed students over the last 10 years to wear black face to pep rallies
Footage of the incidents appeared online on Monday where they are seen in 2015 with blackface and white painted smiles
In one shocking image, they openly goad a black player from an opposing team
Name:  covington.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  70.0 KB

Yelling and taunting opposing teams in High School is not good sportsmanship or unusual.
No reason to assume it's because the kid was black, he's from another school, he is the enemy.

The kids painted black is a little bit more concern, I wonder what the school colors are.
Some Eagles fans paint themselves green, I've seen Packers fans in green, white and yellow.
So it could be that. I don't know

Nope, blue and white, nevermind.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 01-22-2019 at 10:04 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #45
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Heavens to Murgatroyd! Exit, stage left.

Quote:
Washington Post Issues Key Correction: Native Elder Nathan Phillips Did Not Serve in Vietnam

… Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips served in the U.S. Marines from 1972 to 1976 but was never deployed to Vietnam.

During an interview with CNN, Phillips said he was a “Vietnam-times veteran,” with the accompanying chyron misquoting him as saying “I am a Vietnam veteran…”
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote