The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #1
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

May I have this dance?

They are playing ______________[song] at ______________[venue]

I ask _______________[dweller] to dance with me. they say______[yes/no].

__________[etc]

It's kind of like mad libs, but you have to do more work.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:00 AM   #2
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

They're playing the Bunny Hop at the Playboy Club. I ask Lola Bunny to dance with me. She says: Ehhhhhhhhh, OK doc. Others join in as Lola leads the line around the dance floor and over to the bar where carrot juice cocktails are waiting for everyone.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:06 AM   #3
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

They're playing Amarillo By Morning at the Midnight Rodeo in San Antone. I ask Clodfobble if she'd like to Two Time Step with me. She says: I've never danced with a hobo before; but, there's a first time for everything. She doesn't know I've bribed the DJ to play a personal selection right after the slow dance; so, we'll be doing the Locomotion until the Last Call For Alcohol us do part.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:55 AM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

They're playing Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harem and I ask xoxoxobruce to dance. He says: Sure, Brianna O' my Heart.

We dance thru that amazing song and then start to really boogie when Hot Child in the City starts up, but Sundae comes flouncing in right then and steals bruce away. I'm left on the dance floor alone as bruce succumbs to Sundae's seduction, but across the room I spot...

Undertoad!

I go up to him and start whining about the fickleness of men, the bitterness of love and the general slouching towards Gomorrah our country is engaged in.

UT drains his beer, slams his mug on the table, looks me dead in the eye and says: I've decided to go rogue. Join me.

UT and I embark on a nation-wide spree of shoplifting and petty cons (mostly elderly homeowners).

After we're caught and incarcerated, I write a book about our adventures titled The Toad and Me.

It wins a Pulitzer. After I'm released I go on a worldwide book tour. UT becomes a sought-after guest on afternoon talk shows and though we both tell our sordid tale of life on the grifter road, we never divulge what truly happened between us.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Picture this: It's 1978, they are playing Disco Inferno at Studio 54.
I ask ZenGum to dance with me. He says "DY-NO-MITE, Foxy Mama. Let's trip the light fantastic."

Sadly, he was not in the groove. He was so far away from the groove he stepped on my Halston dress. His boogie was bogus. He fell off his platform shoes and tore his shiny leisure suit.

So I went home with the DJ, who knew how to shake his groove thing.

Last I heard, Zen had turned to Trucker Songs and drove down the highway in a big rig, talking on his CB saying things like "breaker one nine, this here's Zengum, you got a copy on me? I think we got ourselves a CONVOY" and "10-4 Rubber Duck, I'm about to put the hammer down."
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote