The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-27-2016, 11:33 AM   #10726
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
just taking a damn break

tuneup on the car today, I'll send pictures of the second plug removal ordeal. oil out and in, new filter on no parts left over yet. but stuck at the plugs/wires/cap routine. the ones that came out were the four electrode variety, the ones I have are old school one electrode kind. I can't find any of the three or four spark club gap measuring tools I own.... fuck. I'm just gonna put them in straight out of the box. they come with a little cardboard protector, so they've never been jostled against the electrode.

I'm ... man. taking them out was scary. very very tight very screechy thought for sure I was just wrecking it.... apparently not. air cleaner in, remains of melted grill in front of mass air sensor broken away and removed. not gonna do the fuel filter today. maybe tomorrow. also not gonna do the power steering rigid hose replacement I have, nor the gearshift selector doodad. I have a few inches of play in the stickshift, and the piece of the linkage that moves some fork around is very worn, I have the new one, but not on this trip.

I miss my jackstands and my floor jack. made good use of some used ramps, but driving up them is a test of my faith. my car's low enough that the lower part of the plastic bodywork fouls on the ramp while the front edge of the ramp is still several inches from the tire. I just rammed the ramps toward the tires, got in the car and tried to gently drive up. nope. too wet. spinning on the steel... not good. so now my only option is to run up them. but only up them and GOD FORBID NOT OVER THEM. I put a board in front of the car where I imagined I'd wind up when in the little wells for the tires. It worked the thirtieth time, give or take. Lots of room down there, that was nice.

I also miss my creeper. laying on the oilstain, ugh. anyhow, I'm mostly thawed, gonna get back to those plugs.
You're DIY enough to buy a set of casters and attach them to a couple of sheets of 3/4" plywood, it'd be well skookum. Then staple gun an ensolite camping pad to it and Bob's your uncle..
Old 11-27-2016, 02:19 PM   #10727
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

People...you're all pissing me off today.

Nah...not exactly. I'm a political animal...it's part of my job description now. But I'm tired of the hashing and re-hashing and conspiracy theories. There's more to life than politics. Like smoking crack...or sleeping...or other cool things.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #10728
elSicomoro

Also, I'm tired of people lecturing. I think people mean well...I know I try to give people knowledge and let them follow their own adventure. But sometimes...Goddamn, we are so full of ourselves...and shit, too.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:49 PM   #10729
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

A 60 year old friend, lost his 38 year old daughter to a stroke.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:44 PM   #10730
glatt

Horrible.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:13 PM   #10731
monster
I hear them call the tide

Old 11-30-2016, 09:47 PM   #10732
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Oh no. That's so sad.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:33 AM   #10733
Griff
still says videotape

Damn...
Old 12-01-2016, 07:01 AM   #10734
elSicomoro

I'm sorry, Bruce.

Last night, someone I went to high school with passed. I was not friends with her during HS...we just went in different circles. I last saw her in 2010, when my fellow classmates held a fundraiser for her. She was fighting one of the most insidious forms of cancer--pancreatic. She had a great attitude and kicked that cancer's ass. Unfortunately, it decided it wasn't done with her.

I can say with no hesitation that Sanela is one of the toughest people I have ever met. She is leaving a wonderful family and many friends behind...rest in peace...

Fuck. Cancer.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:47 AM   #10735
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Bruce, how awful for your friend. No parent should ever have to attend the funeral of their own child.

Syc - I agree. Fuck. Cancer.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:25 AM   #10736
fargon

Fuck Cancer
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:32 AM   #10737
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Damn... A HS classmate of mine lost her husband last week - another classmate of ours. :'(
Old 12-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #10738
Snakeadelic
Banned

Went to the dentist yesterday, as the nasty antibiotics have failed. Today I get to go to a consult and will probably have to schedule surgical extraction, because the remaining pocket of infection from the double in-the-bone abscesses I woke up to on Black Friday (the day before my birthday!) is hiding under a root canal post. It's gotta get pulled.

Also, I am awaiting the usual 'how'd we do' survey from my Black Friday emergency room visit at the local hospital. There are a couple of things p*ssing me off about that:
1. If you are an osteopath, or any other type of medical provider that BY DEFINITION does not believe in the use of prescription drugs (I looked this **** up), you should NOT be the only doc on duty in the only ER in the county on a major holiday weekend.
2. I know you MUST have an in-state medical license to practice in this state, and this has been confirmed by more than one other medical practitioner since then. That being the case, I'm a little perturbed that the state's database of all licensed professionals--plumbers, accountants, physicians, therapists of all kinds, EVERYTHING--has never heard of this doctor. All online info about him lists him as having an OREGON license, and they aren't reciprocal!
3. For the love of whatever you hold holy, when someone comes dragging in literally crying from the double hotspots of burning, throbbing, stabbing pain in their mouth, DO NOT (SEVERELY UNLADYLIKE WORDS HERE) FREAK OUT AT THEM when they ask for help with pain and specifically state that their normal pain meds aren't touching this issue. Seriously, he yelled at me! Said he wasn't going to touch anything dental and would lose his license if he gave me pain meds. I started crying, my neighbor (who does the driving) started begging on my behalf instead of straight-up punching this idiot, and eventually said idiot declared he'd call my MD but I wasn't to expect any help with pain. Then he never came back to the exam room, instead sending the nurse with a 'scrip. No antibiotics, just a total of 6 pills of a pain med almost exactly the same as the one I already take--guess my doctor told him I'm not to be treated like a drug-seeking addict! I had to wait for Monday to get an antibiotic prescribed by my dentist, and since I have a pain contract with my MD I called his office that Monday morning to schedule the required followup to any ER visit. By the time I saw him Friday morning, the antibiotic prescribed by the dentist (Cephalexin) had failed. MD put me on Clindamycin, which I finished as instructed, and which is the one that has now failed.

So today I get checked out for an UGLY surgical extraction. Tomorrow I'm supposed to do physical therapy, which I won't know if I have to cancel until probably almost too late to call the PT office--if the extraction can be done today, they definitely won't want me jacking my pulse rate with 15 minutes of walking at 3 mph in chin-deep water! Odds are, because there's a root canal post that'll have to come out, they're going to have to schedule me for a full-on knock-my-butt-out surgery...otherwise I'd have to skip my breakfast and 2 doses of most of my meds because today's appointment isn't until 4 PM!!! Then I think Friday I see my MD again...he's gonna be surprised.

I really (unladylike word) HATE having bad teeth. And it's not all about dental hygiene. My mom has GREAT oral care habits and exactly 0 remaining intact original teeth. I'm glad I didn't get her vision in the bargain too! By my age she was on her like 3rd trifocal 'scrip, where I just got my first pair of bifocals last year.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:15 AM   #10739
glatt

I don't know how you keep it all straight.

I hope today's appointment goes well (I don't even know what "well" would mean.) and you can get this infection taken care of quickly.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:36 AM   #10740
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Well, I think we can start with appropriate pain medication.

Tags
swiss