The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 11-12-2009, 02:41 AM   #16
Mystic Rythm
Banned

Where do they sell roasted "Pink Unicorn":p
Mystic Rythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:46 AM   #17
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Both have a penchant for virgins?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:37 AM   #18
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

One can see both while tripping on acid?
Old 11-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #19
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular.joe View Post
I'm not sure what your point is through all of this yet, I think your brain is bigger than mine. Would you break it down Barney style for me?
I love you
You love me
it's a conspir'cy
the-or-y
put a foil hat on your head
dig a bomb shelter
get yourself an R-P-G.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #20
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
Pink unicorns are real
as real as god is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
One can see both while tripping on acid?
thats about the best answer anyone could possibly give.

Quote:
I can tell you what I think about the other two parts, but I really have no experience with theology or banking. It certainly sounds interesting.

I'm not sure what your point is through all of this yet, I think your brain is bigger than mine. Would you break it down Barney style for me?
my objective is to get humans to stop pointing at other humans as if they're another species.

humans have a hard time grasping what their own nature is.
your nature is not that of a loving, kind, gentle species.
thats called conditioning, its the result of powers, controlling the masses.
human nature is of war, murder, theft and rape.
even with the man made penalties for some of these natural actions of ours, we continue to do them at record breaking rates.
not a point in our recorded history shows us doing otherwise.
the nature of a species can be determined by observing the actions of a species through-out years of observation.
after observing our kind, it is safe to say, without doubt, that all the above, are human nature, wether you like it or not.

humans tends to create a seperation, between themselves and the rest of humanity, wether it be a religious seperation, or a race seperation, or even a seperation of nations.
imo, this is so wrong..... a christian would say that the people that are doing these actions are all going to hell while the rest of us are going to heaven, or they're black and we're white, or their anti-american and we're american.
regardless of what side of these seperations you're on, you're missing the point.
you are human, what you lack, is the true reality of what that means.

if there is something devine about us, it is not this temporary vessel we're in.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #21
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
if there is something devine about us, it is not this temporary vessel we're in.
Agreed. And that is a big IF there is something divine about us.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #22
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.HI.P View Post
humans have a hard time grasping what their own nature is. your nature is not that of a loving, kind, gentle species.
thats called conditioning, its the result of powers, controlling the masses.
human nature is of war, murder, theft and rape.
The good and the bad go together, but mostly humans are good. Look around you. Seriously. Right now. Look around the room. Everything in your sight was built by another human being. They cooperated with you, or they cooperated with someone who cooperated with you, so you could have all this stuff. You have a roof over your head, and you didn't built it. Don't tell me that humans suck. You owe your entire lifestyle to the kindness of strangers. Who grew your food? Who wove the cloth in your clothes? Who built your house? Other humans.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #23
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
The good and the bad go together, but mostly humans are good.
there is no good and bad.
your perception of good is actually bad in anothers perception.
most people in ignorance would assume that reproducing is good and murder is bad.
in this day and age, its quite the opposite way around.
reproducing this species when we've already surpassed the 7 billion mark would be a bad thing.
murder on the other hand, given our numbers and actions, is a blessing.

Quote:
Look around you. Seriously. Right now. Look around the room. Everything in your sight was built by another human being. They cooperated with you, or they cooperated with someone who cooperated with you, so you could have all this stuff. You have a roof over your head, and you didn't built it. Don't tell me that humans suck. You owe your entire lifestyle to the kindness of strangers. Who grew your food? Who wove the cloth in your clothes? Who built your house? Other humans.
these things you mention are our crimes.
serving humanity at the expense of all other life.

what action of ours has benefited anything on this planet, other than ourselves.
what is it that were doing exactly that would place us, in our minds, superior to any other life form... certainly not our actions.

other than the theories of jesus and pink unicorns, which are simply imaginary retardations of our mind, we hold no purpose here, other than the selfish destruction of all that is around us, without an glimmer or respect for anything.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #24
glatt

Quote:
these things you mention are our crimes.
serving humanity at the expense of all other life.
I though you were talking about human nature towards one another. You were talking about war and crime and shit like that. Not pollution.

But even so, we don't live at the expense of every life form. There are billions and billions of life forms on this planet that owe their very existence to humans. Start with the bacteria in your gut and work your way up through the cockroaches and rat and pets and livestock.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #25
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

ok - wtf? now I'm really depressed. . . sulks away.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #26
W.HI.P
Free

i was talking about human nature.
this planet may be crude by nature, but we take the cake.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #27
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
what bothers me the most is that there are people who will take anything as gospel truth.

substitute the words god and jesus with 'pink unicorn', and you'll see how many people in this world a truly insane.

what is the difference between god and the pink unicorn ?
so the man tells the people, and then the pink unicorn said unto me 'yada yada yada'.
who is more insane?
the person talking, or the people listening, believing, and teaching their children what the pink unicorn said through this man?

the real funny thing, is that the people in power today, are still speaking of pink unicorns.... and you're voting for them.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #28
regular.joe
Старый сержант

Since the pink unicorn doesn't exist, it really doesn't matter. How could we possibly commit crimes against anything, everything is the result of random mutation, one mutation has more of an advantage over another. There isn't even anything like free will involved, just the illusion. A chemical oddity of our brain matter. Even the guy teaching about the unicorn has no real choice in the matter, he's just part of the fabric.

If this is all true, then why should I be upset about the natural course of things?

Am I missing the point?

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #29
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
Since the pink unicorn doesn't exist, it really doesn't matter. How could we possibly commit crimes against anything, everything is the result of random mutation, one mutation has more of an advantage over another. There isn't even anything like free will involved, just the illusion. A chemical oddity of our brain matter. Even the guy teaching about the unicorn has no real choice in the matter, he's just part of the fabric.
the guy teaching about the pink unicorn is insane, as are the people believing what the crazy person said.
today, the man would be institutionalized.
of course, back then, people were more gullible.... so why do people still follow these crazy people from thousands of years ago?
Quote:
If this is all true, then why should I be upset about the natural course of things?
no one is telling you to be upset... you can remain content with what you are.
Quote:
Am I missing the point?
i don't think so, the point is about self realization.
its about our species taking a good look in the mirror.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #30
regular.joe
Старый сержант

Thanks for the permission for me to be content with what I am. I appreciate that.

The guy teaching about God, or the Pink Unicorn is insane by whose standard? It really is a matter of perspective and belief, and perspective. Insanity is not a clear view of reality, or a view of something that isn't real. If I believe in God and you don't; you think I'm insane for believing in something that doesn't exist, and I think you are insane for not having a clear view of reality. We are not going to convince each other other wise.

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote