monster
I hear them call the tide

oh, that sounds dodgy, sorry jaydaan
Old 07-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #5688
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
Thanks LJ. I've used stabilizers over the winter, just not that brand.
I'll try it, but I'm a little leary of anything with B&S on it.
I was just recommending a stabilizer in general. It seemed to me like your symptoms indicated that you hadn't used one. I use Sta-bil, I just saw the B&E link first.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:30 AM   #5689
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydaan View Post
I just found out that one of the companies I was hoping to go through for our business, is no longer there/never was, or something like that. I placed a very large order ($982.00) a month ago, and about 10 days ago started to get very worried when I was still not given a tracking number, and my order was still not here. I have contacted Western Union, and the buggers have taken my money, but will not answer any emails sent to them. I have threatened contacting the police, but I doubt I will get anywhere.
My hubby just got laid off, so having $1000 go missing freaking hurts! Money or product... either way I would have been happy. Not only is it $1000 of my money, I had sold a few of the items and now owe the people product, or money as well. That was how I had $1000 to spend in the first place. BAH.
So now I have to contact the fraud department of Western Union, who by the way states its my fault, because they say in fine print not to send money to anyone that you don't know personally. I also have a guy in China threaten them in Chinese, and after he did, the website went away completely! So now I have to contact the Chinese/Canadian consollate (sp) and cross my fingers someone can help us get the products or our money back.
We just managed to extricate my MIL from a similar scam. I'm very sorry you got taken.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #5690
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Ugghh that totally sucks Jaydaan. Hope that someone can help.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #5691
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

So sorry to hear that Jaydaan

Mine is small beer in that case - I've coloured my hair and I don't like it.
I wanted a strawberry blonde or copper effect. It's the colour of biscuits. It's just so odd.
Am going to sleep on it. Then bleach it.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #5692
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

That totally sucks, move on and cut your losses. You will never see that money again.

Western Union is ONLY for sending money to someone you know personally. Ever.

As you probably discovered, even though you send the $ to New York for example, the person you are sending it to can pick it up in San Diego.

That shit makes ebay and pay pal seem like fort knox.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #5693
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Got a letter from the Benefits Office today.
I am no longer eligible for my benefit. This follows a medical review dated 25.05.10.
Which means I was not elegible from 26.05.10.

Not only does this mean the payment due this Monday (19.07.10) will not be paid into my bank account - which I was reasonably relying on to pay my commitments - but that I actually owe the Govt money. Talk about a shock. I cried for hours, called the office, asked about a "crisis loan", went to the Job Centre (still crying).

I have £49 instead of £180. Which is to be repaid.
My two debt payments due out on Monday are not taken into consideration - I do understand why, but if I don't pay I would be penalised for not meeting the agreed payment schedule. The money they have given me (for food and essential living costs) does cover that, but it means I have no money to buy things like cat litter, packed lunches for school, my share of household goods (I buy whatever is needed every fortnight) etc etc.

I know it's technically a handout.
But when you rely on it and plan for it, to have it suddenly not appear with less than a weeks notice is pretty bloody hard. Thank goodness I live with the 'rents - although I'm scared stiff about telling them.

So it looks like back to work if I can find it and no more volunteering for me. And less chance of my ideal job. I think perhaps my best hope is to try and find a part time job with children and fall back on my parents' mercy re not having any money for as long as they live here. Once they sell this house I'll be up shit creek, but no point borrowing trouble - especially in this market.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #5694
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Oh, Sundae - I am so sorry. What a true and horrible shock - no notice and no way to appeal this decision?

oh, honey.

I feel shocked for you....
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #5695
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

That sucks, girl. I'm so sorry.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #5696
Nirvana
Back in 10

SG that so sucks! Just when you think its all going well life hands you one on a plate! Pick yourself up dust yourself off and keep in mind tomorrow has to be better than today. At least you have parents to help you.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #5697
glatt

SG, I'm sorry. Seems very unfair to me. They should be giving you more notice than that.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #5698
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Got a letter from the Benefits Office today. I am no longer eligible for my benefit. This follows a medical review dated 25.05.10. Which means I was not elegible from 26.05.10.
Why did it take them so long to notify you? That seems very unusual. I get notices months in advance regarding that type of thing.

Still sucks, they should have given you much more warning. Nothing like a little time to plan accordingly.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #5699
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Short notice is one thing, but telling you you have to give back the money they accidentally gave you a month ago and more? That's ballsy. Sorry SG.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #5700
monster
I hear them call the tide

Didn't they tell you at the medical review that you were no longer going to be eligable?

Tags
swiss