The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 06-30-2007, 01:57 AM   #226
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Except it's bullshit.
We hold these truths to be self evident, doesn't create anything, it recognizes them to always exist... for everyone.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:54 AM   #227
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Except it's bullshit.
We hold these truths to be self evident, doesn't create anything, it recognizes them to always exist... for everyone.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:18 AM   #228
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

moderate yourselves. restrict the argument to the thread it is contained in.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:17 AM   #229
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
I don't think it was ever in the right thread. This is philosophy.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:07 AM   #230
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
Then restrict the bullshit to the thread where it lies.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #231
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
This is an attack on the very foundation of knowledge. they would rather be able to define any conclusion they present as truth. A Wolf in Science's clothing if you will. After Science has been eviscerated. They'll trade on the memory of science's reputation for articulating objective truth. But it will be all hollow inside, filled only with lies.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:28 PM   #232
Flint
Snowflake

Right on. I love the Hall of Fame thread. We should publish a "coffee table" book of quotations.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:43 PM   #233
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Right on. I love the Hall of Fame thread. We should publish a "coffee table" book of quotations.
Put them on a shirt.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:08 PM   #234
Flint
Snowflake

@Spexx: Someone has done a Zazzle shirt, of Cellar Taglines... hint hint

Now, for more BigV. Speaking on behalf of the anti-Bush "fanboys" (from Bush invalidates Fifth Ammendment by Executive Order) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Frankly, I see this as doing the bad guy's work for them.

What are we at war *for* anyway? I know we're *against* terrorism (don't get me started on the semantic stupidity of being at war with tactic). But, I guess, we're at war *for* the United States of America, wouldn't you agree?

For me, the USA is not merely territory; indeed, we're in no danger of losing any territory in this war. It is not just people, because the USA was here before me and all of you were around, and will be here after we're all gone, so it be can't just people. As well as I can articulate it, the USA is territory, and people and a million other things, held together by our system of government. Literally, without our government, there would be no USA. And our government, that government of the people, by the people and for the people, hangs together because of our mutual respect for our laws.

Without our laws, there would be no government, there would be no USA.

And *THAT* is why I'm incandescent with anger at the actions of the Bush administration. This particular action is a poster child for what's wrong. It tears down the very stones that make the foundation of our country. If you love the USA, you must hate actions like this. This *is* the destruction of our country.

It is far less dramatic than a plane flying into a building, but it is far more insidious. We lost lives and property on September 11, 2001. That was certainly sad and tragic; it was shocking to see foreign invaders attack us. On July 17, 2007 we lost a part of the Constitution, the definition of our country. This was a hundred times more sad and tragic, shocking and disgraceful because it was done by the very person in charge of upholding the Constitution, **SWORN** to defend it from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I won't pretend to know what's inside Bush's head. I'll grant myself the small comfort of faith in human nature, and forgo the question of his motives. I'll believe that he believes his motivations are good. But I am dead set against his methods. I've remarked elsewhere on the Bush Administration's famous effectiveness, but preventing the bad guys from destroying America by destroying it himself is the wrong thing to do, even if he's doing it brilliantly.

Last edited by Flint; 07-24-2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: link added to text
Old 07-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #235
Flint
Snowflake

From here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Don't try to Alpha cellarite my a**.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #236
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

when a goodie goodie cusses, it's ALWAYS comedy gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Well then UT, that is a complete piece of shit your have just splayed all over the Cellar. Fuck the facts as posted. I colorfully and vehemently disagree with that crap posted with the rancid integrity of a twat. Mortifying is posting such material; for reaching into a cesspool of wanker logic with pissant credibility. The post is clearly based in scum rationalization that can only be achieved using fuck faced inchoherence. Reasoning so putrid as to question why anyone would want to post that masterbation. Conclusions so groudless as to drive even drive off the homeless.

Damnation to any post that would pontificate excrement only found in swine pens. A decent person could never accept such reasoning even if using a asshole for sexual gratification.

Of course none of this reflects in any way on the character of UT - obviously. It simply addresses the merits of his post.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:57 AM   #237
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

In answer to the question Why did you come to the Cellar? This fabulous description, from JuancoRocks, which I think sums up the Cellar better than anything else I've read in a long time.

Quote:
Originally a link to Image of the day and then started reading the witty comments....Read around and found mostly civil commentary, interesting reading, on a large range of subjects.....Then found Quality images and was really impressed...Lurked a bit....Then found something that needed commentary......Joined....Then found out not all is civil.....
There are nice people, funny people, educated people, bullies and braggarts, smart and dumb, some without a clue, some just like the old dog that gets yelled at (Any attention is better than none at all) a real carnival with carnies and deep fried everything.....Just like any other community.
(Emphasis mine)

http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14880&page=5
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:27 AM   #238
JuancoRocks
Sir Post-A-Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
In answer to the question Why did you come to the Cellar? This fabulous description, from JuancoRocks, which I think sums up the Cellar better than anything else I've read in a long time.

There are nice people, funny people, educated people, bullies and braggarts, smart and dumb, some without a clue, some just like the old dog that gets yelled at (Any attention is better than none at all) a real carnival with carnies and deep fried everything.....Just like any other community.

(Emphasis mine)

http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14880&page=5
Thank you, DanaC

As a FNG here I am truly awed to be included amongst such greatness, such masters of words, such dealers of the double and triple entendre and sometimes straight up dismissiveness. They are the masters of the putdown and sometimes such uplifting affirmations that they would make Jack Handy blush.

I will only say that it was late at night and red wine was involved.
"In vino veritas"
JuancoRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:17 AM   #239
Griff
still says videotape

More importantly, I don't really care if it is an MLM, or if you are genuinely successful at it. If so, great. My post was really just a gentle reminder that if you choose to be a dick to other people and make personal insults, you may expect people to do the same to you. - Clodfobble

This goes for everybody. It is fine to be a jerk just remember dwellers will play at any level.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:20 AM   #240
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

...and given this is a Cellar, those lower levels are pretty fucking subterranean.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote