The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-13-2016, 08:38 PM   #1291
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
They did. They said they will refund the ex since the account was in her name and therefore, they assume, her gas. I can't be bothered to find the old contract and read the fine print but I'm sure there is something in there about why they are allowed to be dickish, and I wasn't about the send them a copy of the divorce agreement showing that the gas in the tank was now mine.

I'm back with the tank and regulator. Tomorrow I'll switch it over. I only use it for cooking and the dryer.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:14 PM   #1292
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Get a used electric dryer. There cheap as dirt. Around here, anyway.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:11 PM   #1293
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
monster, stop being a cunt just because other people don't express their reaction to bad news in a way you deem acceptable.
bruce, just stop being a cunt
Old 07-26-2016, 08:00 PM   #1294
monster

the person named Sillya SomethingBrack-McSomethingface who has a shitfit in the team facebook group every time her kids' names are spelled incorrectly someplace new....... which started with my rostering her kids as SomethingCrack-McSomethingface BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT SHE WROTE ON THE FUCKINNG REGISTRATION FORM. As someone with a disappearing E on the end of my last name, I get it, I really do.... but (1) ain't ever gonna change, better to learn to suck it up, realize when it really matters etc... pick your battles.... (2) YOU FUCKING CHOSE TO SADDLE THEM WITH THAT KEYBOARDFUL -I notice dad is just "McSomethingface"....... (3) you can't even get it the fuck right and that's the bit you've had all your damn life so STFU.

that is all.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:28 PM   #1295
glatt

Ha ha ha
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:29 PM   #1296
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Hyphenated names are bullshit.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #1297
monster

She whined once more so I told her (in a PM) about the reg form. next time it gonna be public. And I have a photocopy in my pocket to take with me tomorrow. Bitch better zip it.....
Old 07-26-2016, 08:50 PM   #1298
monster

hyphenated names are a topic of debate but.....when they are unusual and have 7 syllables....... she is in charge of trophies and had to shorten their last names because there wasn't room on the plaques..... and yet she's still bitching......
Old 07-26-2016, 10:40 PM   #1299
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

We know an Indian couple who are outwardly pretty Westernized, but they are first-generation immigrants and we're pretty sure they were an arranged marriage. The wife kept her last name, but their daughter's last name is a third thing that seems somewhat derived from the husband's first name... like Betty Milkshake is married to Jacob Hamburger, and their kid is Sarah Jacobson. I don't know if it's a tradition I'm not aware of, or if they just pulled it out of their ass.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #1300
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
...and have 7 syllables...
Reminds me:

About a hundred years ago I was in line at the (VHS!) movie store, when a guy comes in, lays the movie he's returning and receipt on the counter and walks out. Girl goes over to check his movie back in, looks at the receipt, and announces to the store in general:

"That man's last name has (pauses to count) seventeen letters in it. Three of them are vowels."

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:08 PM   #1301
monster

well that's one vowel per six letters.

Brightly is more consonant heavy than that, yet not particularly odd
Old 07-29-2016, 03:26 AM   #1302
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

So the Mrs and I bought a house...but our bank was hobbled by crack addicts who pushed the closing date around like 5 times. We closed last Friday...we were supposed to close 4 weeks ago.

Anyway, we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart. If you live in Dallas, Omaha, Des Moines or KC, you know about them...they're owned by Berkshire Hathaway. They have a YUGE store here in KC, KS. We spent parts of two days over there, meeting with a designer and selecting stuff. All we were waiting on was to close on the house. In the meantime, we're having a hard time getting in touch with the design guy at the store...we want to make a deposit or pay for our stuff outright, y'know?

Finally *I* call him--the Mrs had been mostly dealing with him--says he'll get back to me later today (Thursday). And he does...and tells us that they don't have a record of our order. Add to that, some of the stuff we wanted to order is no longer carried.

So that wiped out plans for the living room and dining room. Not to mention, we were going to buy a bed and a stove...so we were going to give these folks some money. And these stupid motherfuckers fucked it up. The Mrs was so excited...this is mainly about her. I wanted some input and got it, but this whole exercise was mostly for her. She was so pissed about it...and upset too. So naturally that pisses me off.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them after I raked them over the coals a couple times on Twitter earlier. But in the meantime, we'll start over...and focus more on spending money with local folks.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:23 AM   #1303
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Always support the locals.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #1304
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
well that's one vowel per six letters.

Brightly is more consonant heavy than that, yet not particularly odd
Sprightly.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #1305
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Bur, but, what about that "sometimes 'Y'" thing?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
limburger