The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 06-05-2018, 09:32 PM   #46
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

GrandCherokeeOne snatched him from the ultimate, possibly fatal, blowjob.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:32 PM   #47
captainhook455
Rapscallion

That happened to my brother and I in 93. We just left the house and it rained so hard I couldn't see my wipers. Later I found out a tornado had touched down behind us then skipped over the car and came down about an eighth of a mile away. I had pulled to the side at least I thought it was because it was bumpy.

I have been on a few roller coasters and have been married twice, but that scared me. It is one of those memories not forgotten.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:07 PM   #48
bbro
Insert witty comment here

AWESOME capture!

Also, you know, good job staying alive.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #49
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Thanks!

I got some other pics of the same cell, I guess that's what you'd call it, from a different angle. I'll post one or two of them later.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:50 AM   #50
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Thanks for posting that image, Grav.
It's quite astonishing how storms like that boil up and bite the unwary and even the wary.

On one trip I did to the US I thought that I was about to be caught up in a tornado.
I was staying in Torrington Wyoming and tornado warnings had been issued for western Nebraska which was a handful of miles distant.
The wind suddenly increased and a storm warning appeared on the TV.
Meteorological violence ensued for about the next thirty minutes, and the motel rattled somewhat, but thankfully it didn't develop into a tornado.

That trip hadn't got off to a good start. The first leg of the flight was from Heathrow to Newark but had to return after about twenty minutes when a large quantity of glassware fell from stowage in the galley and injured a flight attendant. She needed hospital treatment so the delayed flight was of secondary importance in the great scheme of things.
However, late arrival at Newark meant a re-booking of flights and to make matters worse there was a very strong headwind all the way to Denver.
If things had gone according to plan I would have arrived in daylight as I didn't want to drive in darkness after a long flight but it didn't happen.
On my first night I was staying at Brighton CO a few miles from DEN and my discombobulated body clock did not allow me to sleep so I watched 'Are You Being Served?' on TV.
I think I suffered enough on that trip.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #51
bbro
Insert witty comment here

I've only been remotely close to a tornado once. It hit Raleigh in 2011 (I think). It was only a few miles outside of downtown....where I was. I believe there was even damage downtown. On my side of town, I had my mother calling me to ask about it. She is usually watching the weather channel so she thinks things happening hours away are in my backyard.

Turns out, it was coming right for me. One made landfall less than a mile from my apartment. Right on the other side of the river that was in my back yard.
For the first time ever, I experienced the calm in the storm. It was freaky. I wish I had been taking pictures like I do then.

And yes, I called my mother afterward and apologized.

ETA: From wikipedia
Quote:
The tornado continued to track northeast, in the direction of downtown Raleigh; by this time a very sharply defined hook echo was visible on local radar. The tornado began passing through suburban subdivisions on the southwest side of Raleigh as it approached Downtown. Many homes sustained damage, mostly to roofs and from falling trees.[25] The tornado maintained EF1 intensity as it passed through neighborhoods into downtown Raleigh. Severe damage was reported to many commercial businesses in the South Saunders Street (US 70) area south of downtown near Interstate 40. Many local thoroughfares and neighborhoods were rendered impassable due to building debris, tree damage, and downed power lines. The Shaw University campus was badly damaged by the tornado. Live WRAL camera footage showed [26] a rain-wrapped tornado approach the city from the southwest and cross I-40 at South Saunders Street, accompanied by power flashes and flying debris. Many homes and businesses in the Raleigh area were badly damaged. Damage in the downtown area was rated EF1.[24]

After striking the downtown area, the tornado continued northeast, damaging Oakwood Cemetery and the St. Augustine's University campus. The tornado intensified again to EF2 strength as it passed through Raleigh's northeastern neighborhoods and subdivisions. Many homes were badly damaged, losing roofs and walls. Many trees and powerlines were downed and some homes were nearly destroyed. Still on the ground, it continued to track northeast through the northeastern suburbs, tracking along Capital Boulevard / U.S. Route 1 and U.S. Route 401 before tracking through a mobile home park at 4:05 pm EDT, producing severe damage, and killing four people

Last edited by bbro; 06-07-2018 at 01:28 PM.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:11 PM   #52
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Weather.

It can be a bitch.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #53
Griff
still says videotape

Great for picture taking though!
Old 06-07-2018, 09:58 PM   #54
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Word!

Old 06-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #55
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Another angle...Head on:

Name:  weather2.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  100.2 KB

Old 06-08-2018, 01:54 PM   #56
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Another angle...Head on:
Yikes! How long were you stuck under that lot when it all started?
Old 06-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #57
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Oh it was moving right along. I was threatened with meteorological violence for about ten minutes, then it was just a fairly strong thunderstorm that lasted for about 15 - 20 minutes longer.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #58
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  groundhogsquirrel.jpg
Views: 1412
Size:  161.9 KB

Name:  steelrails.jpg
Views: 1708
Size:  141.0 KB

Old 06-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #59
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ya been mooned!

Name:  moon.jpg
Views: 2200
Size:  50.5 KB

Old 06-29-2018, 01:42 PM   #60
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  beethistle.jpg
Views: 1458
Size:  76.4 KB