Old 10-30-2016, 05:56 PM   #32
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Me too!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:13 PM   #33
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Funny story: as Minifobette was going in for her sinus surgery last week, they asked if she wanted to watch anything on the nurse's phone while she fell asleep to the anesthesia. She blanked and couldn't name anything right away, so I asked if she wanted "Dumb Ways to Die," because it's one of the kids' favorite songs. And all the nurses looked at me like I was insane.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:15 PM   #34
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Other Worst Ways To Die

Being beaten to death with a rubber chicken.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:23 PM   #35
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Clodfobble, you are as sick as I am. We be driving down the road and she will have to stop and urinate. I'll say well don't think of Niagara Falls, don't think of a dripping faucet, etc. Yep, two peas in a pod.

tarheel
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #36
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

And it still happens....

Quote:
Man's body 'dissolved' by Yellowstone hot spring after seeking place to swim

Colin Scott, 23, was looking for a ‘hot pot’ to swim in with his sister
Rescuers concluded that extreme heat and acidity dissolved remains

An Oregon man who died and “dissolved” after falling into a boiling, acidic hot spring at Yellowstone national park last June had been looking for a place to swim, officials investigating the incident have concluded.

Colin Scott, 23, was hiking through a prohibited section of the park on 7 June with his sister, Sable, when Scott fell into a hot spring “and did not get out”, according to a report released by the National Park Service on Thursday.

Deputy chief ranger Lorant Veress told a local news station, KULR-TV, the pair were searching for a place to “hot pot”, the illegal practice of swimming in one of the park’s thermal features.
Quote:
When park officials arrived, portions of Colin Scott’s head, upper torso and hands were visible in the hot spring.

“Due to the report of the individual not previously visible, a lack of movement, suspected extreme temperatures, and indications of several thermal burns, the subject was determined to be deceased,” US park ranger Phil Strehle wrote in a 9 June report. A v-neck-style shirt was visible, he said, and “what appeared to be a cross was visible and resting on the subject’s face”.

Rescuers were unable to safely recover Scott’s body, due to the “volatile” thermal area and an incoming lightning storm. When officials returned the following morning, Scott’s body was no longer visible.

“The consensus among the rescue/recovery team … was that the extreme heat of the hot spring, coupled with its acidic nature, dissolved the remains,” a report said. A wallet and a pair of flip-flops belonging to Scott were recovered.
Complete article at The Guardian. dated 17th Nov.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:10 PM   #37
Flint
Snowflake

Do you think he dropped acid before dropping into the acid?
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:26 PM   #38
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Booo. Hiss, booo.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:02 PM   #39
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I almost lost an eye 6 years ago to MRSA...if that shit would have spread and killed me, that would have been an asinine way to go. "Well, I had a sty on my eye that turned into an abscess which turned into staph, THEN became MRSA in the hospital..."
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:04 PM   #40
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Funny story: as Minifobette was going in for her sinus surgery last week, they asked if she wanted to watch anything on the nurse's phone while she fell asleep to the anesthesia. She blanked and couldn't name anything right away, so I asked if she wanted "Dumb Ways to Die," because it's one of the kids' favorite songs. And all the nurses looked at me like I was insane.
Beest wore his RIP tombstone paintball shirt when he went in for some pretty serious surgery last year.... (RIP = Ref In Play)