monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
lol, RAPE is so FUNNY!!!11!11!one
Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
Yeah, I was all
You two totally need to get over yourselves. You're so busy being righteous about your gender rights and sufferings and all that shit your bodies are so desperate your knees are jerking off.

For a start amusing/frightening/whatever -the point is to catch your attention with the message. That worked.

Secondly -who mentioned rape? maybe in your drama queen horror fantasies. I admit I'm female and I have never been in prison, but I have read several prison blogs/journals etc, and whilst I understand that rape happens, the general impression I get is that people get so lonely and desparate, they agree to do things they wouldn't normally. The buttsex is often consensual -even for people who wouldn't do that before..... I could be wrong. I'm sure you could not.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #708
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

You two totally need to get over yourselves. You're so busy being righteous about your gender rights and sufferings and all that shit your bodies are so desperate your knees are jerking off.
For a start amusing/frightening/whatever -the point is to catch your attention with the message. That worked.

I SOOO fully Agree !!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:35 PM   #709
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Absolutely.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #710
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #711
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post

Secondly -who mentioned rape? maybe in your drama queen horror fantasies. I admit I'm female and I have never been in prison, but I have read several prison blogs/journals etc, and whilst I understand that rape happens, the general impression I get is that people get so lonely and desparate, they agree to do things they wouldn't normally. The buttsex is often consensual -even for people who wouldn't do that before..... I could be wrong. I'm sure you could not.
It wouldn't be being used to shock/scare/grab attention if it wasn't implying rape. Since when is it justifiable for someone to be raped for a petty crime anyway? The poster was tasteless and made me feel ill. I'm sorry but implying you should be raped for any crime whatsoever does not sit well with me. Its not justice and its sickening. There is no way this was implying consensual sex or it wouldn't be being portrayed as a punishment. Prison rape jokes are thought to be funny as a norm, but if this was a joke about raping a woman for wearing a short skirt, everyone here would be crying foul. Neither joke is good or funny. Don't let your double standards show.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #712
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Got to admit, I saw it and thought it was a joke about prison rape, which I personally found really distasteful (the joke...I have never experienced prison rape:p).

Certainly some of the stuff I've read/seen suggests that prison rape is a major problem. The figures are horrifying and that's with a broadly accepted low reporting rate.

In popular culture prison rape is a common source for humour. From the scene in a comedy where the hero gets locked in the county jail with a big bloke called Bubba, to standup comedians making jokes about baggy assholes.

That's what the poster was playing to. A common joke about the risks of prison.

Rape is still considered amusing when it relates to men. In and out of prison. Our culture (brit and yank) sees humour in a man being made feminine.

There is also a strand within popular culture (again, brit and yank i think) that takes a kind of grim delight in the additional punishment that represents. How many times have people suggested it serves them right if some nasty violent criminal gets his comeuppance in a cell with a burly cellmate? |Pretty much every time there's a pedophilia case, family murder case, rape case...etc.

It is in our culture. And that poster plays to that cultural understanding. It is a nonsense to suggest otherwise.

That said, there's plenty of jokes and posters in here I find offensive for a variety of reasons. Likewise there are some I find funny, that no doubt cross somebody else's line. It's always a risk when you put something out into the fray. Sometimes it's worth having the argument, sometimes it isn't.

It's also worth bearing in mind, the notion of morgue humour. Which, I'd say, the Cellar has in spades. Sometimes what is being laughed at isn't being laughed at because the reality is funny. But because it is so horrible that it crosses into a different kind of humour.

Last edited by DanaC; 05-18-2012 at 05:50 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #713
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I think it's kind of unfair to get stuck into two of the most vulnerable members of this community over two very short responses to a picture they didn't find amusing (or motivational).

A bit OTT if you ask me, and I know you didn't, but I'm telling you anyway.

eta: and you're probably all very well aware of my opinion of rape as a tool for humour.

Last edited by Aliantha; 05-18-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Aliantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #714
DanaC

Totally agree Ali.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #715
glatt

The prison rape topic is timely.

Yesterday, Obama ordered a bunch of new regulations designed to reduce prison rape. Federal funding will be cut for any prisons that don't comply.

The Justice department also came out with statistics yesterday that 1 in 10 local and state prisoners is raped at least once while incarcerated.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #716
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Maybe one of those assholes was a Texan asshole. Everything's bigger in Texas.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it.

I'm in KY remember...I gotta make fun of the other states when I get the chance. I don't get many...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #717
DanaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Now that was fucking funny.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #718
GunMaster357
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it.

I'm in KY remember...I gotta make fun of the other states when I get the chance. I don't get many...
Yep, only logical that you would think of assholes seing as you're deep in KY.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #719
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

that was a good one co-pilot grav...

i never saw it here. they have the safe prison act and if you get caught raping someone in a texas prison you might as well hang it up cuz your ass is going to belong to the state for a vvvvery long time. not to mention the beating they'd get for doing so. i for one never saw or heard of anyone getting the banana up teh tailpipe but i did hear of and almost see "straight dudes" buying blow jobs from punks. their IQ is so low that they rationalize getting a blow job isn't gay if your not giving it. W.T.F.? yyyeah. no.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #720
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Sooooooo, back to humour.....

How did the farmer find his sheep in the long grass?

Ans: Very satisfying.