The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #16
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
If the corps were paying for the D's you wouldn't be bitching at all.
Stupid and insulting is to associate me with Democrats. I have no respect for either. But wacko extremist Republicans, such as you, openly advocate harm to America to advance their political agenda.

You did not see Democrats advocating "Mission Accomplished" based only on lies and their political agenda. You did not see Democrats all but protect bin Laden. Even deny bin Laden should be hunted. You did not see Democrats all but surrender to the Taliban. You did not see Democrats subvert law enforcement when, for example, at least four FBI offices were on the trail of 11 September highjackers.

You did not see Democrats rewrite science in the White House for the destruction of mankind and to keep people ignorant. You did not see Democrats harming of Terry Schiavo and her family to impose their religion on all others. You did not see Democrats subvert a budget surplus AND run America in massive debts. You did not see Democrats subverting government oversight to enrich Wall Street and to create the world's worse recession since 1929.

You do not see Democrats promoting their propaganda machine (Fox News) as fair and balanced. You did not see Democrats inventing an obviously stupid Man to Mars program. You did not see Democrats do nothing to plan for the replacement of the Shuttles. And then create a least innovative solution - Orion and Aires - which is nothing more than the Apollo program on steroids. You did not see the Democrats driving fundamental research (ie quantum physics) from America. You did not see Democrats subvert stem cell research.

You did not see a long list of famous scientists including Nobel prise winners citing their science as rewritten by the Democrats.

You did not see Democrats subverting international relationships with virtually every other nation in the world. You did not see Democrats screaming about a mythical Al Qaeda hiding under everyone's beds waiting to kill us all. You did not see Democrats putting political hacks into FEMA. You did not see Democrats advocating unlimited spending by corporations to buy the politicians they wanted. Then denying unlimited political contributions is harmful. You did not see K-Street - America's largest corruption scandal - promoted by the most powerful members of their party.

You did not see Democrats openly enriching the top 2% at the expense of all other Americans. You did not see Democrats in power (both White House and Congress) when America's average incoming dropped 2%. You did not see Democrats subverting mileage standards and other government requirements - only reason why American automakers would let their engineers innovate. You did not see Democrats intentionally subverting science education in Dover Pa schools for obvious benefit to fundamentalist religion and to impose that religion on all others.

You did not see Democrats impeding the investigation of Enron. You did not see Democrats try to create a war with China over a silly spy plane. You did not see Democrats advocating hate of gays and other minorities. You did not see Democrats destroying the careers of Federal prosecutors (all of which happened to be Democrats) for a political agenda. You did not see major Democratic leaders promoting hate of Islam - even invent Islamofasism. You did not see Democrats ignoring $20,000 sexting parties paid for by big oil to subvert industry oversight.

You did not see anything like a highly respected Christine McDonald in the Democratic party.

You did not see Democrats openly attacking their moderates as is routine against John McCain, Christie Whitman, Colin Powel, Tom Ridge, Olympia Snow, and Lindsey Graham.

So many less reasons exist to criticize Democrats because lying is not routine. Lying - such as leaving the USS Bataan sitting for five days off New Orleans not permitted to help anyone. Or the Eisenhower task force sitting in port for a week while a million people were nearby and dying due to a tsunami.

I accuse Democrats of not doing spin that is routinely and masterly done by Limbaugh, the American Enterprise Institute, and Karl Rove. So that makes me a Democrat? Hardly. Those who routine promote harm to innovation, science, America, and the advancement of mankind earn my criticism. And you are on that list. You confuse hard fact with politics because those facts contradict 'your' politics. You will not even admit to being an extremist.

Last edited by tw; 10-05-2010 at 05:07 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #17
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Stupid and insulting is to associate me with Democrats. I have no respect for either. But wacko extremist Republicans, such as you, openly advocate harm to America to advance their political agenda.
After two completely inaccurate statements in your first 3 sentences, reading the rest is, as usual, pointless. Have a blessed day.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #18
tw

Quote:
After two completely inaccurate statements in your first 3 sentences, reading the rest is, as usual, pointless. Have a blessed day.
The is the problem with reality. You do not want to read it.

Meanwhile, victims of fracking are apparently guilty of their own greed - your reasoning. Or do you also blame liberals for that.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #19
classicman

You'd rather derail yet another thread because you cannot admit you are wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
The is the problem with reality. You do not want to read it.
Nice grammar there by the way

No tw. You cannot admit when you are wrong. No matter how many times you are faced with facts counter to your incorrect preconceived notions, you just cannot do it.

Instead, in typical tw fashion ....
Quote:
Meanwhile, victims of fracking are apparently guilty of their own greed - your reasoning. Or do you also blame liberals for that.
... you retort with the personal attacks, diversions and/or outright lies.
Where did I blame liberals for this, tw? Show your work.

Quote where I said anything of the sort or apologize. You've tried this before - many times and not just with me. To date your responses have consistently been to ignore the post & lurk for awhile. Its getting old.
Lets try the truth this time. Are you man enough to respond like you know you should. Just admit you are wrong. No emotional outburst necessary.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #20
tw

Quote:
You'd rather derail yet another thread because you cannot admit you are wrong?
Wow. classicman, who posts in most every thread when he even has nothing to say, now complains when his biases in this thread are confronted. A smarter classicman should have posted nothing here because he had nothing to contribute. And then complains because tw calls him on his extreme bias and doing the same 'nothing' is so many threads.

A reality is why laws, to protect from fracking, are stifled. Protecting citizens is secondary to a political agenda so corrupt as to even advocate and not apologize for "Mission Accomplished". Putting citizens at risk for fast profits from fracking are just another example of that political agenda.

Well look what just happened? gotcha covered. Expect as Good as you Give.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #21
classicman

Ahhhh, the diversionary tactic again? You are too transparent.

STRIKE 1 - Try again. Support your claim or apologize. You're a smart guy. C'mon you still have two more shots at it before being completely humiliated .... again.
no pressure. it shouldn't be that hard, there are only 20 posts in the thread. Now take a deep breathe and give it another go.
No mentioning WMD's, 85%, metal midget, george jr....just back up your statement with the quote by me blaming the liberals...

Last edited by classicman; 10-05-2010 at 10:27 PM.
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #22
tw

Quote:
just back up your statement with the quote by me blaming the liberals...
gotcha covered.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #23
classicman

that was weak even for you, tw....

STRIKE 2

Last chance ....

Tell you what - I'll go to bed now and check your work in the am. That'll give you all night to find some article in the economist you can plagiarize instead of admitting your wrong.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh, knock it the fuck off.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:12 PM   #25
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

no Shit !!!

Hey is this Fracken any thing like sharten ????
Old 08-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #26
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Fracking and the east coast earthquake ???

Can Humans Cause Earthquakes?
By Natalie Wolchover, Life's Little Mysteries Staff Writer
12 January 2011 11:50 AM ET

Life's little mysteries...

Quote:
According to John Vidale, director of the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network,
there are actually many ways that human activity can trigger earthquakes.
"The main one is by filling large dams," he told Life's Little Mysteries.
"The weight of the water that builds up behind a dam exerts
a huge amount of stress on the land below."

Occasionally the land shifts under all that new weight.
In the 1930s, for example, the construction of Hoover Dam in Arizona
unleashed a burst of seismic activity in the vicinity that reached magnitude 5 on the Richter scale.
And in 1963, a severe earthquake — magnitude 7 — shook the reservoir behind Koyna Dam in India
shortly after its construction, killing 200 people in a nearby town.
Quote:
Forcefully injecting fluid into the planet's crust also can induce earthquakes.
For a three-year period in the 1960s, the government injected wastewater byproducts
12,000 feet deep into rock fractures in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, Vidale said.
"Then suddenly you got a whole slew of earthquakes near Denver, so they had to stop," he said.

Similarly, enhanced geothermal-energy projects have been known to make the ground shake.
This process involves pumping pressurized water a mile into the Earth,
then sucking up the heated liquid to make steam and drive turbines to generate electricity.
But as folks in Basel, Switzerland, found out in 2006,
sometimes the injection phase can trigger larger earthquakes,
especially if the pumping is centered over an already geologically active area.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #27
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Yeah, but think of the job loss and higher natural gas prices.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #28
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Hi Lamplighter! Good to see you again.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #29
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

It is my understanding that fracking is going to give us womenfolk STDs.

:/
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #30
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Wasn't Jinx into fracking? I thought she had some property that was fracked.