The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #61
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie View Post
I want my kids to learn how to make decisions. That's going to involve them making lots of mistakes. Hopefully, when Daddy is no longer around, they will remember what they have learned.
Good luck, it gets much harder as they get older. Life will change significantly when she hit puberty.

My girls were easy to parent as young children, when the hit that time, look out!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #62
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
KMA, you are obviously not a parent.
And yet even though youre being nothing but a flaming, trolling asshole, and we could possibly say the same of you, we're trying to HELP you.

What does that say about our relative maturity?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #63
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
And yet even though youre being nothing but a flaming, trolling asshole, and we could possibly say the same of you, we're trying to HELP you.

What does that say about our relative maturity?
Your opinion???

flaming??? Trolling??? Asshole????

A teen trying to tell a parent how to parent???!??! now there is a novel thought! HA!

Not.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #64
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Good luck, it gets much harder as they get older. Life will change significantly when she hit puberty.

My girls were easy to parent as young children, when the hit that time, look out!
Every day I look at my daughter and I think - she's so full of love for her Mommy and Daddy and so precious. Then I do the math. Let's see 13 - 6 = 7; 7 * 12 = 84... OK, I have 84 months until [SpikeLee] she hate me. She wants me dead[/Spike].

Its like death and taxes. Its coming. I know its coming. I know exactly what it is and exactly what to expect. But am I ready? Hell no.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:00 AM   #65
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie View Post
Every day I look at my daughter and I think - she's so full of love for her Mommy and Daddy and so precious. Then I do the math. Let's see 13 - 6 = 7; 7 * 12 = 84... OK, I have 84 months until [SpikeLee] she hate me. She wants me dead[/Spike].

Its like death and taxes. Its coming. I know its coming. I know exactly what it is and exactly what to expect. But am I ready? Hell no.
There is no way to get ready. Just doo the best you can. All of them are different. I have 2 girls, they are 180 degrees from each other. Thankfully, both very sucessful.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:04 AM   #66
SadistSecret
Even If you choose to love me, I will always choose to fall.

You don't have to be a parent to know how to raise children.

My mother isn't the greatest at raising children. I should know, as I've had to raise my brother myself. I've been cooking since I was 10, and pretty much running the house since I was 14. Don't tell me you need to have children of your own to know what's best. My parents really never did anything, they let me surf the net by myself without keyloggers and spyware (even though I know more about computers than the both of them do), but I turned out just fine.

Don't burn the kid just because you're older. Age means nothing.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #67
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadistSecret View Post
You don't have to be a parent to know how to raise children.

My mother isn't the greatest at raising children. I should know, as I've had to raise my brother myself. I've been cooking since I was 10, and pretty much running the house since I was 14. Don't tell me you need to have children of your own to know what's best. My parents really never did anything, they let me surf the net by myself without keyloggers and spyware (even though I know more about computers than the both of them do), but I turned out just fine.

Don't burn the kid just because you're older. Age means nothing.
The only thing I can say is you are correct, the bottom line, and you know this is true, you are an acception, not the rule. The majority of famlies in the US have at least one parent who is parenting, not kids stepping up to the plate because their parents could not. None of this is the issue here. The issue is am I a "Mother-Fucking-Asshole" ( quote by Ibram) because I choose to monitor what goes on in my house on my computers by my kids???
Old 04-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #68
rkzenrage

Quote:
Your opinion???

flaming??? Trolling??? Asshole????

A teen trying to tell a parent how to parent???!??! now there is a novel thought! HA!

Not.
The homophobic rants fit both troll and flame definitions.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:12 AM   #69
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:

This is not a good ad for your parenting skills. You might want to give it (this argument) up now. A good parent makes these transitions easy for their child. A not-so-good parent is surprised by them and sees them as a huge step. A good parent watches the transition in their child's older friends and the older children of their friends. Then it is not seen as a sudden change.

Oh wait, I'm probably young enough to be your daughter, so wtf would I know?
Old 04-21-2007, 12:21 AM   #70
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
This is not a good ad for your parenting skills. You might want to give it (this argument) up now. A good parent makes these transitions easy for their child. A not-so-good parent is surprised by them and sees them as a huge step. A good parent watches the transition in their child's older friends and the older children of their friends. Then it is not seen as a sudden change.

Oh wait, I'm probably young enough to be your daughter, so wtf would I know?
You will get yours....

My daughters are long past that transition thankyouverymuch....

But hey, thanks for telling me how to parent my kids, I hope you take your own advice. It is not as easy as you make it out to be, but have at it...
Old 04-21-2007, 01:02 AM   #71
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
You will get yours....

My daughters are long past that transition thankyouverymuch....

But hey, thanks for telling me how to parent my kids, I hope you take your own advice. It is not as easy as you make it out to be, but have at it...
I consider myself warned.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:51 AM   #72
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

(puts feet up)
Old 04-21-2007, 03:00 AM   #73
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
The issue is am I a "Mother-Fucking-Asshole" ( quote by Ibram) because I choose to monitor what goes on in my house on my computers by my kids???
Get over it. Ever heard the saying about sticks and stones? Christ, if you make an issue about shit like this, is it any wonder people question your parenting skills?
Old 04-21-2007, 03:30 AM   #74
Adam Clarke
Rapscallion

Merc, you never did answer the question about how you can deal with your kids when you snap and go all off the handle at Ibram, someone you never met, and only know on a meesage board.

BTW, calling his parents idiots for trusting him, calling him a "bi confused fag", and refusing to address his statements, and only insult him with homophobic comments? Not your best hour.

And Ibram, you were out of line calling Merc a "Mother fucking asshole". How he raises his kids is his business, not yours. Until you have kids of your own, you don't know what all goes into it.

My kids (2 girls, 7 and 9) were always fine on the internet. I always told them that they had to be careful, just like they knew not to give out information on the phone. Of course, I had the advantage of keeping the computer in the living room, where the wife and I could keep an eye on them.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:12 AM   #75
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
(puts feet up)
Amen.