The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-25-2005, 04:37 AM   #16
Nothing But Net
Professor

You call that a knife?

This is a knife!
Attached Images

Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 11:21 AM   #17
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I have four of those multi-tools and don't know how I ever got along without one.

Two Gerbers, one Leatherman and one no-name that I got as a doorprize for ordering a subscription to the Navy Times. Love the little things. I also have two combat-carry knives, both from Smith and Wesson. One is the 24/7 model and one is too old for me to remember or read on the blade. Both are still razor sharp though, thanks to my Dremel.

I probably have a few penknives around somewhere that I can't find or remember.

Brian
Old 09-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #18
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Nice blades every body ,
Now the question IS , DO YOU REALLY NEED and USE THAT KNIFE ???
As beestie pointed out you can get busted for carrying a big blade , I have to go into secure places on ocation so emptying my pockets infront of ARMED guards happens , a small knife raises less eye brows than a big serated tanto point curved auto opener .
So as I said do these fine blades EVER get used for any thing but opening mail and spliting the occational bagle ??
Old 09-25-2005, 10:41 PM   #19
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyt
So as I said do these fine blades EVER get used for any thing but opening mail and spliting the occational bagle ??
I live in Virginia where my blade is perfectly legal. However, I work in DC where only the criminals have access to weapons. I have to walk about a mile from my client's site to my car and when I work late (as I have been lately), I can encounter some interesting characters to say the least. I have had some close calls. Hopefully, it will never come to that but I'll take a felony over an assault anyday.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:46 PM   #20
wolf
lobber of scimitars

All of my folders are legal in Pennsylvania.

As everyone knows, I try to avoid visiting neighboring states as some of my other typical pocket contents tend not to be viewed as kindly on the wrong side of my state line.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:28 AM   #21
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

LBN, is that a Cheeto mashed into your forehead in that picture? That must have been one hell of a party!
Old 09-26-2005, 06:50 AM   #22
SmartAZ
Confounded Conjuror

I don't carry tools. I carry a cellphone so I can call a mechanic who knows what he's doing.
SmartAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:10 AM   #23
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi
LBN, is that a Cheeto mashed into your forehead in that picture? That must have been one hell of a party!
Clean your monitor woman! It's just a reflection of yellowish/orangeish lighting.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:28 AM   #24
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyt
Nice blades every body ,
Now the question IS , DO YOU REALLY NEED and USE THAT KNIFE ???
As beestie pointed out you can get busted for carrying a big blade , I have to go into secure places on ocation so emptying my pockets infront of ARMED guards happens , a small knife raises less eye brows than a big serated tanto point curved auto opener .
I carry a very small blade on my keychain. I usually remember to remove it before I pass through courthouse security. Sometime I forget. So far, they have never spotted it. Hope it stays that way, if I forget again.

It is a decent tool. The Swiss Tech UtiliKey Very small, cuts packages and cords very well. I use the phillips head screwdriver pretty often. It's the right size for smaller screws. It would be of no value in a self defense situation.

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #25
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

thats not a knife
THIS...is a knife

i see you've played knifey spoony before
Kagen4o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #26
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

There is no spoon.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:41 PM   #27
mitheral
Abecedarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
Yeah, I cough up the knife and they don't book me on a felony charge. I got nailed carrying a kevlar/stainless-steel 9" Benchmade Stryker which, incidentally, I bought in person at the knifecenter.com's warehouse on the Baltimore side of DC back in '99 way before anyone ever heard of them. Too bad they don't make the exact model anymore - that was a helluva good knife. Or, for some cop or cop's brother-in-law, still is.
Was the knife it self illegal or were you carrying it some place that knives in general weren't allowed?

I usually carry two knives, both swiss army. A little two blade, screwdriver, file unit for delicate work and a medium size ~16 tools for more manly work. Plus a ~6" fixed blade sheath knife when camping/hiking. I've lost the larger swiss though and have been contemplating a leatherman or one of it's cousins but I'm not sure I want to be carrying a belt knife around all the time; sometimes I'm not wearing a belt. For those of you with a leatherman do you ever just put it in your pocket?

I use my knives at least every other day at least though not always for cutting stuff. The flat sided phillips on my small knife is perfect for case screws.

As to the topic on hand the only single edged tool scar on my hands is actually from an axe on my left thumb. So I guess my left hand is more cut up but it's a pretty small sample set.

Last edited by mitheral; 09-26-2005 at 04:49 PM.
mitheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:45 PM   #28
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing But Net
This is a knife!
I dunno. I'd call that a machete.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:49 PM   #29
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi
what Lab said and actually the cheeto is on the inside and referred to as a "toomah" (hey, we have to find something that made him so nutty, i mean cheesy) erf. i digress.....
Old 09-26-2005, 04:50 PM   #30
mitheral
Abecedarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing But Net
This is a knife!
Aren't the serations going the wrong way on that pig sticker?
mitheral is offline   Reply With Quote