The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 01-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #61
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

I just like the way the word sounds in a brogue. I like the way you spell it better, too, Sassenach. Whats it mean? Nm.... Googled:

The Gaelic term for a Saxon. Survives in modern day Ireland and Scotland as a derogatory term for an English person.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:27 AM   #62
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Where I live the derogatory term for an English person is "bloody English".
Old 01-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #63
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Let me try to get this straight. Limey is a sassenach and that's similar to sasquatch?? Limey - what size shoe do you wear?

Note: This is only trying to make a joke about similar words. From the pictures I have seen of Limey, I know she is quite lovely
Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #64
limey

Size 10 US. What is a sasquatch?
Just googled it. Yes, we have sasquatch in the family tree. Both my brothers' feet are/were size 16 US ...
Old 01-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #65
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Limes! The tea arrived today!
I thought you meant you'd bought me tablets (which as I said I have plenty of).

I'm nearly out of tea though.
You angel.

And of all the people in the world, I know you'd never buy me fennel tea (which is a common one for weightloss/ cleansing/ liver detox.)

One of these days I really will write Cherry's List of Common Foods Which are Intolerable.
I'm sure it will be fascinating.

I've been waiting for a £3.20 cardigan from eBay. It's teal green and fluffy. I'm gutted. It was sent on 4th Jan. The seller has offered me a refund. I think she may have kept it for resale given the bargain basement price I got. Anyway, Dad was all excited on my behalf - the thought it had arrived. He was susrpised when I wasn't upset.

But hey, if you see a fluffy teal green cardigan, do wrestle the wearer to the ground and demand to see a proof of purchase.

And thank you. Very kind and much appreciated.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #66
limey

Fennel is disgusting! I think the tea contains mint and nettle, both of which you said you liked. I find herb teas are quite nice cold. But this evening I had a mug of cocoa. Proper cocoa

Sent by thought transference
Old 01-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #67
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I am waiting-somewhat impatiently-for my valium to be refilled.

can't get a refill till the 24 or so which seems like bullshit if I'm paying for it myself.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #68
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post

can't get a refill till the 24 or so which seems like bullshit if I'm paying for it myself.
Maybe this can tide you over.
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #69
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post

How do you get a continuous prescription for valium (or xanax)? The doctors at my clinic will not do it for me. All I want to do is take a half pill every now and then before bedtime to take the edge off a really bad day.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #70
Big Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
How do you get a continuous prescription for valium (or xanax)? The doctors at my clinic will not do it for me. All I want to do is take a half pill every now and then before bedtime to take the edge off a really bad day.
Shoot, I get 10 mgms of Ambien and 2 mgms of Clonopin everyday. I can get an increased dosage by just asking. The VA is turning us all into addicts.

Serious note - if you are out of Valuim, you can make a "Camp Hit" coctail from legal ingredients. Take a shot glass. Add 2 full doses of liquid Nyquil. Throw in 3-5 tablets of Melatonin. Open 4 capsules of Benadryl (100 mgm) and pour it in. I'm serious about this. This concoction was routinely used until they deployed the Combat Stress Teams
Old 01-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #71
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Holy shit Sarge, I only weigh 106...that cocktail would put me down for a whole day!

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 AM   #72
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

the Little Penguin, S.E. Australia Cabernet Sauvignon 2011. From magnum, a tasty quaff.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:10 AM   #73
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Bourbon, neat.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #74
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
Shoot, I get 10 mgms of Ambien and 2 mgms of Clonopin everyday. I can get an increased dosage by just asking. The VA is turning us all into addicts.
Sarge, you have specific indications for your meds. For most of us, ongoing scripts for benzodiazepines are a bad idea. They're Schedule 4 drugs, addictive, and the devil to get off. (Xanax is so bad - very short half-life - that many psychiatrists refuse to prescribe it at all.)

Last edited by orthodoc; 01-20-2013 at 04:17 AM.
orthodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #75
Big Sarge

I was previously on a Xanax and Valuim regimen. I completely agree that the VA over medicates us and after almost 7 years, I do have a high tolerance. Plus, I shamefully admit to adding alcohol lately to enhance the effects. I am definitely a poor role model

Pico - that is a real concoction we used in 2005 in Al Anbar Province