The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #136
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Zen calm is good.

High calm is not.

And the storm before the calm, that's an issue, too.

I was off for two days and people were falling over themselves tonight to catch me up on the doin's of the last two days ... hyperguy has been worse than usual, super disorganized. Now he's got some stuff going on that certainly is stressful ... but when one has few coping skills, well, you go with what you know, I guess.

I think a couple of people have already gone to bossdude. I was going to do some therapist-fu and try to get hyperguy to fess up on his own. Not likely, of course, but I am a hopeful person. Okay, so more likely, at least nudge him towards realizing that he ain't foolin' nobody.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #137
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
he ain't foolin' nobody.
That's the sad and really amazing part about these sorts of things; people's ability to really, truly believe they are "passing."
Old 03-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #138
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Denial => 'doesn't even (k)now it's a lie'. (Spelling apologies, but otherwise it's sort of appropriate.) It is sad.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #139
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt ... and it does not flow through my office.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 04-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #140
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Last night took suck to an extraordinary new level.

When I showed up, there was just me and one other cow orker. A trainee. A competent trainee, but a trainee, nonetheless.

Bossdude says, you'll be fine ...

(I have learned to define "fine" as Fucked up, Insane, Neurotic, and Emotional. I am an experienced mental health professional, after all.)

There were twelve scheduled patients. Or maybe eleven. Between walk-ins and return from hospitals that we hadn't known about, we ended up dealing with seventeen. Fuck, I said. Fuckity fuck fuck, I said. A lot.

The trainee says, "I never heard you say that word before."

I am always surprised when people say this to me.

But I guess, that unless I am under extreme stress, like last night, I have been keeping a lid on it at the rehab.

Fuck.

It was one of those nights where I didn't get to eat dinner. I had made a grievous error. I took something that I had to microwave. I think this was the second time since I've worked there that I've taken something other than a sandwich for dinner. By the time I realized I hadn't eaten it was around 2130, which was past my point of no return for eating dinner. I sustained myself on corn nuts and peanut butter crackers. And some fruit snacks.

Fuck.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #141
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It has been an eventful week at the rehab.

I come in on Monday, and one of the part-timers is working. She starts whispering ... "As soon as everybody is gone, we have to go out and smoke together. You will not believe this."

Apparently, on Saturday, hyperguy came in, and was doing his usual bullshitting around, and avoiding seeing and talking to the folks he was coming in to replace. This was described as "he hid in the bathroom until gothychick left."

And?

Well, there were a bunch of patients in the lobby, and the doctor comes out to find hyperguy unwell.

By unwell, I mean that he was kind of non-responsive, breathing shallowly, that kind of unwell.

The doctor called 911 on him.

Now, there was another coworker there ... she was all flustered, nearly crying, from the description ... one of the junkies in the lobby said to her, "Don't worry lady, it's only an overdose. They'll give him some narcan and he'll be fine."

Of course, the junkie was an old hand at this, and was completely right.

My cow orker was wrong. I totally believed it.

bossdude announced that hyperguy was no longer working for the rehab. He also said, "I really mean it this time," referencing that time last year that hyperguy was fired for a hot urine, but pulled some prescriptions out of his ass and returned to work a few days later.

The place is an adventure, I tell you.

However, given the current massive hole in the schedule, the screwup threshold has been raised so high, nobody is in danger of being fired for quite some time.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #142
wolf
lobber of scimitars

May and June are entirely too full. I have had three trainings (two 2-day and one 3-day that I was both taking and hosting), lots of overtime because of the hyperguy firing, and now ...

bossdude has hired a couple of people. One is a psych student who therefore thinks she knows everything, and the other ...

Well, this is weird, even in my vast experience.

The other night she as working and we were comminting on the inappropriateness of her minidress, which, incidentally, for June is totally wrong, winter colors and it was a heavy wool fabric. She is from a warmer part of the country, Pennsyltucky weather is confusing to her system I guess.

So over the weekend I was picking up an extra shift and worked with her. It was busy, but light enough in traffic that we had some time to talk. She starts telling doghoarder and I about her hobby.

She's into serial killers.

I mean REALLY into serial killers. Like in love with a particular one with a very high body count who has since been executed.

Freaky in love.

Gets an "O" face when she talks about him. I have been describing this is "rapturous."

Now, I know some things here and there about serial killers, followed a few, have read most of the books.

Why people do things fascinates me. Especially why they do particularly dark things. Like that.

But it's a passing interest.

So after the revelation about how much she loves this dead serial killer, even to the point where she wants to have her ashes sprinkled in the same location as his ... well ... then it hit me.

She dresses, does her hair, everything ... to match his victim profile.

When I say freaky, I mean freaky.

So, yesterday I get a text from doghoarder ...

"psychokillergirlfriend has a girl crush on you. She just told me."

Old 06-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #143
glatt

Sounds like she should be on the nut side of the nuthouse.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #144
Nirvana
Back in 10

the one good thing that came from the Ace Ventura movies

Alrighty then!

[a quote that encompasses shock, awe and non judgement, well maybe a little judgement]
Old 06-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #145
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I was just re-reading this:

Quote:
Now, there was another coworker there ... she was all flustered, nearly crying, from the description ... one of the junkies in the lobby said to her, "Don't worry lady, it's only an overdose. They'll give him some narcan and he'll be fine."
And thinking, "yep, experience trumps qualifications every time", when I saw this:

Quote:
One is a psych student who therefore thinks she knows everything,
Ohhh ddeeeaaarrr ......

Then I read about the other one.
Please keep us updated. This could be very interesting.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #146
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
the one good thing that came from the Ace Ventura movies

Alrighty then!

[a quote that encompasses shock, awe and non judgement, well maybe a little judgement]
excellent assay!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #147
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
... bossdude has hired a couple of people. One is a psych student who therefore thinks she knows everything, ...
Quote:
and the other ... She's into serial killers. I mean REALLY into serial killers. Like in love with a particular one with a very high body count who has since been executed. Freaky in love. Gets an "O" face when she talks about him. I have been describing this is "rapturous." ... So after the revelation about how much she loves this dead serial killer, even to the point where she wants to have her ashes sprinkled in the same location as his ... well ... then it hit me. She dresses, does her hair, everything ... to match his victim profile. When I say freaky, I mean freaky. So, yesterday I get a text from doghoarder ... "psychokillergirlfriend has a girl crush on you. She just told me."
Change the names to protect the innocent; then, turn your information about psychokillergirlfriend over to psychstudent as a case study. Ask psychstudent for her assessment and recommendations. Should be a humbling experience for her.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #148
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Old 06-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #149
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Perfect. Sexobon, you rock.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #150
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
"psychokillergirlfriend has a girl crush on you. She just told me."
If a psychokillergirlfriend has a girl crush on you, you just might be a serial killer. - Jeff Foxworthy Dahmer