The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-28-2018, 08:06 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Meaningless Musings for March (aka monthly quiz for Newbies/anyone

1) You only have time for one: Museum of Art, or Natural History?
2) Househunting: biggest turn off -bad kitchen or bad bathroom?
3) Brown or Grey/Gray?
4) Best Salad Dressing?
5) If you won enough money to be a space tourist with a private space exploration company (but no more than that) would you do it? Let's say the trip is one orbit of the earth in a shuttle-style thing so landing would be on solid ground
6) Your favorite secret ingredient in the kitchen?
7) Have you broken a bone as an adult? And if so, were you doing something stupid?
8) Do you have a grocery shopping list or just wing it?
9) Would you?
10) Jeans or Sweat Pants?
Old 02-28-2018, 08:56 PM   #2
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

6) Your favorite secret ingredient in the kitchen? Love.

8) Do you have a grocery shopping list or just wing it? Whether winging it or bringing a list, I always forget an item. Yeah I know.

9) Would you? After you m'lady.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:03 PM   #3
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Natural History, but only because I've been to MOMA before.

Bathroom would give me the more visceral reaction, but logic would make the kitchen a bigger deal-breaker.

3) Brown or Grey/Gray?
Gray.

4) Best Salad Dressing?
Balsamic vinaigrette

5) If you won enough money to be a space tourist with a private space exploration company (but no more than that) would you do it? Let's say the trip is one orbit of the earth in a shuttle-style thing so landing would be on solid ground
Would I go to space if given the opportunity? Yes. Would I spend my own money on it, if I were able to spend it on something else? No.

Balsamic.

7) Have you broken a bone as an adult? And if so, were you doing something stupid?
Never broken any I'm aware of. Might have fractured a toe or two, though, and just never gotten it checked out.

8) Do you have a grocery shopping list or just wing it?
This question is insane. I often RE-WRITE my list on a new piece of paper before heading out, with the items arranged into the order they appear in the store.

9) Would you?
Always.

10) Jeans or Sweat Pants?
Yoga pants.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:39 PM   #4
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Art
Kitchen
Gray
Russian
No
Wine
No
List

Sweats
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:43 AM   #5
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
3) Brown or Grey/Gray?
4) Best Salad Dressing? a vinagrette with feta
5) If you won enough money to be a space tourist with a private space exploration company (but no more than that) would you do it? Let's say the trip is one orbit of the earth in a shuttle-style thing so landing would be on solid ground No
6) Your favorite secret ingredient in the kitchen? patience
7) Have you broken a bone as an adult? Yes And if so, were you doing something stupid? Not really
8) Do you have a grocery shopping list or just wing it? List broken down by store layout
9) Would you? Hell yeah
10) Jeans or Sweat Pants? sweats
Old 03-01-2018, 07:09 AM   #6
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

1) You only have time for one: Museum of Art, or Natural History? Frankly, I'd have to toss a coin
2) Househunting: biggest turn off -bad kitchen or bad bathroom? Kitchen, who spends much time in the bathroom?
3) Brown or Grey/Gray? Grey.
4) Best Salad Dressing? French
5) If you won enough money to be a space tourist with a private space exploration company (but no more than that) would you do it? Let's say the trip is one orbit of the earth in a shuttle-style thing so landing would be on solid ground Well, actually, nope. There's other travel I'd rather do with that sort of money.
6) Your favourite secret ingredient in the kitchen? Smoked Paprika
7) Have you broken a bone as an adult? And if so, were you doing something stupid? Yes and Yes
8) Do you have a grocery shopping list or just wing it? Yes and Yes
9) Would you? I expect so
10) Jeans or Sweat Pants? Jeans all the way, though I'm tempted to go over to the layered leggings/tunic/overshirt look.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:17 AM   #7
glatt

1) You only have time for one: Museum of Art, or Natural History? Right this second I'd say Natural History, but based on past choices, I'm more likely to go with Art.
2) Househunting: biggest turn off -bad kitchen or bad bathroom? Kitchen
3) Brown or Grey/Gray? Gray
4) Best Salad Dressing? Balsamic
5) If you won enough money to be a space tourist with a private space exploration company (but no more than that) would you do it? Let's say the trip is one orbit of the earth in a shuttle-style thing so landing would be on solid ground. Yes. Absolutely, but only if they had a pretty good track record.
6) Your favorite secret ingredient in the kitchen? Cumin
7) Have you broken a bone as an adult? NO. And if so, were you doing something stupid? YES
8) Do you have a grocery shopping list or just wing it? List, if there are more than 3 items. But I do make impulse purchases if I have a reason.
9) Would you?Uh huh
10) Jeans or Sweat Pants? Nah
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:01 AM   #8
Danyyu
Kinda New Member

1) You only have time for one: Art Museum, or Natural History?
Museum
2) House hunting: big kitchen off - bad kitchen or bad bathroom?
Bad Bathroom
3) Brown or Grey/Grey?
grey
4) Best salad dressing?
ranch
5) If you earned enough money to be a space tourist with a private space exploration company (but no more than that) would you do it? Let's say the voyage is an Earth orbit in a shuttle, so the landing would be on land.
if
garlic
7) Is a bone broken as an adult? And if so, were you doing
something stupid? if
8) Do you have a grocery store shopping list or do you just lengthen it? no
9) Would you? Yes.
10) Jeans or sweat pants? jeans

Last edited by limey; 03-02-2018 at 08:47 AM. Reason: link removed by mod.
Danyyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:13 AM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Suggest you take that link out of you signature or you're gone.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #10
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

1) You only have time for one: Museum of Art, or Natural History? Natural History.

2) Househunting: biggest turn off -bad kitchen or bad bathroom? Bad kitchen, I'd spend more time in there.

3) Brown or Grey/Gray? "Gray", he said in blue.

4) Best Salad Dressing? Thousand Island.

5) If you won enough money to be a space tourist with a private space exploration company (but no more than that) would you do it? Let's say the trip is one orbit of the earth in a shuttle-style thing so landing would be on solid ground Probably not.

6) Your favorite secret ingredient in the kitchen? Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning, I use it instead of salt.

7) Have you broken a bone as an adult? And if so, were you doing something stupid? Yes, and I was doing something stupid. I was working for someone else. At least someone else paid for it.

8) Do you have a grocery shopping list or just wing it? Most of the time when I get groceries I have something in mind, so, list, kinda.

9) Would you? Probably.

10) Jeans or Sweat Pants? Home? Sweats. Public? Jeans.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 03-02-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:30 PM   #11
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

It would depend on my mood on the day - probably Natural History

I agree with Clod - Bad Bathroom would provoke the most visceral reaction, but would be less difficult to deal with than a bad kitchen

3) Brown or Grey/Gray? Grey

4) Best Salad Dressing? It's a toss up between simple mayonnaise or a lighter vinaigrette

If the alternative is keeping the money to do something else with it then no - I can think of a lot of stuff I could buy right now :P

6) Your favorite secret ingredient in the kitchen? raspberry jam. Spoonful of that in any broth or gravy

7) Have you broken a bone as an adult? And if so, were you doing something stupid? Not as an adult - I don't think. Again, like Clod - I did think I might have broken a toe at one point but never did anything about it.

8) Do you have a grocery shopping list or just wing it? Generally I wing it. I carry a list in my head of stuff I need - and add to it as I go. The only time I use shopping lists is when shopping for other people or shopping for Christmas pressies

9) Would you? ...maybe

10) Jeans or Sweat Pants? Outdoors Jeans, indoors sweat pants.

Last edited by DanaC; 03-02-2018 at 01:35 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote