The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-25-2017, 03:48 PM   #31
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Have any of you ever considered that if you quit separating yourselves according to left, right, liberal, conservative and focus on fixing the goddamn problems you're bitching about, instead of looking for whom to blame it on, or who the reason is we can't fix it, or who caused it and why, or why we should fix it this way and not your stupid, retarded way, that something might actually get done?
Yes but I gave up when I realised you'll thwart me at every turn. If I get an idea and want to discuss it, you run off to bucket night, or the river.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:45 PM   #32
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

He's fickle that way.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:33 PM   #33
monster
I hear them call the tide

so to get back on track.....

This

She's 91, you know

and this

they say it all
Old 05-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #34
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

We've just had a vicious attack on some of the most vulnerable of our population too. Fortunately, no one was killed or injured.

Quote:
Name:  Oh, the humanity!.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  15.4 KB

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A man wearing body armor and a mask backed a tractor-trailer through the gate of the Moonlite Bunny Ranch before dawn Thursday and crashed it into the front door of the famed Nevada brothel featured in the CatHouse reality television show, according to authorities and the brothel's owner.

Brian Brandt, 40, of Reno, was arrested and faces charges of assault with a deadly weapon, property destruction and possession of stolen property, the Lyon County Sheriff's office said.

Brothel owner Dennis Hof said none of the five employees, 30 female prostitutes and 10 customers inside at the time were hurt when the crash happened just after 4 a.m.

The impact of the truck crashing into the building scared them and sounded "like a bomb going off," Hof said, causing what he estimated at $400,000 damage.

Hof said the suspect was wearing full body armor and a mask. He said he did not know Brandt and none of the people working at the brothel did.

The truck with a bright yellow cab had been stolen from a northern Nevada terminal of Michigan-based Central Transport hours before it crashed into the brothel, said Mickey Blashfield, a company spokesman. ...
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:32 AM   #35
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

fixing the problem

You live in a neighborhood where the feral dog population is growing...a number of folks have been injuried -- some killed -- by these dogs...after each attack, vocal folks in the neighborhood make a big show about how 'we can't let these dogs change the way we conduct our lives!' and how 'we must be united!', but not one person lifts a finger to ring the animal control folks, or to just pick up and carry a baseball bat when goin' out.

Animal control, of course, has a pretty good bead on the dogs but is largely hobbled in its efforts to exterminate them by animal rights bastids who make a big stink anytime anyone even thinks about killing the animals...'you're a speciesist!' they shriek.

So, the ferals keep eatin' babies and old folks, folks keep jibber-jabberin', nuthin' really gets done.

The Hebrews had/have a solution for this crap: 'If you know someone is coming to kill you, get up early and go kill them first'.

Seems to me: we're well past the crack of dawn on this, their intent is crystal, 'diplomacy' (bribery) has been tried (and has failed)...time to kill some people.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #36
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Did Fox News also say that!? Wow. They need Ailes back to restore 'fair and honest'.

Last edited by tw; 05-26-2017 at 10:02 AM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:52 AM   #37
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
but not one person lifts a finger to ring the animal control folks, or to just pick up and carry a baseball bat when goin' out.

Except that they did.

Several members of the community, including members of the bomber's own family reported him to the anti-radicalisation unit as a potential danger.

He was investigated and deemed to be only peripherally involved in radicalism and not an imminent danger.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:58 AM   #38
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Seems to me: we're well past the crack of dawn on this, their intent is crystal, 'diplomacy' (bribery) has been tried (and has failed)...time to kill some people.
Off you go, see how that works for you.

Or were you expecting the Government to do that for you.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:07 AM   #39
henry quirk

What I expect is for our employees to put law-abiding citizens first, and to eliminate threats to those citizens (the folks who pay the bills).

What I get is a lotta noise from folks who, for some godamned reason, wanna hesitate and shuffle their feet and not do much else.

As for my neighborhood: I do what I can.

What about you?

#

"He was investigated and deemed to be only peripherally involved in radicalism and not an imminent danger."

Yeah, that seems to be the story over and over. Seems like, at some point, folks would say 'okay, the last ten violent acts were done by persons only peripherally involved in radicalism and not an imminent danger, so mebbe we need to redefine our terms, lower the bar, tolerate less'.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:09 AM   #40
henry quirk

i'm gonna regret this...

tw, what the holy fuck does fox news have to do with anything?
Old 05-26-2017, 12:58 PM   #41
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
tw, what the holy fuck does fox news have to do with anything?
It explains your attitude. And contempt for honesty and facts.

Since you have none, it also explains your excessive use of irrelevant and profane adjectives. And your love of violence.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #42
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
What I expect is for our employees to put law-abiding citizens first, and to eliminate threats to those citizens (the folks who pay the bills).
The Manchester bomber was a citizen and, as far as I know, a law abiding one until this incident.
Quote:
"He was investigated and deemed to be only peripherally involved in radicalism and not an imminent danger."

Yeah, that seems to be the story over and over. Seems like, at some point, folks would say 'okay, the last ten violent acts were done by persons only peripherally involved in radicalism and not an imminent danger, so mebbe we need to redefine our terms, lower the bar, tolerate less'.
The last ones that succeeded. Investigators have to do triage, and if the ones that they do consider to be a threat end up not making the news, that's probably in their favor.

Do you want to pay for an agency to put permanent surveillance on everyone who has ever shown up on their radar?

Would you want them to be able to do that, even if there were no monetary cost?

Or are you just advocating skipping the surveillance and imprisoning or killing people without evidence? Evidence against one [insert ethnicity/religion/etc] is evidence against all?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #43
henry quirk

What facts have I ignored, tw?

#

HM, I don't have all the solutions. Just seems to me what our employees are doin' now isn't succeeding well enough, often enough.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:21 PM   #44
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

We don't know if they stopped any, stopped 99 or stopped 999.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:35 PM   #45
henry quirk

exactly right, Bruce