The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Izzy Whizzy, let's get Quizzy

1. Which British Children's Show did I plagiarize the thread title from? ()
  2. What's your favorite houseplant?
  3. You open the front door and there's a wet, scrawny puppy whimpering on the mat. What do you name it?
  4. You win a free books from the "Idiot's Guide To" series. Which one do you choose?
  5. Alaska or Florida 24/7/365?
  6. What does your doormat look like?
  7. If you were to attempt to break a Guinness World record to raise money for a charity you support, what record would it be?
  8. Scrabble or Monopoly?
  9. Do you fold down the corner of the page to mark your place in the book you are reading?
  10. How often do you wear a hat?
  11. What is your favorite candy or chocolate bar?
  12. What is your most embarrassing "bodily (mal)function" moment?
  13. What is the most you ever paid for a ticket to an event and what was the event?
  14. What is the first non-English swear word you learned?
  15. How many roads must a man walk down?
  16. How many open condiments do you have in your fridge?
  17. Darth Vader or The Terminator?
Old 04-14-2011, 01:32 AM   #2
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Which British Children's Show did I plagiarize the thread title from? () No Idea

What's your favorite houseplant? Houseplants? I have a two year old and 4 indoor cats!

You open the front door and there's a wet, scrawny puppy whimpering on the mat. What do you name it? Puddles

You win a free books from the "Idiot's Guide To" series. Which one do you choose? The Cellar
Alaska or Florida 24/7/365? Florida

What does your doormat look like? A doormat?

If you were to attempt to break a Guinness World record to raise money for a charity you support, what record would it be? The person whose spouse travels the most.

Scrabble or Monopoly? Scrabble

Do you fold down the corner of the page to mark your place in the book you are reading? Usually

How often do you wear a hat? Not often

What is your favorite candy or chocolate bar? Lindt white chocolate and almond

What is your most embarrassing "bodily (mal)function" moment? Last week it was farting too much

What is the most you ever paid for a ticket to an event and what was the event? I think it was about $200 to a seafood awards dinner (husband got a free ticket)

What is the first non-English swear word you learned? Malucca (sp?)

How many roads must a man walk down? As many as it takes

How many open condiments do you have in your fridge? about 2 dozen

Darth Vader or The Terminator? Terminator!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
  1. Which British Children's Show did I plagiarize the thread title from? () Not a clue.
  2. What's your favorite houseplant? *removed by DEA*
  3. You open the front door and there's a wet, scrawny puppy whimpering on the mat. What do you name it? General Tso
  4. You win a free books from the "Idiot's Guide To" series. Which one do you choose? Idiot's Guide to Literacy
  5. Alaska or Florida 24/7/365? Alaska
  6. What does your doormat look like? woven brown fiber
  7. If you were to attempt to break a Guinness World record to raise money for a charity you support, what record would it be? Watching the most consecutive baseball games.
  8. Scrabble or Monopoly? Scrabble
  9. Do you fold down the corner of the page to mark your place in the book you are reading? No.
  10. How often do you wear a hat? Usually.
  11. What is your favorite candy or chocolate bar? Snickers
  12. What is your most embarrassing "bodily (mal)function" moment? Pretty wet for a fart.
  13. What is the most you ever paid for a ticket to an event and what was the event? My pleasures tend to be inexpensive. I love baseball but haven't reconciled the new stadium fees in NY
  14. What is the first non-English swear word you learned? Puta
  15. How many roads must a man walk down? 7
  16. How many open condiments do you have in your fridge? 10?
  17. Darth Vader or The Terminator? Vader
Old 04-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
  1. Which British Children's Show did I plagiarize the thread title from? () Sooty? The Sooty Show?
  2. What's your favorite houseplant? Don't have one really.

3. You open the front door and there's a wet, scrawny puppy whimpering on the mat. What do you name it? Klaatu

4. You win a free books from the "Idiot's Guide To" series. Which one do you choose? ...IGT Photoshopping
  5. Alaska or Florida 24/7/365? Florida

6. What does your doormat look like? Broken amd beat down

7. If you were to attempt to break a Guinness World record to raise money for a charity you support, what record would it be? World record for daydreaming.

8. Scrabble or Monopoly? Scrabble
  9. Do you fold down the corner of the page to mark your place in the book you are reading? Sometimes. Depends on the book and to whom it belongs.

10. How often do you wear a hat? Most days I wear a hat

11. What is your favorite candy or chocolate bar? Impossible choice, but if pushed: Toblerone

12. What is your most embarrassing "bodily (mal)function" moment? Oh God, I don;t know. The time my knee went from under me and I was flat on my face in someone's pathway, surrounded by a bag of spilled Labour leaflets? Or the time I soiled my pants in nursery school (kindergarten)

13. What is the most you ever paid for a ticket to an event and what was the event? This i find difficult. I think the most expensive event I went to was Glastonbury, but I didn't pay for the tickets :p I don;t think I have ever paid more than £50 for a show or event.

14. What is the first non-English swear word you learned? Meud. But my first non-English insult was 'gutha' (spelt phonetically as I don't know how it is supposed to be spelt) which I believe is hindi for 'ass' or as in 'you silly ass'. A common mock insult used around my house growing up was 'you great gutha' or 'guthalump'
  15. How many roads must a man walk down? As many as it takes.

16. How many open condiments do you have in your fridge? Edible? - three. Inedible? about six.

17. Darth Vader or The Terminator? Darth Vadar...but only if he brings his brother Chad along to the party.

[eta] I didn;t read any of the other replies before posting mine. But I notice Ali and I answered the roads question the same ;p

Last edited by DanaC; 04-14-2011 at 07:21 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Which British Children's Show did I plagiarize the thread title from? () No Idea

What's your favorite houseplant? Pothos - they are nearly impossible to kill

You open the front door and there's a wet, scrawny puppy whimpering on the mat. What do you name it? Dammit!

You win a free books from the "Idiot's Guide To" series. Which one do you choose? Idiots Guide to the Tarot

Alaska or Florida 24/7/365? Alaska

What does your doormat look like? yellowish fiber mat with a basket of red tulips stenciled on

If you were to attempt to break a Guinness World record to raise money for a charity you support, what record would it be? Most dwarves tossed

Scrabble or Monopoly? Scrabble

Do you fold down the corner of the page to mark your place in the book you are reading? No

How often do you wear a hat? Hardly ever

What is your favorite candy or chocolate bar? Payday or Dove milk choco

What is your most embarrassing "bodily (mal)function" moment? Hershey squirts

What is the most you ever paid for a ticket to an event and what was the event? 100.00 for the Dead? I was rather wrecked so I can't really recall...

What is the first non-English swear word you learned? Tu pu!

How many roads must a man walk down? 42

How many open condiments do you have in your fridge? 10?

Darth Vader or The Terminator? Darth Vadar!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

[*] Which British Children's Show did I plagiarize the thread title from? I have no idea
[*] What's your favorite houseplant? Venus Flytrap: it's a plant! It's a carnivore!
[*] You open the front door and there's a wet, scrawny puppy whimpering on the mat. What do you name it? Depends on who he looks like
[*] You win a free books from the "Idiot's Guide To" series. Which one do you choose? Idiot's Guide to Social Skills
[*] Alaska or Florida 24/7/365? Florida
[*] What does your doormat look like? Brown hair and eyes, 40-something, oh...that's me
[*] If you were to attempt to break a Guinness World record to raise money for a charity you support, what record would it be? Hummus eating
[*] Scrabble or Monopoly? Monopoly
[*] Do you fold down the corner of the page to mark your place in the book you are reading? Yes
[*] How often do you wear a hat? Seldom
[*] What is your favorite candy or chocolate bar? Reeses or Clark Bar
[*] What is your most embarrassing "bodily (mal)function" moment? I fart at will. Will hates it, but you know...there's more room out than in
[*] What is the most you ever paid for a ticket to an event and what was the event? My mom paid a lot for our Lion King tickets, I rarely buy tickets, someone usually is treating
[*] What is the first non-English swear word you learned? bastardo
[*] How many roads must a man walk down? Is he coming to my house? Tell him to go the other way, don't care how many roads it takes him
[*] How many open condiments do you have in your fridge? 2
[*] Darth Vader or The Terminator? Neither
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
glatt

1. Which British Children's Show did I plagiarize the thread title from? () Romper Room?
  2. What's your favorite houseplant? That's easy. The one in the corner that came from my kids preschool. It got infested with an ant colony, so we put it outside on the porch, but then left it out there for too long and the frost killed it, so I put the pot in the basement, and the following soring when I went down there, there was a beatiful fresh green shoot coming up from the root ball. The soil was as dry and hard as a brick, but the plant was regrowing. So I watered it and brought it back upstairs. That was 3 years ago and it's doing wonderfully now.
  3. You open the front door and there's a wet, scrawny puppy whimpering on the mat. What do you name it? Beat it. Scram.
  4. You win a free books from the "Idiot's Guide To" series. Which one do you choose? Gardening. I don't have any gardening books, and a nice how to would be good.
  5. Alaska or Florida 24/7/365? Florida. Alaska would be beautiful, but a difficult life. Florida would be ugly, but it has everything you need.
  6. What does your doormat look like? Some sort of natural fiber brown thing with deep bristles that point up. Looks smart.
  7. If you were to attempt to break a Guinness World record to raise money for a charity you support, what record would it be? String ball.
  8. Scrabble or Monopoly? Scrabble.
  9. Do you fold down the corner of the page to mark your place in the book you are reading? Never. Bookmark.
  10. How often do you wear a hat? 45 times a year.
  11. What is your favorite candy or chocolate bar? Regular milk chocolate M&Ms
  12. What is your most embarrassing "bodily (mal)function" moment? I guess when my fingers slipped while breaking the tail off a lobster, and it flew into my chest.
  13. What is the most you ever paid for a ticket to an event and what was the event? I can't remember. I've probably never gone over $100, because I'm too cheap. Probably something at the Kennedy Center. Peter Pan?
  14. What is the first non-English swear word you learned? sheisse
  15. How many roads must a man walk down? None. You can't force a person to walk. They can just go all limp noodle on you.
  16. How many open condiments do you have in your fridge? 13, including syrups and spreads.
  17. Darth Vader or The Terminator? Vader

Last edited by glatt; 04-14-2011 at 08:12 AM.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
monster

I think this is the best one yet, I likey. I'll wait a little longer before I reveal the correct answers, though
Old 04-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Which British Children's Show did I plagiarize the thread title from? () No Clue. It's not from Doctor Who or Masterpiece Theater, so I don't know

What's your favorite houseplant? Peace Lily I gave momwolf for Valentines Day several years ago.

You open the front door and there's a wet, scrawny puppy whimpering on the mat. What do you name it?

My first answer is why should I name something I can't keep? That being said, I'm very softhearted about dogs, and would keep him and name him Cooper, after my favorite typeface.

You win a free books from the "Idiot's Guide To" series. Which one do you choose?

Idiots Guide To Finding a New Job

Alaska or Florida 24/7/365? Alaska. Florida has Summers all year round.

What does your doormat look like? I am not permitted to have a doormat.

If you were to attempt to break a Guinness World record to raise money for a charity you support, what record would it be?

Internet surfing and general lazing about.

Scrabble or Monopoly? Monopoly

Do you fold down the corner of the page to mark your place in the book you are reading?

Heavens no!!! Sacrilege!! No Hurt Book!!!

How often do you wear a hat? Daily

What is your favorite candy or chocolate bar? Lindt Dark Truffles

What is your most embarrassing "bodily (mal)function" moment? Explosive Diarrhea.

What is the most you ever paid for a ticket to an event and what was the event? Other than Disney? Probably some live theater ... Evita, I think.

What is the first non-English swear word you learned? Scheisse

How many roads must a man walk down? 42

How many open condiments do you have in your fridge? at least half a dozen. Depends on whether you consider butter a condiment.

Darth Vader or The Terminator? Vader.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #10
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
  1. Which British Children's Show did I plagiarize the thread title from? () various Sooty shows
  2. What's your favorite houseplant? Peace lily
  3. You open the front door and there's a wet, scrawny puppy whimpering on the mat. What do you name it? "What's the number for the RSPCA, Mum?"
  4. You win a free books from the "Idiot's Guide To" series. Which one do you choose? Proofreading
  5. Alaska or Florida 24/7/365? WHA?? Both sound hideous. Alaska I guess, because of the weather. But only if I can find some sort of leftie community.
  6. What does your doormat look like? Brown, hairy. It works.
  7. If you were to attempt to break a Guinness World record to raise money for a charity you support, what record would it be? How many mini-marshmallows I can fit up my snatch before I get Toxic Shock Syndrome
  8. Scrabble or Monopoly? Monopoly. I hate anagrams.
  9. Do you fold down the corner of the page to mark your place in the book you are reading? VERY rarely. Public transport give you lovely bookmarks as souvenirs of travel.
  10. How often do you wear a hat? VERY rarely. I'm more likely to be seen in a wig than a hat.
  11. What is your favorite candy or chocolate bar? Hmmm. Picnic?
  12. What is your most embarrassing "bodily (mal)function" moment? Too numerous to mention. Often unnoticed by other people, but attended by deep shame on my part. Quite recently I had to nip into a nearby hostelry to remove bespattered knickers after following through. No-one knew apart from me. Until now.
  13. What is the most you ever paid for a ticket to an event and what was the event? Can't remember the price, but I got good seats for the 'rents to see Turandot. It was the first big staging after the world cup that used it as a theme - it wasn't commonly staged. Cost nearly a month's wages at the time.
  14. What is the first non-English swear word you learned? Merde
  15. How many roads must a man walk down? At least one, in heels.
  16. How many open condiments do you have in your fridge? LOTS. We are a condiment family. At least 10 off the top of my head.
  17. Darth Vader or The Terminator? Darth Vader. With a wet tray.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
SamIam

Which British Children's Show did I plagiarize the thread title from?
Upstairs, Downstairs

What's your favorite houseplant?
Datura

You open the front door and there's a wet, scrawny puppy whimpering on the mat. What do you name it?
Cat Toy

You win a free books from the "Idiot's Guide To" series. Which one do you choose?
The Idiot's Guide to being an annoying old fart

Alaska or Florida 24/7/365?
death

What does your doormat look like?
In need of replacement

If you were to attempt to break a Guinness World record to raise money for a charity you support, what record would it be?
Surfing the Internet for days without sleep

Scrabble or Monopoly?
Scrabble

Do you fold down the corner of the page to mark your place in the book you are reading?
Yes, to my everlasting shame

How often do you wear a hat?
Not as often as I'd like

What is your favorite candy or chocolate bar?
Not much on candy bars. I do like chocolate chip cookies, though

What is your most embarrassing "bodily (mal)function" moment?
The time I was at a dinner party and the hostess handed me a HUGE platter of sweet and sour chicken and I fainted dead away. I came to covered with chicken bits and a kitchen floor decorated with shards of the platter and sticky chicken everywhere.

What is the most you ever paid for a ticket to an event and what was the event?
If I can't crash it, I don't go.

What is the first non-English swear word you learned?
"Pendejo" or "puta" - can't remember which.

How many roads must a man walk down?
Depends on how often he gets picked up hitch-hiking

How many open condiments do you have in your fridge?
I'm scared to look in my fridge

Darth Vader or The Terminator?
It used to be the Terminator until he got elected the Governer of California. Now, it's neither.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #12
monster

Ok all y'all Americans etc fail at cheating on quizzes......
Old 04-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #13
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It's all part of being American. We are the "Fair Play" people rather than the "Stiff Upper Lip" people.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #14
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I couldn't cheat at games if I wanted to...then it isn't winning if you win, not a'tall. Where's the fun in that? I need to be #winning.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #15
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Hang on... when did "stiff upper lip" negate fair play?
It's just not cricket, I tell you!
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote