The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-10-2001, 03:05 PM   #1
kaleidoscopic ziggurat
Coronation Incarnate

Arrow federal reserve conspiracy

hi there... i'm a canadian who has recently stumbled upon a conspiracy theory that i wouldn't mind knowing more (truth) about... it essentially states that the consitution was violated many years ago by the creation of the privately owned federal reserve bank, and furthermore, JFK was assassinated partially due to his attempted eradication of the various legal elements that held this institute in its current place of power.

for the conspiracy:

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/fed_reserve.htm
http://www.vaix.net/~api/jfk.htm
http://www.save-a-patriot.org/files/view/frcourt.html
http://ecclesia.org/lawgiver/nbn2.asp

debunking the conspiracy:

http://members.home.net/flaherty15/conspire.htm

now, as with anything on the intronut - i take it lightly and come to no conclusions. it certainly is a sensational tale, and like any good conspiracy, doesn't seem TOO far-fetched... yet i doubt everything, so i thought i might bring the topic up for discussion here on the only american message board i occasionally speak on...

anyone heard about this? opinions? thoughts? anyone with some economic knowledge able to make sense of some of the basic concepts proposed in some of the pages i listed?

open season... kill the canuck!
kaleidoscopic ziggurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 10:29 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

*shrugs* Everything's a conspiracy these days...

I found something on the ecclesia.org link that is wrong though: The IRS is part of the Department of the Treasury, and is part of the government (as opposed to what was said on that link).

From what I understand of the Fed, it is a bit like the US Postal Service--kinda part of the government, but not really. The Fed helps banks run more smoothly (as many bank transactions run through one of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks), and is essentially the bank for banks. IMO, the Fed also keeps the government from completely running the economy, therefore preserving capitalism.

Love it or hate it, it's capitalism baby! And Greenspan has obviously done enough of a good job that he's been the Chairman for 10,000 years.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 12:11 AM   #3
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Re: federal reserve conspiracy

Quote:
Originally posted by kaleidoscopic ziggurat
... a conspiracy theory that ... states that the consitution was violated many years ago by the creation of the privately owned federal reserve bank, and furthermore, JFK was assassinated partially due to his attempted eradication of the various legal elements that held this institute in its current place of power.

anyone heard about this? opinions? thoughts? anyone with some economic knowledge able to make sense of some of the basic concepts proposed in some of the pages i listed?
Using this reasoning, then the Constitution is currently being violated as the US military attacks Afghanistan. Or the Constitution is violated every 15 April when taxes are paid. Even worse, the intent of the founding fathers was violated when the US signed Treaties - the term 'foreign entanglements' - such as NATO.

You would be far more accurate to blame Kennedy's death on retaliation from Castro or a right wing government plot to keep the US from withdrawing from Viet Nam. At least those conspiracy theories are based upon accurately dipicted emotions of that time.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 05:56 AM   #4
serge

How about this for conspiracy?

The whole thing was masterminded by GOP of NY and their higher ups for:

1) Electing Bloomberg as NYC mayor.
2) New orders for DOD.
3) Helping to bring about "Biblical apocalypse."
4) General deterioration of civil liberties, promotion of totalitarian theocracy. (recent ex: "Only way to uphold our democracy is to shut up and follow orders" "National day of Prayer.." good way to shut those 9%)

Don't say this is crazy when you're serving 25yrs on an Alaskan oil field.
Old 10-11-2001, 06:06 AM   #5
jaguar
whig

Well its ironic for bushcritters to tlak about upholding democracy all things considered..