The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #91
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
No, what we have is a poster who got all shitty FOR NO REASON. They got called out for it. Self monitoring at its best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
classic - FFS, go kick a pillow or something, wouldja?
Yeh I'M the problem. You gotta be outta your friggin mind. Read the posts between Juni, Grav and Shaw. Then read how Dani tried to whitewash it over. (IMO, out of kindness)
I called it like I saw it, and still see it. A poster got all shitty and got smacked down for it. Not like it's never been me on the shitty end.
Then the uncalled for "crassic" comment by monnie and now finally you to pick me out of all that to bitch about. lol - Grav said it best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I guess, according to Shaw, unless you're dead, dying, killing yourself, or eating pills like M&Ms, you just can't be depressed.

Either that, or it's a case of "Nobody's Depresseder Than Me".
Quote:
give it a rest!
I asked to be banned for a month because of this kind of bullshit. In case you haven't noticed, I haven't posted much since then. In other words - I'm already doing that. So go pick on, bitch at, or fuck with somebody else.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #92
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Then the uncalled for "crassic" comment by monnie

some things just come back to bite you in the crassic.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #93
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
In case you haven't noticed, I haven't posted much since then. In other words - I'm already doing that. So go pick on, bitch at, or fuck with somebody else.
you haven't posted "much since then" but when you do post it's this same old, same old, how mean someone is or how you applaud how one of your buddies smacked down one of your Blue Meanies (me, Shaw, monnie...whoever rubs you the wrong way that day or week or month)

It's soooooooooooooooooooo predictable and BORING - so, yeah, I'll feel free to bitch about it.

How come you're allowed to come out of nowhere to make a nasty comment but I'm supposed to leave you alone? Double standard much, eh?

go fuck yourself classic. You're a tool.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #94
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Yeh I'M Read the posts between Juni, Grav and Shaw. Then read how Dani tried to whitewash it over. (IMO, out of kindness)
I didn't try to whitewash anything. I just pointd out what was bleeding obvious to me and should be fucking obvious to anybody with an ounce of common sense and understanding about depression: this had become a thread full of variously depressed people arguing about depression. One of the things that seemed pretty fucking clear from much that was posted by us all was that depressed people sometimes alienate themselves from friends and family by acting in an anti-social or overly touchy/aggressive manner. Seemed pretty clear to me given the tone of some of that discussion that this was what was going on here.

The person you are pointing fingers at explicitly referred to herself as 'too touchy' on this subject. Both she and I butted heads because we each misread the other and were too touchy and defensive about our respective positions. Not too much of a stretch to think that maybe this person is acting that way because they are depressed. Just as maybe someone else took offense quickly because they were depressed and so on and so on.

This seems a perfectly expected and understandable outcome to such a conversation. Not therefore unreasonable to quietly consider that maybe this disagreement is itself an expression of depression from various actors.

Ffs.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #95
classicman

Quote:
you haven't posted "much since then" but when you do post it's this same old, same old, how mean someone is or how you applaud how one of your buddies smacked down one of your Blue Meanies (me, Shaw, monnie...whoever rubs you the wrong way that day or week or month)

It's soooooooooooooooooooo predictable and BORING - so, yeah, I'll feel free to bitch about it.

How come you're allowed to come out of nowhere to make a nasty comment but I'm supposed to leave you alone? Double standard much, eh?

go fuck yourself classic. You're a tool.
Blue meanies? WTF is that?
No double standard at all. I expected nothing different from you. Your opinion of me has no validity in my life, nor mine in yours, I'm sure. Funny how you find it so easy to see only what you want to see regarding my posts this year. You conveniently missed reality though. Thats ok. See whatever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I didn't try to whitewash anything.

This seems a perfectly expected and understandable outcome to such a conversation. Not therefore unreasonable to quietly consider that maybe this disagreement is itself an expression of depression from various actors.

Ffs.
Poor choice of words on my part - (whitewash) I even went so far as to say you did it out of kindness. Guess I read your post wrong.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #96
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Fair enough Classic. No harm no foul :P

I still think though, that regardless of how stuff plays out in other parts of the board, if there's one place a depressed dwellar should be able to expect that they might get cut a little slack and have people understand and not run a mile when they blow, it is in a thread full of depressed people.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #97
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

A Blue Meanie - most famously the Baddies in Yellow Submarine (a movie, classic, a movie with the Beatles in it? The recording group?)

I use it here to refer to any group or individual that you, and only you, decide need a stick-poking by you. Stop being a ninny.

and I don't need my reality ok'd by you. You are a dick to Shawnee - you have been for quite some time now. Leave it alone already.

You come off looking like a desperate housewife with all this drama.

(and I know from drama!)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #98
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I think it is like a sore tooth for him, he just can't stop from poking it with his tongue.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #99
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Ewwwwwwww!
No wonder Shaw gets so mad.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #100
classicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Fair enough Classic. No harm no foul :P

I still think though, that regardless of how stuff plays out in other parts of the board, if there's one place a depressed dwellar should be able to expect that they might get cut a little slack and have people understand and not run a mile when they blow, it is in a thread full of depressed people.
I agree - That brings us back to her shitting on Juni FOR NO REASON. We've come full circle. The only difference is that some of you, not you specifically, give her extra slack and give some other posters zero. That's fine - their herd mentality is alive and well.

Only one or two more and the clique will be complete ... again. zzzzzzzzzzz
Old 02-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #101
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Bleurgh.
Nothing against you personally Classic. I just hate this pity party.
Grav pulled it the other day, for no reason I could ascertain. Lamp flounced out with the same poison pen.

Over the years I've heard it from people of all different beliefs and posting styles during different Cellar cycles. And aside from some simple personal animosity (some of which I did see as unfair) I have never been able to identify the factions and baying mobs which individuals have felt the need to take a stand against.

Why can't posters here understand that the vast majority of people here DO NOT have a vendetta? I've met Dana IRL. She is the last person I can imagine being part of a herd. If she posts you'd better believe it comes from her own opinions. Now me - I'm rarely confrontational, but I certainly don't think I'm a brown-noser r a bandwagon-jumper. I am going out of my comfort zone with this post because I'm tired of the whining.

If this place has really become so intolerable, with The Bitches ganging up on you, why are you still here? And no, that is not a suggestion to go, it's meant to question all the conspiracy theorists out there re why they are so wound up about something so tenuous.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #102
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

edit: never mind,

It's time for the cellar piñata with antidepressants, anti anxiety, pot and whatever.

Not sure what I am hoping for.

Last edited by skysidhe; 02-05-2011 at 03:23 PM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #103
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

But that's the thing - I defend my position because I am making a rather contentious post, but it's not that I feel I am being personally attacked. It's that I feel a blanket attack is being made against an imaginary coterie.

To venture an opinion "on the side" of any of these Dwellars is to be branded a member of the herd. Which does not and cannot lead to open opinions and posting styles. It's making reading posts unpleasant and making me second guess who I respond to, how and why.

Okay I'm done.
Not leaving, just backing off the subject because I'll end up getting shrill and that won't help my case.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #104
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Open opinions and posting styles? You jest.

I am kidding, although I do try not to be too open. It's too easy to let a personal thought slip through the fingers, when irl, we may never have said such a thing.

( thread drift )

On the internet it is different trying to find your personal space boundaries and those of others.People either want drama, sensationalism, or peach and vanilla discourse.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #105
classicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I just hate this pity party.
Grav pulled it the other day, for no reason I could ascertain. Lamp flounced out with the same poison pen.
Nope - no pity party desired at all. just a response to a question. I am here less and less for the same reason that some others others have left. I just posted it. Others have not. They disappear without a thought by the rest.

Quote:
She is the last person I can imagine being part of a herd.
Dana and I are fine - I did not mean to imply that she was anything of the sort. I am sure she knows that.

Quote:
If this place has really become so intolerable, with The Bitches ganging up on you, why are you still here?
Hmm - curious that you used that phrase.

Why am I still here? been asking myself that for months. There were a lot of people here with whom I enjoyed interacting. Lately, not so much. I think my post count reflects that.

Last edited by classicman; 02-05-2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: grammar, I think.
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote