FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #3706
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Well I'm done at Cornerstone now.
I had a good cry after getting my Care Assessment Plan.
It is indeed one visit every fortnight.
I imagine it'll be a tough time as you become accustomed to the change. You're in my thoughts, SG. Hang in there!
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #3707
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
The last time I was rear-ended, I did call my insurance and they laughed at me--"Wait, he rear-ended you, right? Call his insurance." Choco's insurance shouldn't be involved at all unless it turns out the guy is uninsured.
Didn't we already have a thread about getting rear-ended?

If I didn't, somebody else would.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #3708
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
Don't forget about any medical reprecussion Choc. You might not start feeling any pain for a few days, or even longer, but you should get checked out yourself. I would go the insurance route, especially if the other guy has insurance. Even if he doesn't and you're willing to let him pay cash, I wouldn't settle on an amount until you're sure you didn't get injured.
I echo that. I was injured in an accident, and I STILL have problems with my neck and back because of it. Those kinds of things do not always show up right away, and they are expensive to treat. From the damage you describe, it sounds like he hit you pretty hard.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #3709
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
...I guess we have to keep an eye on this headache Choco has developed today as well, which we're fairly certain is just stress related. If not, that's absolutely nothing for an out of pocket expense.

Oh, yeah, we do have rental coverage as well. Adjuster is dropping by to take a look on Monday.
Not to scare you or anything, but Natasha Richardson died recently after developing a headache after a skiing accident where she hit her head. Choco should go get checked out asap. You really do not want to screw with injuries like that. It could be nothing, or it could be something, and the sooner she is treated the better.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #3710
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

my son treats me like shit.

he really does. it makes me a stew of sadness and angery...Angry, sad stew. and I love my son, but; wow. He can really wipe his shoes on me like I'm some doormat. Brings up a lot of feelings....
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #3711
sugarpop
Professor

Damn Bri. *hugs*
Old 04-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #3712
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

thanks. I guess it's typical 17 year-old stuff; but it's ALSO the way I've let him treat me all these guilty years...

my fault, of course.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 04-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #3713
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Bri, my stepson does the same exact thing to his father. I hate to see it, but am powerless to change it. Gary lets him walk all over him too.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #3714
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

man.

phone call from the son who is with a friend at another friend's house. Time: 11.00.

"Mom, I hit my head pretty bad on some monkey bars (playing nighttime tag) and I've got a big gash in my head..."

Me, just waking up..."uh.....ok....I'll come get you."

I get the kid. I am obliged to take kid to his father's house so the MAN can decide what course of action to take (remember, I am the unreliabe and crazy AND newly recovering from god-only-knows-what THIS time ex-wife). I have JUST been woken out of a sound sleep. Father decides I am drunk or high and tells me to leave the boy and the friend with him, he'll take kid to ED and I should just run along home.

I feel two things: mad because he thinks i'm high when really I'm just sleep-sodden, and like, well, I deserve this treatment as I haven't been the driven snow all my life, now, have I?

—James Barrie

Old 04-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #3715
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

*hugs* Bri. Just gotta stand up to it, as hard as that might be, and remember it is not for forever. It is typical teenage stuff. *more hugs*

SG- we're here for you, and believe in you!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #3716
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
my son treats me like shit.

he really does. it makes me a stew of sadness and angery...Angry, sad stew. and I love my son, but; wow. He can really wipe his shoes on me like I'm some doormat. Brings up a lot of feelings....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
Bri, my stepson does the same exact thing to his father. I hate to see it, but am powerless to change it. Gary lets him walk all over him too.
Leaving aside the marginally useful subject of blame for the moment....

Let me first say, I'm so sorry to hear this. It is unpleasant, having experienced it firsthand myself.

But I want to ask you this: When will it be better time for him to learn the proper way to interact? When will the habits become less ingrained? When will the accumulated hurt be less? Decide when that time is and ACT at that time.

I don't know your sons. I don't know *how* to communicate the importance of respect to them. But you and I both know it is important, even if he doesn't know it or won't acknowledge it. And seventeen is probably old enough to possess the maturity to understand. So he can learn. He needs to know right and act right. And it will be a hard, and likely long battle.

Think of it as a gift to them. Be strong, show them the way. You can do it, and they need you to show them.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:53 PM   #3717
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
man.

phone call from the son who is with a friend at another friend's house. Time: 11.00.

"Mom, I hit my head pretty bad on some monkey bars (playing nighttime tag) and I've got a big gash in my head..."

Me, just waking up..."uh.....ok....I'll come get you."

I get the kid. I am obliged to take kid to his father's house so the MAN can decide what course of action to take (remember, I am the unreliabe and crazy AND newly recovering from god-only-knows-what THIS time ex-wife). I have JUST been woken out of a sound sleep. Father decides I am drunk or high and tells me to leave the boy and the friend with him, he'll take kid to ED and I should just run along home.

I feel two things: mad because he thinks i'm high when really I'm just sleep-sodden, and like, well, I deserve this treatment as I haven't been the driven snow all my life, now, have I?

Why didn't/couldn't you take him straight to the ER?
Old 04-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #3718
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Who here has behaved in a way that makes them ineligible for basic human respect?!

No one.

If your child behaved badly would you lose your respect for them? Would you counsel them to not expect to be respected? To shun it? To reject it?

Do not model such behavior for them. Show them how to deserve respect. Even if it means showing them how to earn it after it has been lost.

eta:
I sound like a preachy m*therf*cker. I don't mean to be preachy or self righteous. I'm not. I just know that kids, even seventeen year old kids, need limits. Limits are crucial for a kid's well being and proper development. The world, (of which they have had limited experience) is a largely unknown place, and many of the places where they *think* they know, they're misled. From the playground talk to marketing poison, they're surrounded with misinformation. And at seventeen, they can do an impeccable job of appearing to know what the f*ck is going on. Don't be misled. They might be partly right, by talent or accident. But they don't have it all nailed. And treating their parents like shit is part of the wrongheadedness, for whatever reason. They want to know the right way. Even if they protest otherwise.

--zippin my lip.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:03 PM   #3719
Jill
Colonist Extraordinaire

At the moment what's upsetting me is my tummy. Blech. Chicken soup, matzoh and tea for dinner tonight.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:06 AM   #3720
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Oh I know Big V. I established boundaries with this kid very early on in the marriage. He knows what gets him in trouble with me and he knows that I always mean business. Therefore, I really get very little lip from him...or at least for not as long. His Dad is another story. Its like a practiced dialogue with the two of them. Gary gets angry and theres tons of yelling, but the boy yells right back. THAT drives me insane. As soon as the kid raises his voice to me he is in for it...I ground him or take the keys away. Gary seems to allow it. *shrugs*

Last edited by Pico and ME; 04-19-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss