The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-02-2019, 09:18 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

September Sharing......

z) In which pocket do you usually keep your phone? Or do have an alternate place for it ( )
y) What is the most useful condiment in your fridge?
x) Was that thunder?
w) What new skill do you plan to acquire in the next year? Or which skill do you plan to improve or what new experience do you plan to have?
v) How often do you wear baseball caps?
u) What is your favorite type of cheese?
t) If your obit was a haiku, what would the first line be?
s) What color was your first car?
r) Did I win?
Old 09-02-2019, 10:16 PM   #2
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

z) In which pocket do you usually keep your phone? Or do have an alternate place for it ( )
Purse outer pocket, unless I'm wearing jeans, but those are strictly Nov-Feb only in these parts.

Chipotle aioli, probably. That's the one we go through the most, anyway. But the ketchup is also cool because it's the one I don't have to make myself. But if i could only keep one, I'd keep the aioli.

x) Was that thunder?
I wish.

w) What new skill do you plan to acquire in the next year? Or which skill do you plan to improve or what new experience do you plan to have?
Not motivated enough right now to answer this one in the spirit it was intended, unfortunately. I'd be thrilled with a return to normal experiences, please and thank you.

Once or twice a year, basically only at water parks.

The chipotle flavor from Sartori. But really, all of the above.

My God, she was old

Blue

r) Did I win?
Fer sure.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:49 AM   #3
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

x) Was that thunder?

No, it's 1am, so those are motorcycles.

Holding my shit together while everyone else is losing it. This is a skill I've recently gained, and I know I will be applying it in the times to come.

How often do I shower? If I didn't shower, I am wearing a cap.

Whatever I last bought that was more expensive than sammich slices. In this case, goat gouda. I imagine it's not really gouda if it's made with goats milk, but it's very good.

Fatherless, aimless,

None more black

r) Did I win?

This question suggests that there is a competition. And there is; humanity arranges itself into hierarchies, as a matter of simple instinct. But at the same time, just by being a contributing member of humanity, you have already won. You are conscious, you have the spark of what we might call divinity. This is regardless of one's relationship to a God which might be considered the source of divinity; in actual fact, you are the source of this divinity. And as you take care of yourself and your family, friends, and the whole human race, you are an important part of what the entire idea of "winning" is.

Your free will and your understanding gives you a special and uniquely important place in the world. The rest of us are forced to recognize that, in a way; if asked, your continued existence would be considered a wonderful thing by almost all people everywhere, even as they don't know you personally. Yes. You won.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:27 PM   #4
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

z) In which pocket do you usually keep your phone? Or do have an alternate place for it ( ) Chest pocket of my t-shirt. Any other time it's in the cup holder of GC1. Or on the bedside table.

y) What is the most useful condiment in your fridge? Sweet baby Ray's BBQ sauce.

x) Was that thunder? No, I had a thought.

w) What new skill do you plan to acquire in the next year? Or which skill do you plan to improve or what new experience do you plan to have? End of life planning.

v) How often do you wear baseball caps? Every time I leave the house.

u) What is your favorite type of cheese? Burger.

t) If your obit was a haiku, what would the first line be? There once was a bastidge called Gravdigr

s) What color was your first car? "Signal Orange". He said in blue.

r) Did I win? You've won so many times.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:40 PM   #5
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
This question suggests that there is a competition. And there is; humanity arranges itself into hierarchies, as a matter of simple instinct. But at the same time, just by being a contributing member of humanity, you have already won. You are conscious, you have the spark of what we might call divinity. This is regardless of one's relationship to a God which might be considered the source of divinity; in actual fact, you are the source of this divinity. And as you take care of yourself and your family, friends, and the whole human race, you are an important part of what the entire idea of "winning" is.

Your free will and your understanding gives you a special and uniquely important place in the world. The rest of us are forced to recognize that, in a way; if asked, your continued existence would be considered a wonderful thing by almost all people everywhere, even as they don't know you personally. Yes. You won.
Plus, she didn't mention the game.

But yeah. You're on the right side of the dirt line.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:50 PM   #6
monster

Well some people win and some people lose, but some people who are apparently winners are assholes, and some people called "losers" are solid a1 humans so I never figured out what made the difference/what he game was ...or which one I want to be.... and some people say there's strength in asking for help, so ....
Old 09-04-2019, 09:02 AM   #7
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

But despite the fact that humanity arranges itself into hierarchies, and it is in your DNA to do that as well and to always consider your place in the hierarchy, it's also important not to compare yourself to anyone, other than the person you were yesterday. Our vision of other people is clouded by our own instinct for hierarchy, and our concern for our place in the hierarchy, and we fail to see other people's entire condition. We judge other people for their successes and we judge ourselves by our faults.

Richard Cory
by Edwin Arlington Robinson

Whenever Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.

And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.

And he was rich—yes, richer than a king—
And admirably schooled in every grace:
In fine, we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in his place.

So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 02:48 AM   #8
Hagar
Master of the Domain

z) In which pocket do you usually keep your phone? Or do have an alternate place for it?
Back left in jeans, front left in trousers.

Sriracha sauce

x) Was that thunder?
I hope so, we really need the rain.

I used to make stained glass windows, and I've taken on a project to complete early next year. My skills are very rusty.

Couple of times a month

u) What is your favourite type of cheese?
Comte. I feel like a complete wanker saying that, but it's just sooo good. It's a sometimes cheese.

Kinda quiet and shy

s) What colour was your first car?
Ford Monza Red, Black Trim (1970 MkII Cortina) I miss that car so much.

r) Did I win?
Yep. You prompted me to post for the first time in years, so if that's winning...
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #9
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Yep. You prompted me to post for the first time in years, so if that's winning...
hurrah!
Old 09-06-2019, 06:55 AM   #10
Griff
still says videotape

In which pocket do you usually keep your phone? Side pocket, work pants.
y) What is the most useful condiment in your fridge? Franks
x) Was that thunder? No, beans.
w) What new skill do you plan to acquire in the next year? I'm learning an entirely new job this year.
v) How often do you wear baseball caps? Most days.
u) What is your favorite type of cheese? Parm.
t) If your obit was a haiku, what would the first line be? a grouchy sumbitch
s) What color was your first car? blue
r) Did I win? Let's ask Johnny.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:25 AM   #11
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

z) In which pocket do you usually keep your phone? Or do have an alternate place for it?

Shirt pocket. It's only an old 'clockwork' phone. It'll do there.

HP Brown Sauce. S'fiscated, or what?

x) Was that thunder?

No, it was the neighbour attempting to start his lawn mower... again!

Living another year and as many as I can after that.

How dare you! It's a bowler at all times. Except at Royal Ascot when it's a topper of course.

u) What is your favourite type of cheese?

Double Gloucester. There's a slab in the fridge since you ask. (Next to the HP Sauce).

I'm not going. See (w) above.

s) What colour was your first car?

A quite disgusting shade of yellow of which I am utterly ashamed. I'm even more ashamed to admit that it was French.

r) Did I win?

No, I haven't got enough stuff yet.