Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #91
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirell nutkin View Post
He's a
48. noun douchebag
my 9yo boy called my 6yo boy a douchebag this evening. we have a rule.. if you know what it means and you use it in context, it's your call. otherwise you don't use it. Was glad to find out an apology was required.

Thing is, we do not censor our language around the house (well I don't anyway), but this is not a word either beest or I use. But they hear it on the radio station we listen to, if we don't turn it off fast enough when they come into the room.
moral of the story: if you want your kids to not use "bad" words, use them. In some situations, they "learn' by rebellion
Old 10-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #92
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

totally. i cuss around my kids

somehow, they just know not to say those words.
it's like they're people or something
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #93
Treasenuak
Multiorgasmic and wrapped in plastic

-sighs- I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact my child's first word is going to be either "bitch" or "fuck". They're the words she hears most from me
Treasenuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #94
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

My parents cussed around us. We were not to. In fact I remember once saying "dang" and dad said it sounded too much like "damn."

Eh, they're just words made up of letters that someone decided a long time ago were "bad." Certainly you don't want a child running around cussing, but most parents teach their children well in this aspect, I've found.

I found this nice little article about Bill Cosby's early standup.

Bill Cosby: Himself is one of the first -- only -- standup comedy films that your parents found just as funny as you did when you were 10. Cosby is such a skilled comedian, his riffs on a visit to the dentist, going through childbirth with your wife and recovering from a night of heavy drinking pretty much destroyed the topics for future comedians; no one was going to top Cosby, and everybody knew it. And this is not the sanitized Fat Albert Cosby either. When he talked about believing, up to the age of 12, that his brother's name was "Jesus Christ!" and his name was "Goddammit!" because the expletives were the only ways his father ever referred to them, the laughs had real bite. Twenty years later, it's a shock to see Cosby talking about parental abuse, alcoholism and, most memorably, cocaine ("See, the thing is," he recalls a man telling him, "cocaine enhances my personality." Cosby responds, "Yeah, but what if you're an asshole?")

Years of Jell-O commercials have filtered Cosby in the public consciousness into a crotchety, Cardigan-sweatered kids-do-the-craziest-thing caricature, but he was the pro's pro. Even more than longtime nemesis Richard Pryor, he was an influence on every comedian who followed him. And though it might seem corny, Cosby told truths that every family had faced, unsanitized but still clean, smart without ever pandering. Long live The Breathing Cosbys!

[/hijack..oh, HI, jack!]
Old 10-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #95
glatt

I pretty much stopped swearing when we had kids.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #96
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

The Reveal: The first item is the text we used. The next post will be your version.

Revelation 6 (21st Century King James Version)
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

Revelation 6
1And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals; and I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder, one of the four living beings saying, "Come and see!"

2And I saw, and behold, a white horse, and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him, and he went forth conquering and to conquer.

3And when He had opened the second seal, I heard the second living being say, "Come and see!"

4And there went out another horse that was red; and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, that they should kill one another; and there was given unto him a great sword.

5And when He had opened the third seal, I heard the third living being say, "Come and see!" And I beheld, and lo, a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living beings say, "A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine!"

7And when He had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living being say, "Come and see!"

8And I looked, and behold, a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over a fourth part of the earth to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

9And when He had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the Word of God, and for the testimony which they held.

10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost Thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?"

11And white robes were given unto every one of them, and it was said unto them that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants and also their brethren, who were to be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

12And I beheld when He had opened the sixth seal, and lo, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13and the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs when she is shaken by a mighty wind.

14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #97
Cicero

In red are your contributions!

Mad Cellar Revelations!
1And I saw when the Lamb farted one of the seals; and I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder, one of the four dank beings saying, "Come and see!"

2And I saw, and behold, a musty horse, and he that ate on him had a bow; and a corn was given unto him, and he went forth squatting and to conquer.

3And when He had opened the second seal, I heard the second living being say, "Come and shriek!"

4And there went out another horse that was manky; and power was given to him that sift thereon to take peace from the earth, that they should kill one another; and there was given unto him a great toy soldier.

5And when He had opened the third seal, I heard the third living being say, "Come and see!" And I beheld, and lo, a cheese filled brown; and he that sat on him had a pair of mice in his hand.

6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four whacking beings say, "A measure of house for a penny, and three measures of dog for a penny; and see thou paint not the oil and the wine!"

7And when He had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living bicycle say, "Fall and Rub!"

8And I looked, and behold, a wet horse, and his name that bounce on him was Death, and Hell shat with him. And nipple was given unto them over a fourth part of the earth to kill with coffin, and with hunger, and with death, and with the tits of the earth.

9And when He had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the melons the souls of them that were slain for the Word of Mello Yello, and for the testimony which they bolloxed.

10And they cried with a slimy God, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost Thou not fix(ing) and neutralize (ing) our blood on them that dwell on the earth?"

11And independent capybara were given unto every one of them, and it was said unto them that they should rest yet for a little season, until their shaved servants and also their brethren, who were to be killed as they were, should be flummoxed.

12And I elated when He had opened the sixth seal, and lo, there was a intense earthquake, and the sun became as flappable sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as fishbowl;

13and the stars of heaven buttfucked unto the mouth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs when she is shaken by a serene knight.

14And the heaven departed as a earlobe when it is rolled together, and every mountain and bottle were moved out of their places.

Woa...I am going to tell Phelps on you guys!!! All ye sinners! lol! Silly....
Old 10-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #98
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

"Fall and Rub!"~~ the tits of the earth

[lol]....stars of heaven buttfucked unto the mouth....[/.lol]
Old 10-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #99
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

the cellar: "Fall and Rub!"

the cellar: herein lieth the tits of the earth
Old 10-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #100
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post

[lol]....stars of heaven buttfucked unto the mouth....[/.lol]

LOL!
OOOh jeez. What a terrible time awaits......DooooM!
Old 10-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #101
Treasenuak
Multiorgasmic and wrapped in plastic

LOL!! Nice, Cicero and contributing Cellarites!!
Treasenuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #102
monster

Ok I think I have the hang of it, can i do one? pls?
Old 10-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #103
monster

and if not, can i suggest a text?
Old 10-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #104
Cicero

Go ahead Monstah! Be my guest! Do one up!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #105
monster

ok, give me 10 or so ...I have to check a kid's room for bogeymen/kittens