The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 12-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #151
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Yep, thats why we wear blinders when we go - we call it the trough because of how the majority of its patrons fill their plates to heaping and (from the looks of them) have done it several plates too many. (This is middle hoosierland, ya know)

Ours does pretty good...the food seems really fresh - not canned or frozen.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #152
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
or sneezed upon?
Old 12-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #153
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Sneeze guards are nothing to sneeze at!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #154
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

I try not to think about that.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #155
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Face it, if we really thought about ANY of our food, we'd never have an appetite. Best to keep it in the golden light.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #156
bbro
Insert witty comment here

I figured I would resurrect this thread because I really loved my breakfast this morning

I made egg salad with 1.5 eggs, 1/2 tbsp mayo, salt, pepper and paprika on a piece of toast and 1 cup of milk. I am going to have the same thing tomorrow, but I think I will have some ham with it, too.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #157
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Hamburger Casserole made w/ground venison instead of hamburger.

I know, I know...casserole for breakfast? But, breakfast will be served at like 2:30pm. -ish.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #158
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Casserole may become supper. Egg salad sounds pretty damn good right about now.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #159
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Bagel, Blueberry, Toasted.

Half Philadelphia Cream Cheese

Half Mennonite Store Bulk Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
(I get it in three pound tubs)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #160
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro View Post
I figured I would resurrect this thread because I really loved my breakfast this morning

I made egg salad with 1.5 eggs, 1/2 tbsp mayo, salt, pepper and paprika on a piece of toast and 1 cup of milk. I am going to have the same thing tomorrow, but I think I will have some ham with it, too.
hey bbro

serious question. did you really make an egg salad with 1.5 eggs? why not two eggs? tomorrow will you use the remaining half egg and another whole egg for the encore meal? I'm not trying to be a smartass, I have been cooking a LONG time, I'm a pretty good cook, but one area I have trouble with is portion control. Egg salad seems like one of those things I just can't make ONE portion of, like making one serving of spaghetti or something. Is that the key, ratios that include dividing eggs? that seems like a lot of trouble. I would (I'm sure this is the root of the problem I just described) just make it with three eggs and save half if I knew it was needed for tomorrow's breakfast. Actually I'd have probably eaten the whole thing, leading to other, weightier problems, but that is a related but different story.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #161
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I was wondering about the 1-1/2 egg thing too ... my standard egg salad sandwich is 2 eggs.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #162
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
hey bbro

serious question. did you really make an egg salad with 1.5 eggs? why not two eggs? tomorrow will you use the remaining half egg and another whole egg for the encore meal? I'm not trying to be a smartass, I have been cooking a LONG time, I'm a pretty good cook, but one area I have trouble with is portion control. Egg salad seems like one of those things I just can't make ONE portion of, like making one serving of spaghetti or something. Is that the key, ratios that include dividing eggs? that seems like a lot of trouble. I would (I'm sure this is the root of the problem I just described) just make it with three eggs and save half if I knew it was needed for tomorrow's breakfast. Actually I'd have probably eaten the whole thing, leading to other, weightier problems, but that is a related but different story.
BigV/Wolf - Yes - that is exactly what I plan on doing tomorrow morning for breakfast. As for why 1.5? Two seemed too many and one didn't seem like enough.

I don't know if splitting the eggs first is the key to portion control, but it is definitely helpful. It is easier to figure out a single portion if everything from the beginning is only for one portion than trying to make multiple servings and splitting it. With things like pasta, I weigh out the dry portion first, then cook. If I am making multiple servings, I weigh them all out, then when it is cooked, I know exactly how many servings I have and separate them immediately. That helps, too

Don't get me wrong - I have issues with portion control, too. Weight watchers helped and now I am doing SparkPeople, so I still have to track every bit that goes in my mouth. The tracking helps a lot. You don't want to have to go back and scratch out your healthy single serving and add to it.

Just my opinion, though Hope that all makes sense
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #163
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Raspberries! But first I gotta go out to the backyard to pick 'em...
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #164
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Yesterday morning we all had a Traditional Breakfast at the Reedcutter's Restaurant which was the main eatery on the caravan site we've been staying on.
We had to be out of our caravan at 10.00, so we were up at 07.00 and ready to leave by 08.30.

Would have been even earlier, but Mum & Dad - well, Mum - told me off about the racket I was making, opening and closing doors. "Just not fair" at that time of the morning. Oddly, Mum said, "It's ten to eight now, we don't need to worry about being quiet." I only include that because the timing is bizarre, and in fact tells me that Mum was fed up with creeping about and sod the neighbours. Please note, there was room to park two cars (one and a half?) between each caravan.

It was payday, so brekkers was my treat. Two rashers of bacon, sausage, fried egg, beans, hash brown and fried bread. I had toast instead of fried bread - I do love a place that understand substitution.

No pics, I've reigned myself in on those.
Just a bit of feedback.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #165
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Well shoot, Sundae I think a lot of us appreciate your pictures...especially the food ones. Who would give feedback otherwise?