The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-02-2009, 12:21 AM   #16
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Style? What is this style you mention in connection with hair?
Hot weather the hair goes, cold weather the hair grows.

The last time I shaved (my face) was December 31st, 1969.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 01-02-2009 at 12:34 AM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #17
Juniper
I know, right?

3 years ago it was kinda-sorta short. Looked nice and tame, made me look like a respectable professional gal. I had a portrait photo taken then, which I use for self-promo - on the website, and on the rare occasion I get an article published for which they want a photo. Then I let it grow out and now it's sort of a "shag." I like it better this way.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:06 AM   #18
Stress Puppy
Elite Elitist

I've been buzzing my head with no guard for at least four years now. I've attempted to try something different, growing my hair out or something. But every time I do, it just gets too itchy and I end up buzzing it off again.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:50 AM   #19
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I change my hair every 3-4 months.
Even in this style I sometimes tong it curly, or back-comb it, or change the parting.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:58 AM   #20
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Hair. Hmm. Been pretty much the way it currently is for years. From time to time I let it grow a little, with some vague notion of having long hair...I get halfway to that goal and remember why I prefer it cropped. That happens about once every couple of years.

I don't go in much for hair products or blow drying. I like my hair short enough that I can wet it and muss it with my fingers and that's that. If I'm going out somewhere special I dig out the hair dryer (and ancient heavy as fuck monstrosity bought for a fiver down the car boot sale). I suppose it varies as to whether I go for spikes or not. Sometimes I go very, very short at the cut and let it grow awhile. Other times I get a little cut off and go a bit feathery.

Used to change colours with alarming regularity, but my skin doesn't like me doing that lol. I guess the last time I went for something totally radical, was about 12 or 13 years ago when I went from shoulder length to cropped.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #21
Griff
still says videotape

I had been buzzing to like 3/8" but the last couple times I've gone 1/8." I used to wear it baldy but without any tan it looks too nasty this time of year.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:25 AM   #22
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I just get too lazy to make an appt. I wait until I"m about ready to shave my head...then get it cut. I have a lot of hair but it's baby fine...so after awhile it just lays there (ya know, like I do) if not layered.

So, I am on the lookout for new hair. Perhaps we'll do a before/after. Right now it's just past my shoulders with very little layering except for growing out bangs.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #23
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

1978. Went from very long to military short. Over the years it has moved to a ultra short to shaved look. I like it shaved but it is a bit labor intensive.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:20 AM   #24
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

Its been far too long... i've nagged Flint for months and he finally said to make an apt with someone else... dammnit. That means I have to pay for the cut and a sitter.

The last Major change I made was in 2005 when I went from having dreadlocks to very very short hair... that stood in a faux hawk all on its own... and required styling product to talk it into a less styled look.

I am looking for someone to give me a nice yet severe swing bob... I want it cut up to my occipital in the back... follow along my jaw line, but drop very dramatically to my bangs which nearly touch my shoulders...
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #25
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I have the post cancer, post -chemo curly hair and I HATE it! HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!

I look like a middle-aged woman who isn't quite sure she wants everyone to know she's gay but she is so totally gay. Know what I mean?

but, it's better than the 'do I had last year. The worst was having no eyebrows or lashes. It really makes you look like a moon-face; a featureless white blob. Unless you are black or brown, then you'd look like a featureless black or brown blob. Not good, either way.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #26
Griff
still says videotape

Totally. My Mom was prematurely gray/white before her chemo and it came back kinda dark gray wavy. It just didn't look like her hair.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:29 PM   #27
theotherguy
no not that other guy, the other one

I once went from hair to my shoulders to a crew cut that I rarely took the time to make it stand up correctly. I get it cut short and then don't get another cut for about 2 months. I usually like it about a month from the cut, wait another month - hate it, get it cut short - hate it, then wait. A vicious cycle.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #28
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I already have to cut my bangs again. I'm going to do it myself because I am being economical. I just added 30 percent more maintenance to my daily routine. This sucks. But it does hide a large forehead....It's working for me...

I did it to look more feminine as that is what my ex was demanding. I got the cut and he didn't even notice.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #29
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Is it too soon for me to call him a twat, cic? :P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #30
sugarpop
Professor

I keep it looong. the main way I change it is with having bangs, not having bangs, or having layers and not having layers. I used to chop it off and wear it reaaally short. Wish I still could. Can't. I will periodically cut 4 or 5 inches off. then I feel naked. But, it's still very long.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote