The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 05-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #106
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
Thats how it works in an oppressive state. The person/organization charged has to prove innocence.

In America, we do things differently. If one makes allegations against another person/organization, the burden of proof rests with the one making the charge.

Gafney/Geller/Breitbart have the obligation to offer more than the undocumented court "evidence" or innuendo.
Your opinion. I say an organization that has a long and well documented history of the support of terrorism has the burden of proof that they have changed their ways, not the other way around.

Nice try in an attempt to label those who disagree with you as supporting McCarthyism. "That dog won't hunt", Willie "Cigar" Clinton.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #107
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Your opinion. I say an organization that has a long and well documented history of the support of terrorism has the burden of proof that they have changed their ways, not the other way around.

Nice try in an attempt to label those who disagree with you as supporting McCarthyism. "That dog won't hunt", Willie "Cigar" Clinton.
It is not a matter of disagreeing with me.

It is a matter of how we do things in this country.

Your guys and gal smear organizations and citizens in this country with alleged evidence and innuendos about their "affiliations" and refuse to document it with facts.

That my friend is McCarthyism at its worst.
Fair&Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #108
TheMercenary

Quote:
It is not a matter of disagreeing with me.

It is a matter of how we do things in this country.

Your guys and gal smear organizations and citizens in this country with alleged evidence and innuendos about their "affiliations" and refuse to document it with facts.
No it has to do with the organization you are trying to legitimize. You don't get to define, "how we do things in this country". You don't get to set the bar as a faceless nameless poster on a web forum. What are your credentials that allow you to do that?

The history of the Muslim Brotherhood is well documented. Prove me wrong.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #109
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Quote:

Where is the documented evidence that the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), the Muslim Students Association (MSA) or Muslim American Society (MAS) have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Or that Arif Alikhan or Kareen Shora, two muslims serving in the DHS and who have been smeared by your friends based on inuendo and undocumented "evidence", have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood

McCarthyism in its newest iteration.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #110
TheMercenary

So, they will die to establish Islam. What does that mean to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy3MG...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2jgQ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYEV0...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYFnE...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJw8...eature=related
Old 05-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #111
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Would that be like posting videos of selected Tea Party members making racists remarks and concluding that the Tea Party is racist?
Old 05-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #112
Jill
Colonist Extraordinaire

Quote:

You missed the point. You have no need to know.
You're the one who's missing the point.

But as to your off-subject point, you're wrong. On many issues the citizens of this country damn well need to know what our government is up to in our name. Why in the hell do you think the framers gave us those beloved Second Amendment rights that your side always crows about?

We haven't found reason enough to overthrow the government to this point, but you'd bloody well best believe that if my government is TORTURING people, "We the People" need to know about it so we can put a stop to it to the extent we are able. And if the right circumstances present themselves, you're damn straight I'll be taking up arms in the formation of an "organized militia" if necessary.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #113
Jill
Colonist Extraordinaire

Quote:

Would that be like posting videos of selected Tea Party members making racists remarks and concluding that the Tea Party is racist?
Oh, SNAP!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #114
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Oh, SNAP!
Oh Snap!

What fucking duplicity!

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/201...nsin-hate.html
Old 05-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #115
TheMercenary

Quote:
You're the one who's missing the point.

But as to your off-subject point, you're wrong. On many issues the citizens of this country damn well need to know what our government is up to in our name. Why in the hell do you think the framers gave us those beloved Second Amendment rights that your side always crows about?

We haven't found reason enough to overthrow the government to this point, but you'd bloody well best believe that if my government is TORTURING people, "We the People" need to know about it so we can put a stop to it to the extent we are able. And if the right circumstances present themselves, you're damn straight I'll be taking up arms in the formation of an "organized militia" if necessary.
Fuck off. You just don't always need to know. I don't care about the rest of your liberal tripe.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #116
Uday
Poker Playing Fool

Quote:
Fuck off. You just don't always need to know. I don't care about the rest of your liberal tripe.
I can see no good coming from a government being able to secretly torture people. This never ends well.
Uday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #117
Uday
Poker Playing Fool

Also, the Muslim Brotherhood are a joke. They are loud, but say nothing. Nobody in Egypt who isn't an actual member listens to a word they say.
Uday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #118
TheMercenary

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, SNAP!
OH Snap to that bitch!

http://ironicsurrealism.blogivists.c...-walker-image/

http://richc.myarchive.us/2011/02/wi...d-with-unions/

http://richc.myarchive.us/2011/02/wi...d-with-unions/
Old 05-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #119
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
No it has to do with the organization you are trying to legitimize. You don't get to define, "how we do things in this country". You don't get to set the bar as a faceless nameless poster on a web forum. What are your credentials that allow you to do that?

YOU have to prove yourself right. Burden of proof is on you. You can't make a statement and not back it up with documented facts, then tell someone else that burden is on them.
INNOCENT until proven guilty. Not the other way around.
Just like in a law suit, burden of proof is on the person making the accusation. You are making the accusation, therefor, it is your responsibility to provide the proof.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #120
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

When we look at what the people need to know about what the government is up to, there are a number of different perspectives, and they certainly don't all have the same answer.

Surely anyone can understand that if a government has charged the military or some other agency to deal with a certain individual, it's not going to be helpful if everyone in the country knows what's going on, therefore the people find out after the fact and then wonder why they weren't consulted.

The purpose of having a democratically elected government is so that every person has the right to have a say in who represents their own personal views in government because we all understand that if every decision had to be made with the approval of every person, we'd never get anywhere.

So, you vote for your representative and trust that they're going to make the right decisions on your behalf. If you're not happy with it, you don't vote for them again.

If you don't vote, IMO, you shouldn't have a right to complain either way.

Tags
i love tw, i love ug, merc luvs jill, merry xmas from barry o, rip ug, teh president barry, u want me, who be barrio?