wooooohoooo!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #302
monster
I hear them call the tide

teammate is signing national letter of intent today to swim for ?Vermont
Old 03-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #303
monster

This weekend polo girl has been in Salt lake City representing the Midwest Zone in the Water Polo Regional Championships. The zones are split into two regions: California and Everywhere Else.

They won all 4 round robin games yesterday.

Then the Semi this morning....

Then the Final was tied 10-10 with 90 seconds to go.....

(yes, she scored)

Still not selected for the national team training camp, but their loss. She has a medal and one of the U of Mich coaches has said she has Division 1 potential
Old 03-24-2014, 08:48 AM   #304
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Good on her.
Is the national team thing politics, connections, coming from a prestigious school or coach?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #305
monster

coming from California is about it other than that it's talent, but you have to do the ODP program, and that's money/committed parents/involved coaches etc.... (her school coach is an ODP coach, but not her ODP coach this year).
Old 03-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #306
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Ah, I see. Like every other sport, when you get to the national level the dynamics change considerably. At Olympic team level the costs, both socially and monetarily must be insane.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #307
monster

Well it's been a tough water polo season for the Eagles, no Seniors on the Varsity team, three complete newb freshmen on Varsity, entire JV team complete newbs -most of them not even swimmers- 16 girls in total ........and they just qualified to be one of the eight teams in the state championships! WTG ladies.

Last week a couple of people commented independently that Polo Girl was probably one of the best defensive players in the State (she had to be switched to a more defensive role this year because it's easier for newbs to go in as attackers and all our strong defenders graduated) One of those people was her coach addressing the team. the other was .....wait for it..... the swim coach (who is also a polo mom)
Old 08-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #308
monster

I think they were 5th in States. I forgot already.

Swim season is gear again. My last one. She's a senior. It was the crazy relays meet tonight to kick off the season. Swimmer Girls was on the fly relay ....and they won! better still, I think the broke the record. So not only does swimmer girl now feature in two records at the meet, but she also beat an Olympian! The fly record was previously held y a team including kara Lynn Joyce.

I just need confirmation on that because the scoreboard wasn't working properly so we looked up the time using the meet mobile app. waiting confirmation it's a real time
Old 08-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #309
monster

(her team tonight has at least one future olympian on it, I'll wager)
Old 08-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #310
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Well duh, it has her on it.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #311
monster

ha. She was the slowest of the 4 -the others are all "Studs" as they are known to the team
Old 09-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #312
monster

And Swimmer Girl got her state cut at the first meet of the year in her Final year. 4/4

I put the Polo Boy being rostered for Varsity for the first time in the brag thread but I'mm'a repeat it here because..... eventually I will share the fiasco that was his first varsity game (and almost not)...... but for now, just the positive that he drew a penalty in the dying seconds of the game, took it and scored. he's rostered for the varsity tournament tomorrow
Old 09-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #313
glatt

State cut! Sweet.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:00 PM   #314
monster

Polo Boy was just named to the post-season team. That's the official final Varsity team, so unless he screws up behaviorally, he'll letter. He might not play much in the districts (and regionals and states, if they get that far) .... but he's turning into a pretty solid defensive player despite being itsy bitsy. If they make it to states, Swimmer Girl's sign will have to move over to make way for a second one.... but there's a long road to travel before that happens...
Old 10-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #315
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Flashy players make coaches nervous because, although they have to play them, but they tend to get hurt. Having a solid reliable back-up is a coaches godsend.
Tough on the back-up because they get thrown into the middle of a hot game, cold. No chance to warm up physically or mentally, just go flat out... right now. Good for him.