Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #691
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
sold my old wedding ring for enough for dinner and a movie

Jewelry. Feh. Attaching precious metals and whatnot to your body in different ways. I'm against it.
I guess I don't understand the gold market. I read it's up to $1600/oz. Figure a ring weighs about an ounce and is more than half gold if it's 14k. Wouldn't the ring be worth a lot more?

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #692
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I misplaced my ring, or it is not where I left it.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #693
monster
I hear them call the tide

I keep hearing a commercial for Chicken Rings. Somehow that does not sound appetizing. I wonder if Chocolate Starfish are on the dessert menu?

Maybe mr. toad meant he was making a movie?
Old 07-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #694
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I'm sorry, dinner and a movie FOR TWO
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #695
monster

My wedding ring cost 11 quid. yes, it's gold.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #696
monster

9 year old is on his fifth week of summer swim season (and it's not his first season). Every day except Sunday, he's in the pool at 8am, so he puts his Speedo on when he gets dressed. Not once has he remembered to take it upstairs with him as he goes to get dressed, despite walking right past the drying rack. Not once.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #697
monster

Some Doofus left the drain on the 50 meter city pool open overnight. Today is the hottest day of the year. Someone might be in big trouble. It's not really funny, except it is... and we have another pool to cool off in. But there was no high school swim practice today. And if those lane lines are permanently stretched, that's going to be a pricey incident, never mind the water and chemical bill....
Old 07-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #698
monster

a quick snap.....
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #699
glatt

oops.

I guess you can't just cut off the extra lane line huh? They are sort of like rulers and the colors mean stuff?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #700
monster

right. you can shorten them but they need an element of flex and I'm guessing that might be all gone. Sort of like boobies bounce but eventually there comes a point when they're staying knee-bound. These look like granny boob lane lines to me. Of course maybe I just need more/less caffeine, Im used to dashing around in the mornings, but both pools are now closed today so I'm all discombobulated because i still got up early enough to do that
Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #701
monster

My pic was used in the local news story!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #702
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

That's awesome! Can I have your 'graph?
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #703
monster

Will John's do?

or how about a cookie chart?

/yelliknowhellforsure
Old 07-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #704
glatt

Mildly amusing me today is that some friends of ours were wondering yesterday why their house was so warm. They though their air conditioner wasn't working right or something. The wife mentioned it to the husband who reminded her that it was her fault. She had signed up at a farmer's market in the spring to be a family that lets the power company control their air conditioning on these hottest days of the year in order to avoid brown outs. She's very "green" and also you save a few bucks each month on your power bill if you let the power company have that control. It wasn't until this week that she really understood exactly what control she was giving up.

She had been talking it up in the spring and had my wife all convinced we should do it, too, but I was like "wtf? Why should we let the power company turn our AC off on the days that we need it most?"

So anyway, I heard all this, and now this friend is posting on facebook that we should all set our AC a few degrees warmer to take a little load off the grid. It's a good point, but I think she's just trying to get others to join her in misery.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #705
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm already there.

The now defunct A/C in my kitchen (still plugged in so the temp readout is there) read 99 degrees yesterday. Not sure if it reads into 3 digits.

The one in the living room and bedroom are working their little hearts out but just cannot keep up with the extreme extended heat.

I may need to shell out the money for a new one for the kitchen but I keep thinking after the heat wave passes it'll be OK.

How did we grow up without A/C? Schools didn't have A/C. Our house didn't. I don't remember thinking much about it.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote