The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 10-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #541
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Wow. Can we keep her, pleeeeeaaaaaase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Mama
Wow, people gave you a hard time? I guess I missed all that.

I lurked for a long time. Joined. Really enjoyed the rest of the site, but got too sucked in, or life got too demanding, and I had to pull out. Still wore my Cellar t-shirt, though, which got lots of attention!

When I poked my head back in there were just a few random posted pics. I didn't know what happened, but stuck my toe in the water. Then my foot . . .

I love doing the images! Sometimes, I feel guilty for posting something that I don't think is up to the Cellar standard . . . (not looking for reassurance - I'm just one step below a perfectionist).

I have so many files and links and saved images that I could never post them all. I love the creativity and the challenge of what I think the day calls for.

The only crap I got was for the sexist library dude. I'm such an innocent. I was like "that was wrong? It seemed so right." I treasure the guidance of the Dwellars, though! I'm still running on my learner's permit.

Doing the IoTD really starts my day off on the right foot. Thanks for letting me play in your sand box!!!!!!!
California Mama, please, *please* understand you're doing a great job and your effort is greatly appreciated. Really. Got that? Great.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #542
Griff
still says videotape

Yeah, she is rocking it.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:43 AM   #543
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

You put yourself here, Doctor ZenGum. I function merely as the poster of record.

Quote:
Quote:
Dear Dr (Zengum),

You have successfully completed your probation period and are now confirmed in position of (General Smartass) in (Miscellaneous Academics Division) until 31-DEC-2049.
Effectively, tenure, so long as I keep working and don't screw up (or one of my students).
If I may be permitted a personal comment...

Congratulations, sir. I know nothing of your professional qualifications. But I have had a fair taste of your mind over the last few years. Your students are very lucky to be able to share you with us. Bravo!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #544
monster
I hear them call the tide

http://cellar.org/showpost.php?p=769977&postcount=23
Old 11-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #545
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Home run Dana.

http://www.cellar.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=53
Old 11-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #546
Flint
Snowflake

Yo dawg I heard u like meta-jokes in your meta-thread so I posted a meta-joke you posted in my meta-thread in your meta-thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
I don't get the whole thread.

what the hell is going on here? someone post a link to a relevant thread?

Clodfobble! do your job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Just "be".
Oops...wardrobe malfunction.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #547
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

I think you're looking for the Hall of Smarm, actually.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #548
Flint
Snowflake

The Hall of Smarm was closed after Phil Hartman died.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #549
regular.joe
Старый сержант

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Yo dawg I heard u like meta-jokes in your meta-thread so I posted a meta-joke you posted in my meta-thread in your meta-thread. Oops...wardrobe malfunction.
Mind officially blown.

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #550
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Hmmmmm.
I am speaking English. I just know more of it than you do.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #551
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I love footfootfoot's story. I've been the golem, and I've been the child. Being the child is more fun.

Quote:
Glatt, I am reminded of this story. I feel I may have posted it already. In truth, I'll answer all your very good questions later today.

Short version of the story:
In a small village there is a hideous stone statue in the middle of the village square. No one can remember who put it there or when, and no one can even begin to imagine who would have sculpted such a thing, but there it sits. This is how it came to be there.

A long time ago, a rabbi found a golem in a trunk in his basement and decided to re-animate it by placing a sacred scroll with the name of god written upon it into the golem's ear. The Golem came to life, immediately demanding to be given something to do. The rabbi tells the golem the lawn needs mowing and all the hedges need trimming. The golem goes off to do the yard work. The rabbi is no sooner at the top of the cellar steps when the golem comes back to him saying, "I've done as you asked. Give me something else to do!" The incredulous rabbi looks and sees the yard is perfect. He then tells the golem to re-wallpaper the upstairs of the house. The rabbi sits down to read his paper and no sooner is in his chair when the golem reappears demanding to be given another task.

The rabbi tells the golem to paint the house. Before the rabbi has a chance to pick up his paper the golem is back, angrily demanding something more to do. The rabbi has had enough of this by now and reaches up to the golem's ear to remove the scroll. The golem smacks the rabbi's hand away, roaring, “I WANT TO LIVE.” The rabbi, terrified tells the golem to go cut seven cords of wood, split it and stack it behind the house. As the golem heads off to cut the wood, the rabbi runs down to road to the home of an older rabbi. He hurriedly blurts out everything to the older rabbi who slowly shakes his head and says “You’ve done a foolish thing…” They are interrupted by the golem smashing down the rabbi’s door demanding to be given something to do.

The older rabbi tells the golem, “After you repair my front door, I want you to go down to the village square where the children are playing and answer all of their questions.”

The Golem repairs the door and goes to the village square where he sits down and begins fielding questions from the children, “How high is the sky? Why does it rain? When is tomorrow? Why is it dark at night? Do dogs go to heaven?”
After about an hour of answering the children’s questions the golem slowly reaches up to his ear and pulls the scroll out.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #552
monster
I hear them call the tide

Sundae
Old 02-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #553
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

On Parenting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Absolutely. It's also easy at times. And sometimes it's fun. And sometimes it sucks. It's a mixed bag.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #554
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I would thank you, but the post was so obviously deserving...
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #555
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
I am fed up with a Christian fundamentalist god always messing with our State and Federal Government. The fact that the concept of separation of Church and State exists proves that god doesn't want the Republicans sneaking in rules about birth control or homosexuality and turning them into laws. This is such major hypocrisy for the "party of less government" that I am astonished. Maintaining the nation's infra-structure and ensuring food and health care for our children is too grievous an oppression by the government, but government mandates on private sexual choices, birth control, abortion, women's rights etc. are perfectly acceptable because that's what god wants. God is horrified by two happily paired off lesbians but indifferent to the suffering of a child. Go figure.