The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-07-2004, 04:18 PM   #1
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Long Sundays

What is it about Sunday afternoons that are just majorly boring? I mean time stretching out endlessly, nobody around to play with, never ending silence kind of boring?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:40 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I like long lazy Sundays. More time to do nothing.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:40 PM   #3
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Obviously, you live in sort of parallel universe from mine. I've been running since I got out of bed, and I won't stop until I get back in tonight.

Got up this morning, made breakfast and answered my mail. Then, My son and I had to drive about 25 miles north today to visit my grandson, then I came home, dropped him off, went back out a few minutes later to the store for something we needed for tonight's initiation ritual. Now, I'm cooking dinner, then we'll have ritual, then weekly coven which lasts until 10:00, then I have about an hour's worth of work to do on some government forms to make sure my son keeps getting his Social Security disability payments.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:18 PM   #4
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Re: Long Sundays

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
What is it about Sunday afternoons that are just majorly boring? I mean time stretching out endlessly, nobody around to play with, never ending silence kind of boring?
Today was just that kind of day for me. All I've done today is watch TV and read a book. Thought about running an errand....and decided against it.

Actually we will be going out to dinner in a little while, and maybe going to a store.

So far, it's been a very restful day, same as yesterday. My only complaint was that in the BCC (big comfy chair) I picked to read my book, I didn't have a CD player set up nearby.

I'm going to fix that....tomorrow.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:04 PM   #5
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

For me it's Friday nights, if I'm alone, and have no date, and no prospect for one.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:15 PM   #6
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I've been noticing that the things I used to do to pass my time are now boring me. I'm in the higher levels of Dark Age, so the levelling takes forever and is boring as hell. I bought Heroes IV and almost fell asleep. I bought Warcraft III and I'm on the last scenario.

I bought Age of Mythlogy, and it held my interest for a scenario or two, then I was bored again.

But....I just bought myself a Yamaha keyboard, and I've been working on Fur Elise and Moonlight Sonata. MS is not going to be doable because I only have 61 keys to work with, but Fur Elise is coming along nicely.

But even after an hour or so of that, I'm bored again.

I try reading "solitude" and get 50 pages farther in with no better understanding.

And this is all week long. Any suggestions?
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:17 PM   #7
elSicomoro

Digital cable...keeps me entertained for hours on end.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:22 PM   #8
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Even that sucked ass.

You have to understand ... I've watched the Malcom X documentary on On Demand twice already (but only because I saw Circus Freaks three times)

There was truly nothing on ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 03-07-2004, 06:23 PM   #9
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I have Digital Cable. I have the entire line up, all the Premiums, everything. For about $30. 172 channels. And nothing on to hold my attention.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:25 PM   #10
wolf
lobber of scimitars

You work for the cable company and they charge you, even if a nominal fee that's lower than most people's basic plans with no converter, for the service? Unbelievable.

Old 03-07-2004, 06:25 PM   #11
elSicomoro

Thank God neither of you is my woman...you require too much stimulation.

Go take a drive somewhere.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:29 PM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I was going to provide the obvious answer here, but to save poor sycamore's sensibilities, I decline to do so at this time.

Old 03-07-2004, 06:32 PM   #13
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
You work for the cable company and they charge you, even if a nominal fee that's lower than most people's basic plans with no converter, for the service? Unbelievable.
Yeah, but I get half off my HSI, so I'm actaully pretty happy about that. I mean, they COULD charge me full price. That's about $120.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:32 PM   #14
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Thank God neither of you is my woman...you require too much stimulation.

Go take a drive somewhere.
There are so many ways I could respond to that, so I'll just not, and that way me and Rho can stay virtual friends.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:35 PM   #15
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

so far to day i have been on a service call , left at 6am got back at about 11:30 , got SOME , had breakfast/brunch, washed wifes van and my truck , hauled about 10 small loads of horse shit for the garden that i will till sometime this week , lit the grill for steaks and brots , and now i am working on the cellar tshirt design .

OC go out side , breath some fresh air , hell its Verry spring like around here , we even had the windows open for a while .