The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #916
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
I know it spoils the fun a bit, but do check the white text. ...
As a white out junkie myself, I always notice it.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #917
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
As a white out junkie myself, I always notice it.
Cool potatoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
No blister. No scar. Nothink.
Given my pigeon-training tan and prev jaundice the two burns I documented on here and below (soldering iron and frying pan) are now quite visible again as scar tissue. Visible to me I mean, I haven't frightenened the local populace with them.

Trouble is, neither happened when I had that much time to spare.
I shall plan my burns more carefully in future. Very useful info btw.
Attached Images

Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:03 PM   #918
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
It is time for you to leave...

Old 07-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #919
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Poor Sundae. Hope bad luck soon drifts off with the wind and soon come to you more fortunate times.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:42 PM   #920
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I wish we all talked like that all the time. Unless I'm in a hurry, because then I'd be like, yeah yeah, let's go, Shakespeare
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #921
monster
I hear them call the tide

one of the other moms chaperoning the boys water polo bot camp trip. She only came to over-mother her baby boy who is very special (and a senior this year).... On three occasions now she's dumped her chaperoning duties to wander off and do something for her baby -like get him a special ice pack sling because his shoulder is hurt. That took all morning and then some, leaving her carful of kids rideless and no-one to do her share of the lunch shift. Because whilke they were hunting down this magic item, they found a really cool diner so just stopped for lunch there....... it goes on. She swears she doesn't sleep a wink at night because of migraine, but so far has slept in every morning and avoided breakfast duties, then takes a nap during other duty times because she's so tired because she didn't sleep. IF she doesn't sleep at night, it's because she sleeps ALLFUCKING DAY! useless tub of lard. Oh and for someone who doesn't sleep at night she's doing a darn good impression of someone who does right now. (10:20pm)
Old 08-15-2014, 11:30 PM   #922
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Is this unusual? I ask because my only experience is from long ago when I was one of the flock being chaperoned. That was a different time and culture, but out of the chaperones there always seemed to be certain parents that were fuck ups and did little useful, and some, well usually one, who seemed to be everywhere, doing all the heavy lifting, and keeping us organized. they rest kind of drifted along mostly following cues from the one.

I'm sure she peaks your blood pressure since you're shooting for efficiency and organization, for you that has to be a given with your schedule and brood.
But also because you want to do the best for the kids, I'm betting it would kill you to make a mistake that cost some kid an opportunity or a race.

Is anyone in charge of these expeditions or is this all ad hoc?
Old 08-16-2014, 09:30 PM   #923
monster

there was a chap in charge. Luckily for him, he didn't have to be her roommate. Her stupidity and golden-boy-baby-centeredness surpassed all previous fuck-uppery today, but thankfully it is over and I'm home.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:36 PM   #924
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Beer, more beer, flush her away.
Then tomorrow send her an invoice for her share of the work you had to do.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:17 PM   #925
monster

check and check. Although the invoice may be delivered in stealth fashion
Old 08-17-2014, 12:02 AM   #926
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No, no, that's a payback you're thinking of.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #927
monster

ah..... it's not unusual at small child level, but this is the mom of a 17-year-old. All chaperones need to do is drive and prepare food. buttloads of freetime to nap. How ever is her kid going to survive when he goes to college on his full ride lacrosse scholarship next year ah well. she is no longer within hearing distance so I'm not pissed off any more.

....but yesterday we sent her and a mother-of-one (freshman) out for subway for the team and chaperones. we said selection for 20-24. an HOUR later they came back with one foot-long for each of the rest of the team -turkey or ham (one is vegetarian), a special order each for their sons and themselves and nothing for the rest of us.......
Old 08-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #928
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

What, don't colleges have double rooms?
Old 09-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #929
anonymous
Operations Operative

My sister is pissing me off. She's got a ton of problems. I want to help as much as I can, but I can't help as much as I want. And I definitely can't help as much as she wants. Her mental illness makes communicating with her difficult. Worse, some the communication habits we share are like landmines. She's annoying to talk with. She's a poor listener. She's an inveterate, hardened contradictor. "No, it's not." she'll blithely reply. Even if I've just changed my position by 180 degrees. I don't know why she does this, but it's a conversation killer. It's not really argumentation, it's just a reflex, without real content, like Tourette's. It is fucking exhausting.

I want to listen to her but I have limits that are far lower than her apparent need. And she can't just end the conversation nicely, ok, thanks, nice catching up with you, tell me what happens next week with xyz, love you, bye. Nope. Sometimes there's more arguing on any of the normal sign off signals, sometimes there's a desperate "Oh, wait, just one quick question... (with the emphasis on the ellipsis). Then when I've rebutted all her arguments, and asserted myself to wrap it up, she scolds and moralizes and shames, "Mom and Dad would never have accepted ____!". I often get wound up and wind up cursing, at the top of my lungs before I slam the phone down.

Then (yes, there's more) come the repeated calls. I have voicemails that are staggeringly unintelligible. So incoherent that the voice-to-text bot that puts the messages in my email just gives up. I feel for you my robot brother.

So much for the good news, all the above is worse when she's been drinking. OMG.

I guess I'll resign myself to the idea that I'm helping her as much as I'm able by listening to her as much as I do.

Ok, rant over. Jesus, she's an ordeal.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #930
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sorry, anon. I'm exhausted just reading about it, you're a better person than I am just for listening as much as you do.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
limburger