The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-01-2004, 12:55 AM   #31
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

oh, good.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 09:11 AM   #32
Scopulus Argentarius
Your current user title is:

A Few....

Picked up a coral snake when I was 3....

Dealt with all sorts of snakes...eerrrrhhh.... Once instead of stepping on a water moccasin, I learned how to levitate...

Got bitten by several dogs ... the worst one was a small beautiful spitz that jumped up and bit me on the ass while I was jogging. This little flogger was wagging his tail and he ripped my shorts....

The most exiting one was having a bull chase me when I as biking. (quintessential hauling ass) The bastard chased me twice (1 way in..1 way out).... I hope he made a good meal.....
Scopulus Argentarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 01:40 AM   #33
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

When throwing hay to the bulls one time on the farm, i was standing on the back of the ute (was probably about 11 or so) my step dad instructed me to start forking out the tablets of hay and as i was about to begin a HUGE bull came up and was obviously very hungry. I started to panic because he was storming up to the ute where i stood on the back, totally unprotected!

my step dad says "it ok he wont come near the ute, just throw out the hay so we can go"

A picked up a tablet of hay and as i held it to throw it, the bull came charging at the ute, first it hit the driver door a few times, totally messed up nearly every panel on the cabin and then started rocking the tray i was in. i was stumbling around in the back praying my hardest i wouldnt fall off the back, then i threw ou the hay and as soon as he smelt it go on the ground he turned around and began eating, forgot totally about the ute he tried to dismantle a second ago.

I was never on hay duty again!
Old 05-08-2004, 09:48 PM   #34
Tornado
It's a Twistah! A Twistah!

Well, being a vet assistant, I've had some potentially hazardous encounters, but one will always stick in my mind. I was fitting a Rottweiler with one of those cones animals wear so they can't bite or lick a wound, sensitive area, etc. I was bent down, my face mere inches away from hers, and she gave me to those EYES and then proceeded to growl & flash her jaws. Yeaaaaah. At that moment, I coulda sworn I felt my heart shoot straight out my ass.

Oddly enough, this same Rottweiler came in to work today for a blood test.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:03 PM   #35
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Woof. Nasty. Rotts can be so intimidating. I couldnt be a vet.
I recall one time when I was a kid taking my westie pup for a walk and a rotti had gotten away from it's owner and plunged right at us. It was shaking my pup like it was a ragdoll. The squeals were horrible. ...I hit and kicked at the dog, and screamed at the guy to get his dog off mine.He just kept sayin "eh! drop, drop it" his dog paid no heed. Poor Dudley was a right mess at the end of it. Got stitched up....sorted out in the end but damn if that dog didnt have attitude problems with other dogs after that
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:48 AM   #36
LN
Dog O'Nine Tails

Ah, I'm a potential vet so I'm sure my "dangerous encounters" will rocket some time soon.
So far the worst that's happened is a dog bite from, I'm sorry to say, a Westie. It went wonderfully septic...
Oh, and then there's the time I was vaccinating sheep and one jumped and I vaccinated me instead, but I guess that's technically my fault. On the plus side I'm now protected against blackleg and Pulpy Kidney.
LN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 12:22 PM   #37
Griff
still says videotape

I was sitting on a bull in the back of a pickup, "keeping him from jumping out". He tossed me out of the truck and I landed on my head in the grass. bad scene
Old 05-12-2004, 01:40 PM   #38
Pete
Resident President

Well you had me convinced that was standard practice for transporting a bull. If only the bull was as gullible as I was.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:43 PM   #39
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Bulls are notorious for sniffing out gullibility. They've got bullshit coming out their asses.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 02:14 PM   #40
Pete
Resident President

ow quit it
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 02:41 PM   #41
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete
ow quit it
good user title
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 02:44 PM   #42
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Speaking of which, now that I've gone through all of the available default user titles, I'm gonna have to think one up soon.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:05 PM   #43
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Happy monkey - A carpenter,...like Jesus.

Quote:
and I landed on my head in the grass.
Ahhh, that explains it.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:58 PM   #44
Elionwyr
Coronation Incarnate

Quote:
Originally posted by onetrack
3. Being old enough to know better, and squatting in front of sunbaking freshwater crocodile (the harmless variety, they tell you) .. and upon rising up, quickly, found the crocodile would rise up on its legs and open its jaws ..
Harmless compared to...?

(I would never use that particular word to describe a croc. Yer lucky that snap didn't remove any parts you're fond of.)
Elionwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:02 PM   #45
Elionwyr
Coronation Incarnate

I work as a part time zoo keeper, so..

My worst professional encounter involved having an alligator attempt to remove my thumb from my right hand. By the time I'd pried her mouth open to get my thumb back, she'd bitten 5 of my fingers and I still have some tooth embedded in my left thumb.

Worst at-home incident was when my soon-to-be-ex-husband's german shepherd mix - a fear-biter - latched onto the back of my skull, right at the base...a nice little killing bite, if I'd been a bunny. I still don't know exactly how I got the pooch off of me. I *can* tell you that (a) I shook for an hour, (b) I have NEVER been that scared of anything EVER, and (c) it left me with some mighty curious scars on my skull.
Elionwyr is offline   Reply With Quote