The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 09-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #106
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Debating Obamacare is kind of funny that way, because it's only being phased in slowly, so it will be a few years before we know exactly how it's going to pan out.
So why are so many easily brainwashed Limbaugh disciples telling me ObamaCare has damaged the economy? You mean these "hate all Americans" Americans do not think for themselves?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #107
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
The way this is being phased in, the penalties for not buying insurance in the first year are relatively small. (At least the last time I looked into it several months ago.) So it's probably wise from a financial point of view to sit on the sidelines until next year when the penalties become real, and health care will be cheaper than the fine. Of course, if you pay for the health care, then you can use the health care. If you opt for the fine, you get nothing in return.

Debating Obamacare is kind of funny that way, because it's only being phased in slowly, so it will be a few years before we know exactly how it's going to pan out.
Bill King, a health care insurance broker (sells plans for scads of companies), was doing a commercial today (first time I've heard this), saying that EVERY health care plan premium is going up by 30% to 100%.

You can avoid that, by re-upping your plan for another year, before 2014, with one insurer only, allowing the old rates until 2015.

There's your Affordable Health Care Act in Action.

A local DJ (not a conservative), was saying he will have a 99% increase in his health care premium, and his fiance will have a 66% increase (she earns considerably less than him). The people who really do well with Obama Care, are the very low income wage earners.

The middle class and up, will get soaked, as they are finding out. Thus their dissatisfaction with it.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #108
glatt

Sounds like BS to me. They are required by law to spend 85% of premium money on providing patient care. So raising the rates would just result in them having to give more refunds.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #109
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Sounds like BS to me. They are required by law to spend 85% of premium money on providing patient care. So raising the rates would just result in them having to give more refunds.
It would be better if you called Bill King's office, directly at this (toll free) number:

Call Bill King - 800.442.5464.

Or swing by his office in Carlsbad if you're close by in So. CA.

His website: http://kingbenefits.com/

I'm not sure how the medical insurance companies will structure their premiums, under Obama Care.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:38 AM   #110
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

glatt doesn't have to call anyone, since that part of the law went into effect last year. He's not just listening to some asshole on the radio, he has already experienced the refund.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #111
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak View Post
A local DJ (not a conservative), was saying he will have a 99% increase in his health care premium, and his fiance will have a 66% increase (she earns considerably less than him).
People who do this stuff professionally recently discovered costs were not only reduced. But were reduced by more than originally predicted. Informed posters quote from people who actually learn facts. The naive so hate America as to routinely recite claims from a least informed and wacko extremists.

He quotes hearsay from a DJ. After all, when something comes from a voice on a radio, it must have more credibility. It must be true. It came from a magic box.

A friend loved promoting scams to the most religious. The most naive automatically believe what they are told rather than learn how to become a patriotic American - an informed moderate.

Limbaugh said, "We want America to fail." Adak still believes it.

Remember a TV show called "Threes Company"? Wacko extremists told their disciples that ABC was corrupting American morals. So their disciples called ABC in mass numbers complaining about how much they hated that show they just saw. One small problem. The first episode of "Threes Company" had not aired yet. Would not air until the next day. Amazing how disciples of wacko extremists could view a TV show a day before it aired.

Brainwashing the most naive is that easy. The law has not even taken effect. But the most dumb and naive claim ObamaCare has done major damage to the economy BEFORE it even started. Same naive also know ObamaCare has raised costs before it even started.

This is Saddam's WMDs all over again. With the most anti-Americans (dumb and uneducated manipulated by hearsay) claiming a disaster has done harm BEFORE anything even started.

His expert is a radio DJ. No wonder he believes "We want America to fail."
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #112
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
glatt doesn't have to call anyone, since that part of the law went into effect last year. He's not just listening to some asshole on the radio, he has already experienced the refund.
This ASSHOLE is a professional medical insurance broker. He deals with many of the major insurers, in this state.

Why don't you call the toll free number and see what the FACTS are about NOW, in THIS area?

It's free, and then you might be a more tolerant fellow, when people state something you don't want to believe in.

If glatt is in the lower middle class income range, or below, he should receive a nice reduction in his premium costs, under Obamacare. Those rates will vary widely from state to state. Tennessee for instance, has rates that are about half the rate for Wyoming, according to that "asshole" Dr. Gupta on the TV.

So sure, some people will pay less. Others will pay more. If you are in So. CA, and earn above average, you will pay a lot more.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #113
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Bill King, a health care insurance broker (sells plans for scads of companies), was doing a commercial today (first time I've heard this), saying that EVERY health care plan premium is going up by 30% to 100%.

You can avoid that, by re-upping your plan for another year, before 2014, with one insurer only, allowing the old rates until 2015.
Quote:
This ASSHOLE is a professional medical insurance broker. He deals with many of the major insurers, in this state.
Yeah, a lot of insurance companies and agents are trying to get people to renew their plans under the old rates. Probably not out of the goodness of their hearts. Bill King is paid on commission.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #114
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Duh, he's a fucking salesman.

Buy a policy and get a second policy free,
just pay an second shipping and handing.

As seen on TV.

Call within 10 minutes and we may use some lube.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #115
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Old 10-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #116
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Fox News themselves found THAT REPUBLICAN voters were MORE THAN fifty percent MORE FAVORABLE to factual evidence, like the Affordable Care Act, than they were to made-up things, like Obamacare.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #117
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Duh, he's a fucking salesman.

Buy a policy and get a second policy free,
just pay an second shipping and handing.

As seen on TV.

Call within 10 minutes and we may use some lube.
I understand why the references to job and perhaps, to character, but I don't understand why the continual return to sexual innuendos. Can't you argue a point of view without them?

Yes, Bill King is a broker - so a glorified salesman. Let's look at that. He 's paid on a commission - I don't know that, but it's very likely how he's paid. So, why would a salesman who's paid on commission, want you to buy the cheaper policy?

With the higher priced policy, he would make more commission, yet he's not trying to get us to buy the higher priced policy.

It sounds like he's trying to increase his market share, by giving us a valuable heads up on a future increase in policies, that has been announced by some companies.

In the ad, he names the companies - by name. Which one's will be increasing their rates this year in January, and which one will be increasing it's rate next year.

You could check that out and see if it was true or not, with a free phone call, but you're not interested.

When the facts conflict with your desired beliefs, the facts get ignored, and swept out of sight, and out of mind. It must be that tension it builds, that brings out the sexual innuendos.

Obviously, the facts can't be correct - of course not.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #118
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No wonder you fall for this shit, you can't tell the difference between sex and rape.

You're concerned insurance rates are going up? Well duh, they've been going up way faster than the inflation rate for years. They've been driving the inflation. That's why the AFFORDABLE Care Act was passed. Now they will fall or at least level off across the country. I'm sorry they aren't in your neighborhood yet, like they have in glatt's.

Wait, no, I'm not sorry... you deserve it for your spreading half-truths and lies.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #119
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Quote:
Well duh, they've been going up way faster than the inflation rate for years. They've been driving the inflation.
Yes! I have been working for the same company for 7 years (through this recession). Included in that time are a couple of raises and a promotion (totaling 22%-average of 3.14%/year). And yet, I take home less today than I did 7 years ago, thanks in large part to my insurance costs (which have more than doubled!).
Old 10-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #120
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormieweather View Post
Yes! I have been working for the same company for 7 years (through this recession).
Included in that time are a couple of raises and a promotion (totaling 22%-average of 3.14%/year).
And yet, I take home less today than I did 7 years ago, thanks in large part
to my insurance costs (which have more than doubled!).
I suspect many employers have been reducing or holding flat
their contributions to their employee's health care programs.
Certainly the counter-balance of unions during labor negotiations has declined.

I happen to get my family's health insurance through the same non-profit
agency as retired State employees, some teachers unions, etc.
Our premiums have gone up, but not nearly the % that you have experienced.

Also, policies do change (both more and less benefits) what
they offer and what they cover, along with co-pays, fees, etc.

Until the ACA came along, it was either take what your employer gives you,
or go back to college to get an MBA so you can compare the policies of different companies.
At least now there is a bit of common ground (the metal ratings) to compare one to another.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote