The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
JBKlyde
Banned

Guilt and Forgiviness

I feel so guilty because of some of the stuff I've written, and done. But at the same time I know I am forgiven by Jesus. So how do I get rid of all the guilt and be happy again. One method I've discovered is this, Take a helium balloon and and imagine all your problems inside the balloon and just let them go. You are free.. free to love, free to live, and free to be happy..

qcc??
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Take the helium balloon and inhale some of the helium. Then laugh at some of the stuff you've done. Rinse & repeat as necessary.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
Ibby
erika

You should read some Daoist philosophy. I'm not saying like, convert or anything, but they have some great things to say about going with the flow and living in the present, not the past.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckhart Tolle
Does the past take up a great deal of your attention? Do you frequently talk and think about it, either positively or negatively? The great things that you have achieved, your adventures or experiences, or your victim story and the dreadful things that were done to you, or maybe what you did to someone else? Are your thought processes creating guilt, pride, resentment, anger, regret, or self-pity? Then you are not only reinforcing a false sense of self but also helping to accelerate your body's aging process by creating an accumulation of past in your psyche. Verify this for yourself by observing those around you who have a strong tendency to hold on to the past.
Die to the past every moment. You don' t need it. Only refer to it when it is absolutely relevant to the present. Feel the power of this moment and the fullness of Being. Feel your presence.
Are you worried? Do you have many "what if" thoughts? You are identified with your mind, which is projecting itself into an imaginary future situation and creating fear. There is no way that you can cope with such a situation, because it doesn't exist. It's a mental phantom. You can stop this health- and life-corroding insanity simply by acknowledging the present moment. Become aware of your breathing. Feel the air flowing in and out of your body. Feel your inner energy field. All that you ever have to deal with, cope with, in real life - as opposed to imaginary mind projections – is this moment. Ask yourself what "problem' you have right now, not next year, tomorrow, or five minutes from now. What is wrong with this moment? You can always cope with the Now, but you can never cope with the future -nor do you have to. The answer, the strength, the right action or the resource will be there when you need it, not before, not after.