The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-13-2009, 07:58 AM   #4156
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

If you want to post it to me, I may be able to sign it for you. As long as we both do recorded delivery. I think a ward councillor might count even though I am not a professional. Worth checking out anyway.

And if when you;ve checked it turns out I can, then I promise promise promise not to be shit on posting it back.

[eta] Ach damn. Cancel that offer. I think it has to be someone who holds a current passport. I don't so, that's me out.

Last edited by DanaC; 06-13-2009 at 08:15 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #4157
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

so far, nuthin'.

Why? what's upsetting you?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #4158
monster
I hear them call the tide

no-one is coming to my yard sale and it's about to rain on me
Old 06-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #4159
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Awwww, monster...whatcha got? I need a small square coffee table.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #4160
Ibby
erika

Why does chloe have to get so fucking pissed and moody every single damn time i do a SINGLE thing that doesnt involve her? even when shes invited and ive been planning it for weeks? even when i fucking spent the night at her house the night before? why does she have to be a part of EVERYTHING I EVER DO? why is everything in the world my fault? and why am i so drunk/where did all my money go? fml man.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #4161
Shawnee123

Because she's young.

Dude, are you still partying for graduation?
Old 06-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #4162
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
... the woman refused, so the only way your mum could let you know she was trying to help, trying to do a good thing, was to tell you she refused.
But telling you that, might have caused you to ask the woman why and your Mum knowing what the woman would say, decided it would be better hearing it from her.
Mum could quite easily have backed off telling me the why is so much detail. In fact she could just have said D doesn't let any of her family sign passports and left it at that. Or she could have left it at the fact that D thinks my reasons for going to Amsterdam are suspect. She really didn't have to go into the fact that D thinks I am faking depression and drag things like my hair colour and weight loss into it.

I backed off on the accusations I made, because as I said it was the hurt talking.
However I do get every day a comment about my hair. Or her wishing she could get me a volunteer job. Or asking whether I have heard from the council re housing. So I made unfair assumptions, but it didn't come completely out of left field.

Also this isn't a one-off. Throughout my life, Mum has seen fit to tell me negative things people said about me. Or add a negative spin to positive things. I know it's her brand of tough love, her way of keeping me in line so I have an easier life. But all it does is knock me back, affect my self esteem and upset me.

Which makes it harder to deal with rather than easier.
But as I'm an adult now I can express myself and vent my anger and hopefully bounce back quicker. That's why I appreciate this place so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
If you want to post it to me, I may be able to sign it for you.
I've checked the details and you can sign for me! Yay! Thanks hon.
I have to get the money together still - I'm in very early planning stage at present. But it helps to know there is another option.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #4163
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sure, you're obviously in the thick of it, and privy to much more than the snippets we hear. I just wanted to caution you not to assume nastiness that could possibly be explained by stupidity.

I have to keep reminding myself, my mother grew up in a whole different world, shaped by my grandparents who might as well grown up on another planet.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #4164
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
Why does chloe have to get so fucking pissed and moody every single damn time i do a SINGLE thing that doesnt involve her? even when shes invited and ive been planning it for weeks? even when i fucking spent the night at her house the night before? why does she have to be a part of EVERYTHING I EVER DO? why is everything in the world my fault? and why am i so drunk/where did all my money go? fml man.
Well, part of it is you're just getting older and finding out more of what has some of us geezers so jaded.

But, some people are just like this. When they're "in a relationship" (in whatever terms) they expect to do everything with their partner and vice versa. Depending on how cynical one is, one might think that she doesn't trust you and is trying to control/manipulate you and keep her eye on you at all times;

or one might think that she genuinely is so infatuated with you that she can't imagine WANTING to go do something without you... and if you want to go off without her, that means you must hate her or something.

(I'm deliberately not telling you what to actually do about it because, well, I don't have a clue. My solution was to a) not realize it was happening, then b) pretend it wasn't happening, and then finally c) to have it brought to such a ridiculous public confrontation that the only sensible thing for me to do was--literally--walk away.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:57 PM   #4165
monster

Well what a poopy yard sale. I had the most stuff ever, the best organized ever and hardly anyone came. It didn't even rain much after 9, but it was overcast and threatening all day. Last week was beautiful, but i was busy -the woman across the road had a sale and hardly had anything with clothes dumped in tubs and loads of punters came by. I did take $100 from dribs and drabs -I think the most expensive thing I sold was a kid's bike for $7. I did get rid of two worn out umbrella strollers with raincovers and a parasol that were taing up space. For $3 total. Ah well. We're contemplating leaving it virtually set up in the garage so i can drag it out one afternoon if the conditions are good, and going all American -leaving the cars on the drive and the crap in the garage
Old 06-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #4166
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Quote:
Welcome to adulthood...

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #4167
jinx
Come on, cat.

That blows monster. Did you advertise at all?
Old 06-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #4168
monster

With signs outside and at the entrance to the neighbothood the day before and during. Usually sufficient.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #4169
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Ahem.

Quote:
"And so the young man passes out of his original nature, which was trained in the school of necessity, into the freedom and libertinism of useless and unnecessary pleasures."
-Plato's Republic, Book VIII
Oh and what Crimson Ghost said.

They're all crazy. Some are clingy-needy crazy and some are nasty-mean crazy. Take your pick. Or call Sheldon.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #4170
Shawnee123

Grrrr...teach your children well. Not all women are needy. Ibby, she's just young and hasn't realized how annoying it is. Explain it to her. Nicely.

Tags
swiss