The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 04-11-2019, 01:21 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Cell Phones

Name:  redlight.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  72.2 KB

Some safety people are objecting to this. They say it's enabling people to be more careless and disengaged where there's no lights .
Old 04-11-2019, 09:08 AM   #2
glatt

I approve. I have long believed that signs intended for pedestrians should be posted well below eye level because pedestrians are not looking 100 feet ahead off in the distance the way drivers are. They are looking at their footing. But signs are posted by the highway department and they have a hard time not thinking in terms of cars.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:32 AM   #3
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
But signs are posted by the highway department and they have a hard time not thinking in terms of cars.
Highway departments have had a long history of contempt for pedestrians. Observe a crosswalk only on one side of the intersection - and sidewalks only on the other. Or see sidewalks enter intersections where the highway dept has posted no pedestrian signs.

In a few crosswalks, a pedestrian push button exists to trigger the light that is otherwise off. That light flashes yellow (caution) for cars and red for pedestrians (do not cross). If not obvious, that light should flash red for cars and yellow for pedestrians. Contempt.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote