Old 09-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #61
monster
I hear them call the tide

Swimmer Girl checks out the line-up

Attached Images

Old 09-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #62
monster

here she is dry and all full of team spirit at the homecoming game.....
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #63
monster

So, it's been ....a week ...10 days? really? wow feels like more.....

So Saturday was a fresh/soph invitational meet. 8 schools attended. coach allowed 1 swimmer choice for those who happened to be online at the time. SG asked for 100fly or 50free. She's faster than all the other freshmen in fly, but some of them are good, and she's better at breast and IM, so she hasn't swum it at a meet yet. And the 50 free because she know's she's gotten (sorry brits) faster and wants to know how much.

Her fly wish was granted and she also swam breast and two relays (4 is max # events).

Top 12 swimmers medal, Top 8 relays. She medalled in everything. 5th in the breast with her second best time ever. wtg! dropped 5ish seconds from her fly time.

Then yesterday, an away dual meet against a tiny team (17 athletes, we have 45). So they each only got two events and not what they usually swim. We still slaughtered them. It was kind of embarrasing -I'd fire their coach. I understand that this is a poorer area, and swimming is not as big of a deal/priority as it is in Ann Arbor, but their starts were terrible and that's kinda easy/quick to fix/improve. Every single one of the races was lost by all three of their swimmers and won by all three of ours by the time they surfaced from the start. I could have improved their starts and I'm a faux swim coach..... I'm not exaggerating.

So SG swam the 50 free and a free relay. 1st in both, new personal best for the 50 free (28.16s for enquiring minds -good but nowhere near states) awesome.

So, big stuff coming. the team is 6 - 0 but next week we swim the other Ann Arbor high school -the one she should have gone to. and it will be so close. both teams are unbeaten.

and then, on Saturday, there is the MISCA meet -an invitatational only open to swimmers who have made the cut in each event. SG made the breaststroke cut. But coach also entered her for the IM. She should be able to make the cut, but hasn't yet. She needs to shave 5 seconds off her 2:29 time. So no pressure or anything!

No other freshmen are going.

proud swimmom tonight.

And coach and I had a chat and we're good. We have differences, but I can deal with her being a bitch and she can deal with needing my kid
Old 10-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #64
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Shes Just driven Mon ,
So are You ,

the big question is IS SG happy ?? is she haveing fun , can she deal with all this ??
And are you ready for an Olympian and what country will she swim for ?????
Old 10-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #65
monster

She's having a fucking blast! I'm thinking of buying shares in Speedway and Speedo.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #66
monster

It's going to be so weird when the season ends. But at least we have polo season to look forward to -I already have the sticker on the car and she's never played a game in her life (she's been to clinics and open sessions and kinda scrimmaged) -she made me get it.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:19 AM   #67
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

She's having a fucking blast!

Good , Then Proceed !!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #68
monster

The big meet against the school she should have gone to and all her summer swim buddies. We leave in an hour. I have my eagles in pink t-shirts at the ready, she had a 10 minute strategy session on the IM with the former U or M swim coach this morning....... ready as we'll ever be......!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #69
glatt

Have fun storming the castle!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #70
monster

We WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And she got the IM cut for the MISCA invitational! She dropped that 5 seconds, baby! -she was 4th And another personal best in the breaststroke! -she was 3rd

And I think a new personal best for her split in the 200 free relay and possibly also for her 50 breast split in the 200 medley relay.

pwned, River Rats! Go Eagles!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #71
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

congratulations!!!!

Interesting note for me. A LONG time ago when I swam and was a coach, our team was called the River Rats. Those were some good times!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #72
monster

So the story behind the river rats.... long long time ago, there was only one high school in Ann Arbor. Then the built a new one, on the Huron river. And it took the kids from the less financialy-abled side of town. The Old AA high school was forced to get a new name -they became the AA Pioneer. Home of the Pioneers. They decided to call the AA Huron students River Rats -in a derogatory manner. Huron ran with it. AA Skyline is even newer, and had no say in the Eagle thing. It's not very original. But it could have been worse. Plus the new zoning knocked the pioneers down a little and as of tonight, WE RULE ANN ARBOR.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #73
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
WE RULE ANN ARBOR.
That reminds me. I'd love to hear the story of how you and Beest wound up in the states and Ann Arbor.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #74
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Way to go HEBE!!!!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #75
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I'm guessing
Beest is some sort of science teacher at the University

Oh, and I'm not sorry about ur rats