The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #106
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene View Post
Was it her?
Yep. It's her! Ain't that a kick in the pants?!

If she gives me the okay, I might post our first grade class picture with us circled or something. I spent two hours looking for the pic, couldn't find it. Checked my email, and she has sent me the pic I was looking for!!! This whole thing is just

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #107
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

ETA: Gooooood night.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:54 AM   #108
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

See above...

Old 03-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #109
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Night all.

But 'specially Dani.
One more sleep til I see you.
Which sounds hideously creepy & stalkerish, but is the standard way Reception children calculate events.

Damn, just realised it was Rachel's 7th today.
But it was Wet Lunch (pouring down, so they all stay in their classrooms) and as she's in class 2 I didn't see her. Shame. We've been counting down since about 20!
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #110
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

lol

So....been bobbing about London a few times now on these here research trips, but mostly I've stayed in outer areas (Richmond, Brentwood, a night in Chelsea). This time I'm at King's Cross. Right near the station. because I usually end up with a couple of hours between checkout and train, I've already explored the immediate surroundings of the station on previous trips, so I felt pretty comfortable with it when I got here.

I've been here since monday evening, and I have completely fallen in love with London. Always liked it. Now it's under my skin.

I just got really bad munchies. So popped out to McDonalds, through the hordes of revellers and travellers and other assorted peeps. It's midnight on a Friday and the place is totallly buzzing. As a smoker, I end up popping out several times an evening, and well into the night if i am awake. At no point, even after 3am have I been outside and seen stillness. It ain;t busy then, but sure isn't still.

What's brilliant though, is that I was just wearing my tracksuit and trainers and didn't feel out of place or conspicuous. On a friday night, when anywhere else, you'd look really out of place if you weren't dressed up, or trendily down, for partying. It's the only reason anybody would be out at that time. *

So...just wanted to share that little snippet. Am now off to bed. G'night.

* eta by anywhere else, I mean towns. And villages. Manchestuh is probably the same in some parts and the student areas of most cities will have that vibe on a Friday. But there's a strange intensity to that vibe around here. And yet also very relaxed. I honestly have never felt safer on a town or city street at night than I do here, and yet with a pleasantly edgy undercurrent.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #111
casimendocina
Professor

I really am going to have to get to London sometime (encouraged by Dana's post)

Just finished 2 weeks of relative manicness-after 3 months of mostly extreme cruisiness, I was out of practice with being busy).

I caught the local, very much not recommended local bus to work today (mantra from all workmates, local and expat-is watch your bag, be careful, don't take that particular kind of bus) when I discovered that I only had 2000 Rupiah in my wallet (the equivalent of about 20 cents) and no nearby ATMS which would solve the problem for me. Then, after a relaxed couple of hours of testing, went to a handicrafts exhibition sale of amazing stuff from lengths of batik material to quilt covers and then a really good dinner at a 24 hour place which serves all the major cuisines (usually this kind of place doesn't do any kind of food well as they're trying to cover everything). Knackered now after getting up at 5 a.m. yesterday and working pretty much 9-9 (once again, out of practice) so off to bed. Night.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #112
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Oh, here it is!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:45 AM   #113
Tulip
Professor

Hihihi....just did a search for this thread. I must be off to bed so I can wake up early to jog. UGH!! Good night, Dwellars! May your dreams be sweet.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:07 AM   #114
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Good night Tulip! 'Cept you know its technically morning already?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #115
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Off to bedski - gotta get up early tomorrow.
Yes, because of the Royal Wedding, but only in a second hand way.

My Mum's friend's daughter is coming by at 09.30, which means I have to be up and dressed and breakfasted by then. Usually on a day off I get up at 09.30 and take the next half hour to get going. She's coming so early because she's off to a friend's house for the actual event.

Never mind - I have FOUR days off.

Night night my lovelies.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #116
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Off to bedski - gotta get up early tomorrow.
Yes, because of the Royal Wedding, but only in a second hand way.

My Mum's friend's daughter is coming by at 09.30, which means I have to be up and dressed and breakfasted by then. Usually on a day off I get up at 09.30 and take the next half hour to get going. She's coming so early because she's off to a friend's house for the actual event.

Never mind - I have FOUR days off.

Night night my lovelies.
hmm. we'll be getting up in less than 6 hours, apparently, but I ain't ready for bed yet.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #117
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Me needer...
Old 05-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #118
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

As old Arkwright used to say, "It's been a funny old day."

- I am horribly plagued by coldsores, yet. And probably will be all week.
- I ate breakfast to the news a bitter terrorist wa sno longer an active threat.
- I made a Castle Cake which is edible, but could never be considered an object of desire.
- I watched the 2nd episode of the 6th series of Dr Who AGAIN and still am suspicious there were plot holes that Moffat made me forget.
- I took my precious cat to the vet for the first time in years (first time necessary, mind!) thinking he was going to die and to my relief only got a bill I have to work four months to pay off.

Oh, and talked to a lovely man from the New World. But that was the pleasant icing on a most peculiar cake.

Goodnight peoples
x
Old 05-04-2011, 03:23 AM   #119
Tulip
Professor

(too tired to find the yawn smilie) Off to bed. Btw, the next I mention making crafts or cookies for my nephew's teachers or class, someone please spank me.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #120
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

The pot fairy paid a visit this evening. So I am off to bedski with a fat bifta.

Night all

('Up tha dances' as my dad used to say, 'it's bed time'.)
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote