The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Kharma

I can't believe this hasn't been done yet, but my search skills on the Cellar are limited.
I was looking for a place to put stuff like this. The kind of stuff where Kharma or whatever finally catches up to someone.

It doesn't have to be as serious as this, but ...

Quote:
Powell was convicted in 2000 of killing Stacie Reed and raping and attempting to kill Kristie Reed. Powell and Stacie Reed were acquaintances. The Virginia Supreme Court overturned the verdict, saying Powell couldn't get the death penalty because he did not rape or rob Stacie or commit other death-qualifying offenses.

Thinking he could no longer face the death penalty, Powell then wrote a profanity-laced letter to Ebert graphically detailing Stacie's slaying.

Powell, who is white and a self-avowed racist, wrote that he went to Stacie's house to talk to her about her black boyfriend, pinned her down and threatened to rape her, then stabbed her in the heart when she fought back. He then went downstairs, had a cigarette and some iced tea, and waited for Kristie to get home from school.

"Do you just hate yourself for being so stupid and for (messing) up and saving me?" he wrote to Ebert in 2001.

Ebert withdrew the first indictment and charged Powell with killing and attempting to rape Stacie, a capital crime. Powell was convicted again in 2003 and sent to death row.
Link

I hope his sentence is carried out soon.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
SamIam

I wish all criminals were that stupid. I'm usually against the death penalty, but that sorry excuse for a human being deserves it.

Last edited by SamIam; 01-25-2010 at 08:05 PM.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
Tulip
Professor

Nice to see karma working. Anymore stories?
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
classicman

It's your turn, I was just getting things started.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Good find Classic.

I don't know if this story is true and it is not emotionally griping like your story but it is funny and full of karma.

Colorado Springs: A guy walked into a little corner store with a shotgun and demanded all the cash from the cash drawer. After the cashier put the cash in a bag, the robber saw a bottle of scotch that he wanted behind the counter on the shelf. He told the cashier to put it in the bag as well, but he refused and said "Because I don't believe you are over 21." The robber said he was, but the clerk still refused to give it to him because he didn't believe him. At this point the robber took his drivers license out of his wallet and gave it to the clerk. The clerk looked it over, and agreed that the man was in fact over 21 and he put the scotch in the bag. The robber then ran from the store with his loot. The cashier promptly called the police and gave the name and address of the robber that he got off the license. They arrested the robber two hours later.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
classicman

HA - thats a good one!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:06 PM   #7
Tulip
Professor

Hmm....what is see more is stupidity than karma working. :p

And I've got no stories. I don't see karma at work, how sad. Was hoping others would have stories to keep my faith going.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote