The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 05-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #286
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Unfortunately, Gordie Howe = target, also. But she comes from tough stock.
already there. three ejections = game ejection, so after two last night, the oppo were gunning for her and she sat out until needed for a set play flattering, but not much fun
Old 05-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #287
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

It's a good sign when the opposition is desperate to get her out of the game. Tough bird, like her mom.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #288
monster

eagles are not good eatin'
Old 05-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #289
monster

This morning, district Semi-finals, Eagles down one in the second period of overtime with seconds left........

The video was taken by the parents of the reserve goalie, who didn't play. that's her dad you can hear, not beest. And that isn't me who screams.....

spoiler
and so it went to sudden death overtime....and they won. but then lost the final this afternoon to their nemesis (and the team Hebe is zoned for) we'll get you next time, Rats

(Skyline white caps)
Old 06-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #290
monster

umm... so State Championships.... not going great after a surprise loss Friday night to put us in the loser's bracket playing for 5-8th place (out of maybe 30? teams in the state)

First game this morning to decide whether we play for 5/6 or 7/8 this afternoon...

It's tied in second overtime..... sudden death OT to follow.....

You may not be able to see that the clock read 0:00...... although you can hear the crowd countdown and not the horn to signal the official end of period....

Thor also features in this video ...can you find him? (I do not feature in this video, I don't think....) ....ok wait, no you can see me. and the othe parents beating the crap out of me. again.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #291
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Verry coolz !!
But you guys need a betterer camera
Old 06-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #292
monster

not mine. Reserve goalie parents again. appreciate all they send/share. I'm too busy watching. Probably won't be anything next year -reserve goalie will be main goalie.)
Old 06-02-2013, 05:34 AM   #293
Griff
still says videotape

Go team!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #294
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
RECORD BREAKER!!!!!

The breaststroke relay won and smashed the previous record (from 2005) by 3 seconds!!!
It's the crazy relays meet time again. her Breaststroke relay won (no heat sheets this year, though, so we don't know what the record was and didn't get to see her name in print as the record holder ) .....and so did her fly relay (also the A relay) ....and her IM relay was second. Back up in division 1, so the state cuts are faster, but holding our own -second only to Saline -the rats and pioneers had no chance.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #295
monster

*snort* She just got a MISCA cut ......in the 500free, her least favorite event, at an intersquad meet we had to test the new timing system. She didn't yet get that cut in the IM, one of her two events we expect her to get a state cut in. Coach is threatening to switch her. (MISCAs are like practice State Championships). She's a little pissed to say the least.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #296
monster

Well earlier this week she got a MISCA in the fly -too late to enter plus you can only enter 2 events, but nice to have (she did get the IM cut at some point). Today was MISCAS and she finally got that fricking breaststroke state cut. Shaved a couple of seconds off the IM but that state cut is still being elusive..... it's ridiculously fast this year.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #297
monster

last week she knocked three seconds off her 200free time. Because she wanted to give up on the IM for this year and swim that at regionals instead. (That was another Misca cut). And today, regional championships prelims (SECs to us), she took off another 2 seconds. she actually has a chance of getting a state cut in that tomorrow! Oh and she slaughtered all but her teammate in the breaststroke to take second, and she isn't even tapered yet. Woohoo!

Remember the weird and wonderful mystery of the state sign that appeared in the yard when she made the state team the first time? Sunday I am making them. It's like when you have to play tooth fairy for the first time .....

please don't be all predictable about me ruining the magic of the tf for you
Old 11-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #298
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

She's doing very well, good on her.

And you continue to be amazing.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #299
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Isn't it about time for colleges to start recruiting her for her athletic prowess? How are things looking on that front?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #300
monster

2nd place! in the stupidly fast time of 1:07.something. Her teammate took first. Yes, colleges are recruiting, but she doesn't want to swim in college (she wants to play polo) She also hit the podium as part of the third placed 400free relay team. And sliced another couple of seconds off her 200free time.