The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 04-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #31
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
Well, at first I thought it was a silly question, but the responses proved me wrong. A lot of answers were ones I could have predicted. However, I was amazed at the number of people who said (jokingly or not) that they would use their final day to commit murder, assassination, and torture. That never would have occured to me. Different strokes, I guess.
vigilante-ism isn't all that uncommon, most of us don't partake because we don't want to get in trouble with the law. But it's just under the surface for many people. particularly when we see a system that doesn't seem inclined towards justice.

i think if the chips were down, though, very few people would waste their final hours worrying about anything other than their families and friends and a few creature comforts.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:15 PM   #32
Cirocco
Jotter of Notes

I'd repost mine, and recind much, but it would still suck compaired to Beastie. So. Nevermind.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:42 PM   #33
busterb
NSABFD

Get a loan for a million bucks. With no life insurance on it.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:13 AM   #34
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

How could you spend $1 miliion in a day??
Old 04-08-2005, 08:17 AM   #35
russotto
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman
How could you spend $1 miliion in a day??
Fast cars, fun drugs, and loose women.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:38 AM   #36
Cirocco
Jotter of Notes

How to spens 1$million

Well spend with care. Wild, drunken, loose women can get quite expensive i hear.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #37
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Yes, I can.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:01 PM   #38
chainsaw
Wingnahningning... Er somethin'

This thread, all the Terry Schivo shit, and my own health has really got me thinking about death. Not a bad thing in my eyes (thinking about it, I mean). I want to be "prepared" I guess, as much as one can be. And I want to write letters for people in my life to read when I'm gone. Things that I can't/don't know how to say now but really want them to know... good and bad things.

For the record, I also want it clear what I want done with my body. None of this expensive funeral crap. No flowers. No churches. Toss me in a cardboard box and torch it on the beach. Bring a few kegs, order pizza and play loud music.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:32 PM   #39
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Chainsaw , you and i think lots alike .
I wounder though if this ending would be a quick " oh shit !!" and lights out , or a slow and painfull wind down ???
If quick and painless and i have 12 hours , make peace with my sister , visit with my kids , drink to much , fish some , and die by the Spring river here in Arkansas sitting by a fire watching the river roll past .

If slow and painfull , pretty much the same but with a .44 mag on my hip to end it when i feel it needs to end .

Now as to what to do with my body , cremate my dead ass , put my ashes in a straw hat , gather around friends and family , light the hat on fire and float it down the river , pop open a beer and celabrate my good times , drink a toast to the dead !!!
Old 04-16-2005, 10:44 PM   #40
busterb
NSABFD

I guess the 1 mil bucks came about, by I heard someone ask an old guy what did he want do in life. He replied die owing a million bucks. I think he made it.